Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
I think this announcement / event will be like most others in presentation and flow. Tim will start with an overview of the company, and some fluff pieces about what Apple is doing good in the world - and he will definitely update us on the status of Apple Music and Apple Watch. Then, he'll get into the announcements.

New Apple Watch Bands - Likelihood: 90%
This will be gone over very quickly, probably right away.

OS X 10.11 Launch Date - Likelihood: 100%
Tim will disclose this and maybe give 5 minutes to this. However - I have a feeling we might see Siri integration into OS X - but that is only about a 20% chance since no one's even seen hints in the code. If we do, this will probably be a good 15 minutes.

iOS9 and WatchOS2 - Likelihood: 100%
This is a given. We'll get announce dates for all of these - possibly same day as the iPhone launch. No surprises here.

New iPhones - Likelihood: 100%
This is really a no-brainer. We're at that point in the lifecycle, so we'll definitely see the new iPhone crop come up this year. I'm not quite entirely sure what will make these stand out - a processor bump, low-end being 32gig or 64gig storage, or maybe the lack of a physical touch-ID button, but we'll definitely see these. I do not expect a new iPhone '6c' though. I think we'll see launch dates as "Available to Order on September 25th"

New AppleTV - Likelihood: 80%
I really, really hope I am wrong here. But I've been burned too many times to be fully confident that we will see a new AppleTV this year. If we do, however, I feel it will come with Siri integration, HomeKit integration, and a bluetooth remote control. I also think we'll see "aTVOS" - an iOS derivative designed specifically for AppleTV. (This I give a lower confidence score to - about 30%.)

New iPads / The iPad Pro - Likelihood: 50%
While I would like to see an iPad Pro - I think we'll see this covered later this year in October in it's own event.

Mac Refresh / Update - Likelihood: 10%
Doubtful we'll see this at this sort of event. Macs usually refresh during OS X updates, or their own events, not during the annual iPhone update.

All these things will take some time - but they'll probably end again with some sort of musical guest that I really could care less about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Diabolik900 posted:

That's a terrible name. The rumored name is just tvOS, which is way better and more in line with their other recent names.

Oh I know it's terrible. tvOS isn't that great either, but we'll find out in a couple hours.

• Locked thread