Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supgaiz
Jun 27, 2011
I just noticed this on the event page.

quote:

Requirements: Live streaming uses Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) technology. HLS requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Safari on iOS 7.0 or later, a Mac with Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X v10.8.5 or later, or a PC with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.

Has Apple always claimed you could watch it in a Microsoft browser, or is this new?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supgaiz
Jun 27, 2011

thebushcommander posted:

This 3D touch is stupid. The 'peak in' requires your finger to stay on the screen obscuring your view from whatever menu comes up. Perfect.

You press hard to peek to see if it's something you care about, then press harder to make it stick if you actually want to see it.

Supgaiz
Jun 27, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

the apple surface keyboard ripoff costs more than buying the new appleTV

Kind of dumb to call the keyboard a Surface ripoff when third parties made iPad keyboard covers before the Surface existed imo.

Supgaiz
Jun 27, 2011
"The 6 and 6 Plus were priced like this with these storage options. Well the 6S and 6S Plus are........exactly the same!"
What a weird thing to build up to.

Supgaiz
Jun 27, 2011

LionYeti posted:

In probably doesn't matter but nonetheless irritating news
The 6S battery isn't bigger then the 6 its smaller.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/09/iphone-6s-1715mah-battery/

Isn't that just a 3d render of the phone? Seems like the sort of thing that'd be an easy mistake to make. The tech specs for the new phones still show the 6S Plus having significantly more battery life than the non-Plus so I wouldn't be worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supgaiz
Jun 27, 2011
Oops, drat this naming scheme. Seeing 6s' and 6's confused me made me think for some reason they were trying to say the bigger phone had a smaller battery than the smaller phone.

My 6 needed to be charged every night on iOS 8. On iOS 9 it gets me though 2 days. I wonder if they downplayed the power savings of iOS 9 on the 6 because they knew they were going to shrink the batteries in the 6s such that the battery life would be the same.

• Locked thread