Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"The only thing that's changed is everything" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Logikv9 posted:

what was wrong with the force touch name

they want to say they put something new in it instead of something they already shipped.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gibberish posted:

pressing harder on the screen lets you be more aggressive with the angry texts that you are sending to your boyfriend's other girlfriend you found while snooping on his iphone6s

that would actually rule

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
HARDER PRESS BIGGER BUBBLE

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hi craig!!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Craig slipped up and called it force touch ilu Craig

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

This could all be done with regular touch gestures why didnt they just do that

they could have used a stylus

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

He's right. All of this can be done with regular touches. It's a fluff feature, not "revolutionary"

yea but it's still going to be useful who cares nice phone

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They aren't mentioning RAM but it better be 2 I want higher numbers appl

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wulfolme posted:

yeah, im still probably going to get a 6S. I'm just not going to touch myself on the wiener with it.

you need an accessory for that

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nothing about this is making me go "I need to upgrade"

Then don't.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

just_a_guy posted:

If we get a 32g base iPhone 6 I will definetly upgrade. Apple TV will go in the cart as soon as it's available.

That's not coming.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha matching stand

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
RIP C

I like plastic I'll miss it :(

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Hm, annual upgrade program. I'd need to crunch some numbers on what my annual upgrade has cost in the last few years.

I don't think they'll let you sell your phone on this program so it's probably not better. Applecare included is pretty smart tho.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

Someone do the math on that upgrade program to see if it's worth it.

For a 16gb iPhone:

Program: $32 x 12 months = $384 for one year, $384 x 2 years = $768 for two years, two phones.
Without program: $650 + $99 = $750 for two years, on one phone.
Without program, selling minor scratched phone: $650 + $99 - $233 (Glyde price for a iPhone 5s) = $517 for two years, on one phone.
Without program, selling minor scratched phone, selling twice $650 + $99 - $395 (Glyde price for a iPhone 6) = $355, $355 x 2 = $710 for two years, two phones.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

No more events this year, I imagine. Air 2 is sticking around, which is fine. The A8X is crazy fast.

I'm happy there's a new mini, and I hope it does everything the Air 2 does.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The big question with the upgrade program is how getting a new phone will work. They talk about an option to get a new phone, which makes it sound like you don't get one on launch day automatically.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ahh I really miss the plastic phones. I know that the 5c's main purpose was to make the 5s look better but I like mine a lot.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

LionArcher posted:

I'm currently on a t mobile nerd plan with a iPhone 5s. I bought it outright, and it's unlocked. Am I right in noting that I can keep my nerd plan and just get a new phone for basically 40 bucks a month with the new apple plan? If so that's a super sick deal.

Yep, the apple cases at least are for both the 6 and 6s.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ZeeBoi posted:

lol @ apple TV app size limit

lol @ the big exclusive game being Rusty's Real Deal Baseball

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wulfolme posted:

Did we find out if they upgraded the RAM or not?

Nope, and we probably won't know until the devices are in reviewer's hands. Since they didn't announce that the multitasking features the iPad is getting with iOS 9 were coming to the phones I doubt that they upgraded it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

flipoff posted:

I did some quick math on the apple upgrade program, and it's looking to me like it might be a good deal compared to buying/reselling your phone.

Assuming you were to buy a 6s 64 GB now, add in Apple Care, and you're spending $880 ($750+$130). Net that against a $350 resale (iphone 6 64 GB price on gazelle right now) for a net cost of $530. Repeat when the iphone 7 comes out and you're looking at a total cost over 2 years of $1,060. Compare that to 24 monthly payments of $36.58 and you'd only spend $878 over 2 years. Your resale value would have to be about $440 in order for both options to be equal.

Gazelle is a pawn shop, you're getting a lot less than market value. You could flip an iphone 6 64 GB for $450 dollars or more if you work a little, and you don't have to buy Apple Care. That doesn't mean it's not a good deal, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Important to note: the Split View feature of iOS 9, where you can use two full apps side by side on an iPad, will work on the Mini 4. This probably means it has 2gb of ram like the iPad Air does.

• Locked thread