Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Wow the assault class is broken as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Holy poo poo the Eldar are loving broken.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Holy poo poo the loading times!

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Stanley Pain posted:

I thought this too, but now I'm under the impression they just peak early and get outclassed now that people have unlocked things for other races.

The exploits with the grav tanks have go to go though.

No, they're broke. They can ADAD spam and it's like they're sprinting. Their weapons also fire way faster than anything else, couple that with ADAD spam and you simply can't go 1v1.

And holy poo poo plasma. Nothing is more fun than being one poo poo killed from across the map.

The stun locking is :eyepop:

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 2, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

I really hate to break this to you but you may have bought a bad game...

It's bad. Refund requested.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Stanley Pain posted:

I've gotten every race to rank 4 now. I can honestly say that Eldar aren't the mega OP thing.

This isn't PS2 so ADAD spam doesn't actually accomplish anything.

I mean, you're probably wrong :/

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
The chaos goon presence must be lost in the warp. 4 days of waiting, and nobody has clicked accept. There are only 3 of you in the guild :(

In any case, I asked for a refund directly from the dev because this game is truly awful.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Have you tried a plasma cannon or a reaper launcher yet, friend? That is where the true joy of this game are had

I'm currently weathering a down vote tornado on reddit because I hate one but aoe kills from plasma cannons. Get rid of those.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
My god this game is such garbage.

Trying to defend a 3 point map against Eldar proved an effort in futility. Their grav tanks glide effortlessly over terrain, glitching into point rooms. Swooping Hawks get seemingly better jump pack mechanics than raptors/assaults, loving melee is what it is. Trying to play the game in an FPS/TPS fashion results in laughably delayed hitboxes as server side hit detection laughs in your face. Try to set up your havoc traitor with a heavy bolter to cover a door? Go ahead, enemies will sprint through your field of fire like it's a goddamn slide show, then appear behind you and tap you three times with a sword and you're dead. Try to go head to head with the 3 other people who play traitor/tactical marines? It's a crap shoot of unknowable, unpredictable netcode and outright broken OP favor given to Eldar.

I'm going to tweet for a refund every day and I hope these idiots fail for stealing $50 from me.

This is a horridly broken game that is Not Fun To Play (NFTP,) and I came from Planetside 2's release. PS 2 looks like a finely tuned machine compared to this problematic, broken farce. I've uninstalled and I have basically written off $50 to pay for an idiot at behaviour to not go hungry for a day. I guess I take solace in that as a sort of humanitarian gesture, because going hungry hurts.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 6, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I paid $50 and got 20,000 credits or whatever.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Spudalicious posted:

I dunno why everyone thinks this game is so bad. Yesterday's patch made things a lot smoother at least for me. Whereas before during heavy firefights I would shoot and wait a few seconds to see my projectile fly into where the enemy used to be, now it usually fires within at least 0.5 seconds, which is tolerable. Melee is a little less jankier on positioning resyncs but really what are you going to do about that other than incremental improvements to predictive logic or something - at a certain point there will always be a bit of repositioning going on due to latency.

Is it a good game? gently caress no, it has missing icons for half the poo poo and the balance is still a ways off when it comes to antivehicle options and such. Also sometimes the game just fucks you over, theres dozens of one-shot capable weapons, and there's still little to no in-game directions to give you a bit of a hand in figuring out what to do. So no, it's not a good game. But it's fun to play and those moments when you jump a bunch of unsuspecting dudes and chop them to bits are still great.

Lowered expectations....

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
By 'getting better' you mean it's like being stuck in a 300m hole, that is gradually filled with poo poo, so you can climb on the ever rising poo poo to eventually get out of the hole.

I thought BF 3's release was bad.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Going on a week now waiting to get into the spooky marines space guild.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Are they broken and overpowered too?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
How are they coordinated? How did in game voice chat not make it into this?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
My 'main' is chaos, and they're just as self loathing as SM. They rarely say anything in chat until we're about to lose, then it's 'gently caress this lovely team' until the timer runs out.

Ork chat is non stop awful cockney ork accents.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Why are there never any warparties? I assume warparties are like squads like in Planetside 2, or parties/pugs in traditional MMOs. There are never any in this game, at least on CSM.

