Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

Hi friends

Hi :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

The op is exactly what this game deserves because promise means gently caress all when they change the plan in every update for the game.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Skoll posted:

Somebody got fuckin' mad.

It's you. You are mad.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm mad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm Eonwe

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Eonwe posted:

Hi friends

Hi Eonwe! BTW love your drunk break dancing elephant.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

like three other people have that avatar, what is it about

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Babe Magnet posted:

You talking about mine or the Eonwe's? Cause mine I got for free when I signed up. The elephant I'm pretty sure is either a Disney channel thing or from that one sports ball team.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sazabi posted:

Hi Eonwe! BTW love your drunk break dancing elephant.

thank you friend

Babe Magnet posted:

so I got the avatar from BYOB, i dont know where its from for sure

the other people on SA that have it had it purchased for them by a star citizen j4g who was really into bitcoins and also liked to complain about how unfair the age of consent is

he bought a lot of people avatars in the star citizen thread

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he's the guy who loving hates you right? lol

Sazabi posted:

You talking about mine or the Eonwe's? Cause mine I got for free when I signed up. The elephant I'm pretty sure is either a Disney channel thing or from that one sports ball team.

yeah I know garbage dick, it's the latest version of Stupid Newbie

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Eonwe posted:

the other people on SA that have it had it purchased for them by a star citizen j4g who was really into bitcoins and also liked to complain about how unfair the age of consent is
Is this just a trend in the MMO forum?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rorus Raz posted:

Is this just a trend in the MMO forum?

Nah, SC thread is from general games, actually. Eonwe salt mined that guy pretty hard, so he blew all his bitcoin profits buying people avatars.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

bitcoin profits

I chuckled quite heartily at this.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
This game is probably going to suck huh?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Loose Ifer posted:

This game is probably going to suck huh?

Probably yes, however I and I feel like at least a few others would be satisfied with a simple space marine multi-player knock off with dedicated servers. Anything more (vehicles, other races, more guns chapters and pretty stuff to bling out on) is just icing on our meager store brand cake.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
GameStop is selling the physical PC copy of Space Marine for $0.97 cents store pick up only.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

It'd be nice if Games Workshop stopped selling their licenses to lovely developers.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Sazabi posted:

Probably yes, however I and I feel like at least a few others would be satisfied with a simple space marine multi-player knock off with dedicated servers. Anything more (vehicles, other races, more guns chapters and pretty stuff to bling out on) is just icing on our meager store brand cake.

I would be more than satisfied if this was literally Space Marine multiplayer but with stable servers.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Tindahbawx posted:

It'd be nice if Games Workshop stopped selling their licenses to lovely developers.

Yes. Blood Bowl 2 is okay though, and Vermintide appears to be a good game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Tindahbawx posted:

Those are the only ones they can push around.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Donnerberg posted:

Yes. Blood Bowl 2 is okay though, and Vermintide appears to be a good game.

Vermintide and Mordheim are legit fun to play.

I was hoping this game would be decent, I haven't looked in a long long time. Now it looks like poo poo.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Vermintide and Mordheim are legit fun to play.

I was hoping this game would be decent, I haven't looked in a long long time. Now it looks like poo poo.

Vermintide is surprisingly a really, really good game. All they need to do is reskin Vermintide for PVE and steal the multiplayer from Space Marine for PVP and you have enough of a fun game to last you for a couple of years.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Deathwing is basically gonna be Vermintide space hulk edition now with added insanity by the looks of it.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
I found this video through related videos. It looks like this game is turning into WH40K: Space Marine meets Planetside2/BF3.

Closed Alpha footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP6zZpg020s

It's looking okay so far.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Paring back when they realized they couldn't make Warhammerside happen was a smart move, and they seem to be making good progress, but my current worry is that their progression systems will ruin everything.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Progression systems do indeed ruin everything. If you want to grind levels n poo poo go play a MMO :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stanley Pain posted:

Progression systems do indeed ruin everything. If you want to grind levels n poo poo go play a MMO :v:

The carrot on the stick of progression is often the only thing keeping people playing an otherwise bland game though.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

The Alpha is very reminiscent of SM, except on a much larger scale. Even though they aren't doing the Planetside 2 system at first, the Heroes & Generals type system they described is still decent, and with up to 100 people per match it definitely won't be a bad thing. If anything, I'm slightly relieved they're going with that type of system first; 100 players seems like it may be a clusterfuck, even more than that and I don't know how things will turn out.

