Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I have some questions about prepaid plans. The Apple plan thing made me curious about unlocked phones and prepaid plans. Sounds like I could save some money because I hardly use my phone during the day (can't bring it into work), and I use about 35 minutes of talk time each month.

The cheapest I've got my monthly Verizon bill down to is ~$80/month which has 450 minutes, 1000 texts, and 2GB of data. I like the idea of staying on the Verizon network, which limits me to their prepaid plan or this Page Plus Cellular thing I just learned about.

One thing I need to get straight: if I do this Apple plan and pay ~$37 for a 64GB 6S, can I get any prepaid plan that looks attractive, or are iPhones restricted from some plans?

Long story short: I have been in a contract for four years, and I have no idea what my other options are if I get an unlocked phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
My contract is up on October 2nd. I guess I just tell Verizon to.... not(?) continue billing me for my contract at that point? I want to keep my number, and their $45/month plan with an extra 1GB of data with automatic renewal sounds like a pretty sweet deal. How easy is it to keep your number when bouncing around prepaid plans?

• Locked thread