Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Am I wrong to think/hope that the new AppleTV is basically just old AppleTV+apps+Amazon Echo?

This is exactly what I want so I hope not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
So far it's looking really good for Kenderama.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Logikv9 posted:

Airstrip is really neat if everyone spends a fuckton of money to integrate everything together. So it's useless.

Well, most of the big healthcare companies are adopting something, not necessarily Airstrip though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Unlike any keyboard unless you've used a Surface.

Well good news for Apple, then,

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Meh, he better get used to it. Adapt or get out of the way in IT.

It's honestly not that challenging anymore. They read docs and pdfs which is about all anyone uses. The main stumbling block is still spreadsheets suck on ios.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
If Paddington had shown this trailer I might have watched it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Cooperative Crossy Road sounds fun.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Shachi posted:

Is there an over/under on the probability that the entry iPhone 6s will be 16GB again. I can't understand why this is such a big deal for apple. You can literally buy a 120GB micro SD card for $50. Why in the YOOL 2015 is this still a $100 step up program?

Because a huge segment of the market don't have anything but the OS on their phone.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
If it works, that's cool.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Someone will crack the screen using this method and ForceGate will be born.

And then next year's model will bend when force touched.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

xthetenth posted:

130 actually, and they're positioning a 128 gb iPad against a Surface with 8 GB ram, 256 gb storage and an i5 that's due for an update.

They aren't positioning themselves against the Surface. They're positioning themselves against their own products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I said come in! posted:

How good is the iPhone about uploading content to the cloud? 16GB shouldn't be that big of a deal if you just have everything upload to a server. I dunno, that's how i've been doing it for years.

For me it is the apps that have ultimately made my work 16GB unwieldy, but it's partly because I've been app hoarding. I use it for music frequently and podcasts once in a while and that's never a problem.

• Locked thread