Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
Now you see how I ended up with 120 hours in the EA stage. For all its garbage it's just... fun-ish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
When bolter play clicks it is rewarding. Seeing a CSM bro getting tag teamed by zero Talent Shield melee users, and I can open up with a steady stream of Boulder fire and I can help the chaos bro win :-)

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

When I first started using hunters Mark (swooping hawk's battle rifle) I really hated it. But after going back to it I really love it. It has a high min damage and it headshots heavies dead from forever away. It still does crazy damage if you land your shots right.

They really need to give it its own firing sound though. It's a semi auto only weapon and still has the autofire sounds and it sounds awful. If I hold the trigger after firing one shot I still hear it firing shots. Top jank.

Cowstomper
Oct 16, 2005

Next patch may have a melta/fusion gun nerf, so orks might actually be able to keep a vehicle around more than ten seconds after it comes out.

Orv
May 4, 2011
They showed the grav gun on stream today. It's first pass VFX but it's just a translucent, rainbow-colored melta beam and it looks loving hilarious.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
lol they should really just hone things rather than add anything.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
In as RokKrusha for the Ork Guild.

So I'm coming back to this after a long hiatus (last time I played it was just marines and CSM). Is there any point in building custom loadouts until you have a bunch of advancement stuff unlocked with the premades? Seems odd.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Is this game as good as Space Marine multiplayer yet? Also can I cosplay as Gabriel Angelos with a giant two handed thunder hammer?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Its balance is even worse than Space Marine's.

No two-handed hammers.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Lassitude posted:

Its balance is even worse than Space Marine's.

quote:

No two-handed hammers.

These statements are contradictory.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
As far as I can tell the only thing that really carried over is the strength of the Plasma Cannon.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Lascannons are fortunately not as bullshit easymode sniper time as they were in Space Marine.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

As far as I can tell the only thing that really carried over is the strength of the Plasma Cannon.

Oh great, the most OP weapon in Space Marine is back. Can't wait to dodge AoE balls of death launched from half the map away once more.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Senjuro posted:

Oh great, the most OP weapon in Space Marine is back. Can't wait to dodge AoE balls of death launched from half the map away once more.

Literally exactly how it happens.

And they one shot you, too.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Lassitude posted:

Lascannons are fortunately not as bullshit easymode sniper time as they were in Space Marine.

I was being a swooping hawk yesterday and noticed The lascannon laser pointer homing in on me. So of course I close the distance and fly in at mach 12 and then just kind of play with him while he literally couldn't do anything.

This should be how it works for plasma cannons too.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

In as RokKrusha for the Ork Guild.

So I'm coming back to this after a long hiatus (last time I played it was just marines and CSM). Is there any point in building custom loadouts until you have a bunch of advancement stuff unlocked with the premades? Seems odd.

By the time you have reached rank 2, you should have unlocked enough AP to cover most of the stuff in the premade classes. At that point you should have unlocked a bunch of new toys from the 1000 req box to stop using the premade classes.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

A "good game" :thumbsup:

AAaaand really late edit:

Just plasma cannon things.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 24, 2016

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Unless this game has sunk to 20 bucks it is not worth the price but mowing down a pile of melee using fucktards, friend and foe alike, as a dark reaper feels good.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

neonbregna posted:

Unless this game has sunk to 20 bucks it is not worth the price but mowing down a pile of melee using fucktards, friend and foe alike, as a dark reaper feels good.

An Eldar would never TK another Eldar. That's not canon :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011

lite_sleepr posted:

An Eldar would never TK another Eldar. That's not canon :colbert:

C.S. Goto wrote this game.

j5mello
Jul 23, 2008
Do any of the Eldar players know if any of the Loot Boxes drop a Tempest Launcher? or should i just start saving for it?

I just Dinged Rank 4 on my Eldar. Proceeded to blow all my AP on kitting out my Dire. But now that i have the T2 armor, i can't afford to take the Good Wargear nor can i take my Twin Catapult.

