Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Michael Scott posted:

It's just really quite cool. Have you felt it on the newest MacBook yet?

It's an eerie and unique feeling to feel a button when there is no button.

The "force touch" on the phones will just be varying levels of pressure resulting in different actions, not haptic feedback from the display.

(I own the MacBook and it is really cool there, but I'd be amazed if that's what we get on the phones. It hasn't been rumoured in that regard anywhere.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Kenderama: Please take this as intended (internet fun and games, not trying to call you out), but I think you'll be wrong on quite a few points:

Kenderama posted:

OS X 10.11 Launch Date - Likelihood: 100%
Tim will disclose this and maybe give 5 minutes to this.
I think the closest we'll get to a release date is "later this year"/"fall" which we knew already.

Kenderama posted:

New iPhones - Likelihood: 100%
I'm not quite entirely sure what will make these stand out - a processor bump, low-end being 32gig or 64gig storage, or maybe the lack of a physical touch-ID button.
I don't think we'll get a storage bump or the non-physical button; Apple were quite defiant about moving data to the cloud meaning 16gigs was enough last year, and this year they've made pushes towards reducing app size, so I can't see them stepping up the low end. As for the button, I can't believe we'll see any hardware changes these days without them leaking months in advance.

Kenderama posted:

I do not expect a new iPhone '6c' though.
I don't disagree, but this is the only place I hope I'm wrong. I've used iPhones for years and my day job is an iOS developer, but this is about the only thing that will stop me jumping ship to an Xperia Compact. I'm still using an iPhone 5 and really don't like the 6 size/design.

Kenderama posted:

I think we'll see launch dates as "Available to Order on September 25th"
I'm pretty sure history suggests availability the Friday after the announcement, i.e. Sept 18th.

.. Let's see who's right! :)

• Locked thread