Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Logikv9 posted:

If it wasn't 1:00PM I would do an Apple Event drinking game.

Its 6 Pm in Europe :) there will be 365 slides judging from one of the monitors they filmed

E. The only thing I have is a bottle of cognac. This might get dangerous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
I like how Tim just skips the earnings and sales crap

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

GutBomb posted:

Why is the name of a feature called "complications"?

It's from the watchmaking tradition.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Binary Badger posted:

this part of the stream only applies to doctors who own crapple watches

What's better than a doctor? An entrepreneur doctor. Twice the arrogance. Yay (I apologise in advance to all good humble physicians through the world. Hey sis)

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
His voice is cracking. Poor guy must be scared out of his mind

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
I like the two tone leather band

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
They need to introduce a keyboard cover to really hit the enterprise market

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
Apple pencil? Even has a die hard apple fan this makes me cringe. Also. That stylus is not exactly beautiful

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
I definitely will be the new atv out of all the things in this keynote but......

No optical audio out? WTF

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Lblitzer posted:

Why does Phil keep changing his shirt?

Sweat?

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I too demand connectors from 1992

I am still getting but I have mine connected to my sound bar though optical and I have no intention of buying a new one in the near future. It's my particular use case but it still bums me. Especially since flat screens generally have lovely sound

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
I love the idea that someone is actually " creative writing" all these emails that they show in the keynotes :)

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
If we get a 32g base iPhone 6 I will definetly upgrade. Apple TV will go in the cart as soon as it's available.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

smackfu posted:

Well, you are never going to sell the phone, so unlocked is only useful if you switch carriers pretty often.

Or if you like to travel and pickup local sims

Although roaming charges are dropping in Europe

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
Is there a list of launch countries for the new Apple TV?

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

OhFunny posted:

So will there be an announcement for a new IPad Air in October or are they just going to keep the Air 2 around for another year?

The air 2 is "overpowered" they could keep it around and making upgrading next year much more compelling. Plus sales are dropping. They could save on R & d costs

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
Eh. The Apple TV will come with a lightning to use cable. If you need one that's a you are saving a tenner when buying.

Now. I know it will go beyond the tv and with Bluetooth that not even causing reception issues.

But to me making it taller makes it ugly versus the previous one.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

MickRaider posted:

Hopefully getting a new ATV. Our ATV2 crashes like 3-4 times a night

Sell you atv2 to the jail breakers. They are still paying good money for those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Why would this even bother you? Do sit staring at the tiny component next to the massive TV and wonder "god its just too big!"??

It's just an aesthetic niggle. Not a deal breaker. And like I said it's going behind something.

• Locked thread