Also: EC-BCYHY6QBYNBMB is an invite code for a few thousand free currency things.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dvsilverwing posted:

The Alpha is very reminiscent of SM, except on a much larger scale. Even though they aren't doing the Planetside 2 system at first, the Heroes & Generals type system they described is still decent, and with up to 100 people per match it definitely won't be a bad thing. If anything, I'm slightly relieved they're going with that type of system first; 100 players seems like it may be a clusterfuck, even more than that and I don't know how things will turn out.

Also: EC-BCYHY6QBYNBMB is an invite code for a few thousand free currency things.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to through down 500 bux for alpha access.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Sounds perfectly reasonable to through down 500 bux for alpha access.

You mean $40, right?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dvsilverwing posted:

You mean $40, right?

Which is pretty much just preordering the full game when it comes out.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rorus Raz posted:

I understand Warhammer Online was a massive failure (although you could argue that GW did itself no favors by refusing to let the game go free-to-play), but going with this lowest-bidder-and-maybe-it'll-work plan is basically throwing money away and making your IP look like poo poo.

You don't have to make your IPs into whatever genre is popular today, GW. Well, at least they're not making a 40k moba- oh wait :commissar:

The thing you have to understand about GW is that they literally don't give a single poo poo about the videogames made on their IP. I'm not even kidding. Gamers aren't hobbyists, and hobbyists are their only relevant market. Their business plan is selling miniatures to whales who poo poo out thousands of dollars at a time on an army of miniatures, nothing else. Nothing else matters. That is their niche and they plan to mine it into oblivion. Licensing for videogames is a fire and forget thing they do, they don't actually care.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Captain Oblivious posted:

The thing you have to understand about GW is that they literally don't give a single poo poo about the videogames made on their IP. I'm not even kidding. Gamers aren't hobbyists, and hobbyists are their only relevant market. Their business plan is selling miniatures to whales who poo poo out thousands of dollars at a time on an army of miniatures, nothing else. Nothing else matters. That is their niche and they plan to mine it into oblivion. Licensing for videogames is a fire and forget thing they do, they don't actually care.

They also don't even sell/care about the game the miniatures are made for. They legit believe the hobby is spending money on and painting dolls and playsets.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

Captain Oblivious posted:

Why i ended up selling all my warhammer stuff. I am a gamer I play to win games, and that didn't settle well with the hobbyists attitude of most warhammer players.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Uziduke posted:

Why i ended up selling all my warhammer stuff. I am a gamer I play to win games, and that didn't settle well with the hobbyists attitude of most warhammer players.

I still have 14,000 points in Necrons sitting in my closet.

I like the idea of playing Warhammer, I despise the people that play Warhammer though.

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

I like the idea of playing Warhammer, I despise the people that play Warhammer though.

Trust me, this is a universal thing everywhere. My LGS used to be packed full of nerds playing Warhammer, now they've all graduated high school.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Every tabletop game is like that though. People get so mad when I play with my warmachine army that's all gundam'd out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Started playing the Alpha. It's fine and fun. But there is a ton of room to improve. Which given that it's an alpha it is probably going to.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

randombattle posted:

Every tabletop game is like that though. People get so mad when I play with my warmachine army that's all gundam'd out.

I was told that warmachine was more of a competitive game and people play that to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Uziduke posted:

I was told that warmachine was more of a competitive game and people play that to win.

Eh, I think the issue is more warmachines is sold as a balanced game where each faction is competitive, and warhammer is now sold as an excuse to paint models and I guess maybe you can pose them with other people (But not in our store, and no we're not organizing any events to play) but you can still have a game attached, I guess.

• Locked thread