Also follow on, are there any mods for the heavy weapons for the Dark Reaper? or the Twin Catapult for that matter?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

You're going to want to open loot boxes in order, as in 1k ones till you get everything, then the 5k ones, etc. This ensures you don't get 1k loot from a 5k box, for instance.

I think you start getting tempest launchers from the 5k or 12k boxes. The master crafted tempest launcher is actually worth considering. Normal tempest launcher can do 4 salvos and has to wait out a maxed heat cycle, the MC one builds up heat slightly less, which means you get the 4 salvos but can start shooting again sooner rather than completely cool down first.

T2 armor and burning rune are usually reserved for veteran classes (exalted for eldar). They're nice but super expensive. As for mods, for ANY gun; you want the heavy barrel or nothing at all. Textured grip is good for most weapons. As expected, the only mods worth getting are only found in the 30k chests. Go figure. And heavy weapons don't have mods yet in game.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
I mean gently caress this dead game but said dead game just released a major patch.

quote:

MAJOR Content Update 1 (v1.1.1) "Tactical Escalation" - Nov 17 / HOTfix 1.1.1b
Community Announcements - Houman (Behaviour Interactive)
HOTfix 1.1.1b - Nov 18

-Reduced the travel/distance on melee attacks with the Grav Gun.
-Grav weapons now reduce travel distance during melee attacks.
-Fixed overlaps between World Map banners and match icons.
-Maggon: Removed Quadguns for attackers near A.
-Zedek: Fixed a stuck spot near some crates.
-Agnathio: Fixed a nasty bug with the terrain.
-Addressed a problem with some cover animations not playing back correctly in certain situations.
-Tweaked Eldar meltabomb object to address a few weirdnesses.
-Ork melee animation issues have been cleaned up! Sprint Attack anim polish was done for Choppa Blade and Knuckles.
-Redefined Ork Improvised Shield hitbox to fix a few issues.
-Updated the Loading Screen image.
-Fixed a bug related to users searches that could cause perf. issues.
-Made some change to the Store item listings.
-Backend fixes for Steam friends live synching.
-Backend optimizations for accountID/forumID searches.

--------------------

Read more here:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/375230/announcements/detail/351673029802295474

--------------------

"Tactical Escalation" v1.1.1 Patch Notes

Steam BuildID: 1463046

(For those who are having issues when patching the game, you can verify that you have the correct version by matching the BuildID above with what you have listed in the "Properties" window, under the "Local Files" tab. If it's the same, you're good! If it's not the same, you would need to force an update by either logging out/in Steam, or choosing "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" from "Local Files" tab.)

New and Noteworthy Additions:

- Campaigns: Faction community objectives giving RTC, reducing the feeling of pay to win, start next week!
- New World Map features!
- Garrison Dueling! YES! It’s here…
- New game mode in both Zedek and Maggon, called “Hold the Line”.
- Grav weapons for SMs! (Gun, Cannon, Pistol)
- Battle Loadouts revamp!
- Melee + Parrying Blow tweaking! (For certain classes and their timings)
- Animation polish!
- Guild vs Guild competitions! (Needs to be planned/coordinated/arranged with bE, not thru the game)
- Matchmaking tweaks + improvements (to avoid the dreaded stacked matches…)
- PVE revamp! (New game mode activated for squads of 2-3 players, Complex Beta re-added + various tweaks to difficulty!)
- Store + Reward box quality of life improvements!
- New smaller cap points for tight spots!
- Just under 650 bug fixes and tasks integrated in this patch!

Gameplay Tweaks/Improvements:

-Guild vs Guild competitions are in! Think your guild has what it takes to take on one of your rival guilds? Just want a friendly competition with another guild? This feature is for you! These need to be scheduled and set up in advance with bE. Register your guild vs guild competition here >> http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/competitive-play-register-here.60959/

-The new “Hold the Line” game mode is in a trial run, so here are the details: Attackers must capture points in order, while defenders have limited reinforcements and cannot recapture points (like in Fortress matches) or spawn transport.

