Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

flipoff posted:

I did some quick math on the apple upgrade program, and it's looking to me like it might be a good deal compared to buying/reselling your phone.

Assuming you were to buy a 6s 64 GB now, add in Apple Care, and you're spending $880 ($750+$130). Net that against a $350 resale (iphone 6 64 GB price on gazelle right now) for a net cost of $530. Repeat when the iphone 7 comes out and you're looking at a total cost over 2 years of $1,060. Compare that to 24 monthly payments of $36.58 and you'd only spend $878 over 2 years. Your resale value would have to be about $440 in order for both options to be equal.

I'm not sure this is the right comparison, as you're still on the hook for a year of iPhone payments to pay off the second iPhone. Also, as was mentioned, gazelle is pretty low for trade value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Michael Scott posted:

What happens after the end of the 24th month, with your 2nd iphone? Do you owe any more money?

Depends where you're counting from. If you get a phone now, trade it in at 12 months, and get a new one, you're on the hook for 24 months of payments to pay it off, so 36 months from the time you get your first phone.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do minutes and data roll over on this plan?

Also no nights/weekends, iirc.

• Locked thread