Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I don't buy Apple products new but having had the 6 for a month, it definitely could use the extra ram and that makes me excited to see the iPhone finally going with more than 1gb. My 5S didn't feel as memory-ridden as the 6 did but that could be because I was running the iOS9 beta on the 6.

Also, that picture in the OP is really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
$99 pencil lol

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Man those are some confusing names to remember for each of the models.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Okay those Siri actions on the ATV are pretty drat sweet.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Why does Phil keep changing his shirt?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Animated lock screens? Hell yes.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Yup $32 is the base model 6S .. 128GB is $40 per month.

That's pretty drat affordable. I may have to jump on this.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

smackfu posted:

The other weird thing about the upgrade program:

It would make no sense to keep it for 24 months, since you would pay more than the cost of the phone.

Some people can't afford to pay for a $800 phone up front. Do you not understand the appeal of payment plans?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

smackfu posted:

It's a $650 16 GB iPhone 6S for $32.41 a month. After 24 months you will pay $777.84.

AT&T will sell you the same exact phone for $32.50 and it will be paid off after 18 months, for a total of $650.

That's the part that doesn't make sense to me.

Oh I see what you're saying now. Yeah I believe it's the Apple Care that makes the difference. But even still ~$125 more with the option to upgrade after 1 year is still worth it to me to do their payment plan (where I only pay $20/month right now on Cricket).

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
The thing that has me worried about the upgrade program is this little bit:

quote:

The iPhone Upgrade Program is available to qualified customers only with a valid U.S. personal credit card. Requires a 24-month installment loan with Citizens Bank, N.A. and iPhone activation with a national carrier — AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon.

No mention of Unlocked devices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Choadmaster posted:

How did you get all the way to the fine print at the bottom without seeing the "Unlocked" in large print in section 2?

I was reading The Verge and came across this page: http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6s

It says you can Pay in Full or use whatever carrier's payment plan. It doesn't say anything about buying an unlocked phone through the payment plan.

• Locked thread