-PVE: The Nid Warrior has been further tuned to be more present/active in matches, as well as being a bit more reasonable to encounter (no longer should you RUN!). This includes applying a movement/turn fix so the warrior doesn’t stay stuck in place/idle.

-PVE: Improved AI target selection, using distance and most “hate”-generating attacker.

-PVE: Reduced the Warrior’s fast attack travel/movement distance per swing.

-PVE: Reduced the possibility of the Warriors to get stun-locked… Sorry folks who found that magic touch pre-patch ;)

-PVE: Warrior HP has been increased again after these tweaks.

-PVE: Reduced the # of Hormagaunts that can attack a downed target to prevent swarming deaths…

-The Voice of the Emperor's damage has been decreased and suppression increased to match the text description.

Combat/Weapon/Faction Tunings:

-Orks have been tweaked: Reduced Iron Gob loadout point cost by 100, reduced Golden Gob loadout point cost by 100, reduced Grim Trophy loadout point cost by 30, reduced BOSS plate loadout point cost by 30, added Rusty Gob for Slugga Boyz.

-Ork melee animations have been improved significantly.

-The octagonal platform in the Garrison now allows you to fight other members of the same faction. We in QA call it the DANGER ZONE!!!!! (For the Archer fans out there or anyone a little country, the acoustic/country version to listen to while reading patch notes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RPRVMrFoJw )

-The Parrying Blow/DBash on Tactical-equivalents now causes a longer stagger.

Vehicle Changes:

-Increased the bleed out health on vehicles, to make it less likely to explode in your face when you attack them with weapons like the power fist.

Menu/UI/Chat Window Improvements:

-World Map revamped! Players can now see ongoing match icons in the contested territories of the world map (selecting an icon will let you see information about the match and allow you to join it), or select a faction to queue against. Ongoing matches, including what maps are being played, are now visible from the revamped World Map screen!

-Battle Loadouts revamp! You can now have 30 basic loadouts, 10 elite loadouts, and can choose your equipped loadouts at the start of a match. Freedom is GOOD! :D

-Attempting to save a loadout with missing requirements now tells the user which items are at fault.

-New loading screen has been added for this first & beefy content update!

-Supply Box rewards no longer overlap across boxes, allowing players to directly target items from each tier. You shouldn’t be getting the same rewards if you already have them; if you are, this is a bug and needs to be reported!

-The Store now displays a preview of the selected item on a stock character to make the decision hopefully a bit easier!

-Relinquishing items currently equipped on a character is now correctly disabled.

-Players now have to type the character name they are deleting to prevent erasing a character by mistake.

-A lot of background word to prepare for Campaigns has been done, silently, like ninjas we injected the poison of the Campaigns in the game, waiting for the toxins to kick in… 3:> (Seriously, you’ll see a greyed out Campaign button in the World Map along with a few other hints…)

-A warning is now displayed in the Store menu when the chosen character cannot equip an item selected for purchase.

Art/Visual Improvements:

-New smaller wall capture points have been implemented in Pegasus and Zedek and will be rolled out to more maps in the future.

-Dozens MOAR SM and Ork Appearance items have been added!

-The appropriate weapon now shows on the character when editing a weapon mod slot.

Audio Improvements:

-Special Taunts have been added for both the Orks + SM Space Wolves! “ Waaghh!!” for the Orks + “Hoooowwl!!!” for the Space Wolves :D To trigger these special taunts, press and hold T; for regular faction taunts, simply tap T.

Server/Backend/Steam Improvements:

-Lots of tweaks and optimizations to the backend/servers/matchmaking, such as better fidelity for queue #s when starting matches, to prevent the possibility of heavily imbalanced matches started by WPs.

-Matchmaking for large war parties has changed: Previously, when large war parties were inserted into battles they ignored rules about player counts and could create wildly unfair matches. This is no longer the case and as a result it will be harder for large war parties to join matches in progress (although they will be set up to start new matches if enough players on an opposing faction are queued). NOTE: If you are interested in regularly running large war parties, please check out the guidelines for requesting Competition events.

