Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

dexter6 posted:

Speculation (taken from http://www.vox.com/2015/9/8/9277549/iphone-6s-ipad-pro-apple-tv)
  • Apple News launch
  • A smarter Siri

Weren't these already confirmed and previewed at WWDC?

I'm really hoping they bump the base storage to 32GB but I'm not holding my breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Apple TV + apps + Siri + HomeKit. :colbert:

…I don't even have any HomeKit stuff, it just seems like the most obvious hub. :negative:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

El Capitan may be released concurrently, as the betas have been coming out quicker than they did for Yosemite. Especially with more features being reliant on having El Cap and iOS 9.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

This is probably unrealistic, but I'd buy an AppleTV in an instant if it could natively play MKVs off a hard drive or USB stick.

But you can switch to a MP4 container without transcoding pretty easily? :confused:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I assume they're working on a "still our property for 24 months, but we don't mind you selling on as long as you don't stop paying us" model: basically, financing with bells and whistles.

My carrier (O2) pretty much does this already :v:.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I would imagine that given they're still selling the old Apple TV alongside the new models, they'll get the OS upgrade, just not the App Store or Siri. At the very least, they should get a graphical refresh.

Then again, the Nano still sports the old skeuomorphic look, so…

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I'm expecting the A9/M9/iOS 9 will draw just a little less power in normal, and Low Power Mode will probably help stragglers to midnight.

Look on the bright side; your phone will charge five minutes faster with 100mAh knocked off. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I have never needed eSATA ever.

• Locked thread