-Players can now join the matchmaking queue against another faction directly from the World Map!

Localization:

-Another sweep of translations integrated in the client across all supported languages, including some of the newly added items that were missing translations.

Bug Fixes:

-Fixed that annoying guild tag display bug in the squad UI! FINALLY, right?

-Fixed an issue where defensive bash would not register hit in certain specific scenarios (depending on a combo of latency + our lag compensation, player’s client performance and attack timings, if that wasn’t enough :D).

-Fixed some overlapping UI bugs on a few deployment screens where other UI elements were blocking your clicks.

-Fixed a few execution anim bugs and anim sync issue with executions, but we’re not done!

-All maps: Fixed over 75 visual/cosmetic/layout/floating object/lighting/one-sided texture bugs and over 40 invisible walls/stuck spots/out of map spots! Keep ‘em coming as bug reports if you find more! Our QA is constantly sweeping through all active maps (and ones in development, but that’s for later ;))

-All maps: Fixed over 25 incorrectly flagged cover/climb or brace spots that didn’t make much sense.

-PVE: Fixed an incorrectly flagged vault node which incorrectly allowed players to vault to their fiery death into lava…

-PVE: Fixed a couple of situational progression blockers when AI were pushed or knocked back through the walls/floor.

-PVE: Fixed an issue where the Warrior Melee was always targeting the Ground Assault class (or equivalent).

-PVE: Accuracy is now fixed for the ranged Warrior.

-PVE: Addressed a couple of performance drops when activating sector locks, during the loading of the next area / de-loading of the previous area.

-PvE: Fixed the death screen to now properly show Tyranid info.

-Fixed 15+ visual/cosmetic/alignment bugs with certain combinations of Appearance item / Wargear / Armour tier combinations.

-Fixed a minor display issue with the way RTC/Req. were being displayed in certain situations.

-Fixed many stuck spots, map holes, scenery/visual bugs and invisible walls across lots of the existing maps.

-Fixed several missing, incorrect or outdated icons for all sorts of items/armor/mods/etc. We’re not done and know we have more to go :)

-Fixed spacing before "increase", "decrease" suffixes in item descriptions.

-Fixed some incorrectly placed contested spawn zones in a handful of maps.

-Fixed several UI issues with end-of-round Commendations being either incorrectly reported or missing.
-Addressed a physics bug with attacking a vehicle in a certain way.

-The Icon of Flame didn’t have the Mark of Tzeentch requirement and has been fixed.

-The Fleshweaver Orb can no longer be equipped while wearing the Mark of Khorne.

-Garrison: Fixed another bug which mistakenly allowed Eldar vehicles to be able to reach the tutorial and duelling areas.

-Frequently, grenades would hit cover & doorways and would bounce back when thrown. This has been fixed!

-An anim speed bug was fixed when attempting to throw a grenade while taking low cover.

-Fixed a particle effect bug when meltabombs detonate when you don’t have direct line of sight with it wasn’t, they weren’t showing the explosion effects.

-Addressed an audio bug with Eldar meltabombs, which made them not play back their SFX correctly.

-Fixed melee weapon mods incorrectly persisting across all weapons of the same type.

-There was a bug where fortifications (both small walls and large gates) were not taking damage correctly from certain class/weapon combos. This has been fixed! If any new combos are found, please send us a bug report!

-Fixed a few more cases of Eldar vehicle exploits that allowed them to get into spots they shouldn’t (like inside cap points -this is NEVER intended, by the way, or inside the practice dummy area inside the Garrison).

-Fixed one of the character's Veteran status spreading over all other characters in the various selection menus.

-Fixed another grenade throw exploit that was discovered.

-Addressed a couple of crashes that would occur under specific conditions, like when a vehicle has a waypoint.

-Fixed a bug with weapon mods not being accounted for during loadout validation.

-Fire Dragon preset loadout was showing no armor icon, this has been fixed!

-Fixed a bug that prevented Combi-Bolter barrel mods from showing up in the loadout equip screens, even after getting it.

-Fixed an issue where the particle effects for some ailments would not stop in certain situations.

-Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause vehicles to become enemy vehicles, if the user spawns them at an associated cap point near the end of being contested.

-Attempt at fixing a bug where vehicle parts would appear with a delay.

-Fixed a small visual glitch with ammo belts when switching weapons in the loadout screens.

-----------------

For an up-to-date list of this patch's known issues, have a look at he thread I created on the -> official EC forum. <-

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The game is dead before I knew it was out.
Awesome.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Inzombiac posted:

The game is dead before I knew it was out.
Awesome.

There's still a good player base as long as you don't play late at night or early in the morning.

Be sure to play as da orkz. Da humies are filled with try hards and eldar, well you shouldn't have even thought about being those shiny gitz.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Don't encourage him to buy this dead, bad game.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Remember when we had an actual 40k MMO to look forward to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ0EJdhR43Q

The death of THQ has been a disaster that 40k games still haven't fully recovered from.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
They added pirate hats to orks so you can play as a free boota, gonna say this game has delivered now

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Senjuro posted:

Remember when we had an actual 40k MMO to look forward to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ0EJdhR43Q

The death of THQ has been a disaster that 40k games still haven't fully recovered from.

May have had something to do with THQ going under though. An actual 40k MMO is such a colossal boondoggle of an idea, its kinda dumb. Don't get me wrong though, I drool over the little footage of that game just like everybody else.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
How is it a boondoggle? The massive amount of lore and backstory? The dozen factions?

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

lite_sleepr posted:

How is it a boondoggle? The massive amount of lore and backstory? The dozen factions?

The implementation. Eternal Crusade was originally billed as an MMORPG shooter in the image of games like Planetside. Now its a No Man's Sky that nobody even cared about.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

lite_sleepr posted:

Just what it takes to actually construct the kind of playstyle people expect of that.

Doing 40k MMO on a budget gives you... Eternal Crusade. If you want more than that, it becomes preposterously complicated. Entire world of players running around in huge fields driving tanks and leading assaults on different fronts.

Like Orabilis said you basically have to do Planetside 2, which was not exactly an easy or cheap game to develop and required a lot of proprietary tech to handle.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Its Space Marines multi-player, but with more stuff. Planetside 2 light. I think its fun and has a lot to like, but its not perfect. If your expectations were for an MMO, it is definitely not that.

I would rather play this than the new star wars battlefront, so take that for what you will

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 1, 2016

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Bad taste is bad taste. Game stutters and runs like poo poo. Netcode is garbage still. Unoptimized.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Hoping to confirm that death wing is bad also

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

neonbregna posted:

Sorry to disappoint but it's Republic Commando meets Left 4 Dead and E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy when it works

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

neonbregna posted:

The gameplay from the beta was good fun when it worked. The netcode was horrific. Fortunately, it seems that the publishers are actually not complete muppets since they pushed the release back about 5 days to give the devs time to sort it out.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Sorry to disappoint but it's Republic Commando meets Left 4 Dead and E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy when it works

It's made by the E.Y.E. devs so yeah it should be good fun.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So, what did this game end up becoming, because it's not an mmo that's for sure, and I don't really want to sift through the entire thread. Can so wine sum up what it's like and I'd it's worth it, real quick? Tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Orabilis posted:

The implementation. Eternal Crusade was originally billed as an MMORPG shooter in the image of games like Planetside. Now its a No Man's Sky that nobody even cared about.

This was the MMO that was going to be free for people to play the lowest orc grunt, lol. Is it worth the 20 bucks?

Sure glad I didn't buy this game for $250 dollars a year or two ago. I love how the MMO forum is literally killing people's knowledge of this game now also lol, like it should of been moved to games so long ago hahahahahahahaha! Game was never a MMO, lol. Maybe in design phase.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 16, 2016

• Locked thread