Percelus posted:

^ if you are playing this lovely game for reasons other than scratching that 40k sperg itch you might be doing it wrong. if you want a decently balanced 3rd person lobby shooter than runs well, gears of war 4 just came out

Planetside 2 is literally GOTY compared to this.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Orv posted:

Go back to getting yelled out of the Planetside 2 thread.

I'll go on not caring since I un-subscribed from that dead thread the afternoon I woke up from my beer induced haze :smug:

Are you trying to import drama?

PantsOptional posted:

Warparties are literally groups that you form with others from your Steam list.

Hahah. What is the point of creating a guild? If you have to use your steam friends list, what is the point of having a guild if you can't invite members of it to a warparty? I join a guild, I can see who in the guild is online, and then what? This game is so phenomenally bad it's :psyduck: I've never heard of a game that didn't support in-game party creation. Perhaps a later patch will introduce some more basic functionality for an online shooter in 2016. Maybe in game voice comms, too. Coordinating in a shooter game with text chat is an exercise in frustration.

To try and end on a positive note, I did have the most success I've had in this game as an Ork. Specifically the slugga boy with the full auto pistol and a choppa. Their strong attack really is as fast as a light attack for anyone else which makes chaining combos easy, and the ability to spray a full 40 rounds in seconds helps quickly finish off cocky SMs who spam M2 with abandon. Trying to enjoy it before the fast strong attacks are patched out.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 12, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Melee is extremely broken.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
New thread title please

Just played a game where CSM had 11 and Orks had 21. I guess lore is spot on in this game after all. Also, meltaguns deal *zero* damage to players.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 12, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

The melta gun is extremely good against players if even two people are using them or you use the multimelta, building up huge heat and instantly disintegrating people rules.

This never happens. Before the paint starts to blister on armor you are dead.

I've never seen a multi melta in the wild.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Yea but you have to be touching the vehicle for that to happen, which insta-gibs you when the transport blows up. loving useless.

lol you can't interact with your online guildmates in any way what a loving pathetic game this is.

Whatever. I am really terrible at this game, and its terrible code makes it worse; I guess I'll be a warp priest or whatever.

e: never mind, uninstalled.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 13, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Playing as a swooping hawk and I'm seeing my guy warp around on my screen making movment difficult while looking janky as hell.

Just got stricking scorpion veteran class and equipped the burning rune - the one that makes the symbol on the hemet glow orange. The symbol doesn't go invisible....

Animations in general have a tendency of taking time to "stop" which is very frustrating. Such as when jumping out a window, you will stop and stand, then fall. Same with a lot of other animations and executions. Janky. Ugly.

Map balence is a mess.

Vehicle balence is an even bigger mess.

Plasma cannons.

I think I'll be putting this into the video game time capsule for like 6 months.

With luck it will be dead by then.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
In game chat I said 'move these trucks closer to the point' and it was ignored.

Next game i shouted 'MOVE DEM ZOGGIN TRUKKS MORE UP TO DA FOIGHT, GIT FACE!'

instant compliance.

Later, in a better mood, I asked how every one was. I hit silence. Then I asked, ' ' OWS YER CHOPPA? '

They said good thanks.

:)

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 13, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I made a flow chart to help new Ork players.

e: There is a space marine guild called 'VM' and I witnessed them steamroll my team in a matter of minutes. I can only assume they were all on mumble or something, but I can't imagine 30 guildies in comms ever losing. Why isn't there a Chaos version?

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 16, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
How can you nerf chaos? Maybe the auto cannon?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Nalin posted:

Once again, they neglected to fix any of the big problems with the game and instead resorted to introducing more bugs to play around with. Oh, and they removed how much damage melee strong/sprint/air attacks do from weapons.

They're rolling out the updates so that huge balance updates happen every ~ 2 months. Every week though, small cosmetic and quality of life updates are going to be the most common ones.

A bread crumb trail leading to fixes that address the game breaking balance issues that keep people from playing the game.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Lassitude posted:

And PC.

I'm somehow not bothered by the marine buffs though. It is kind of funny that orks in a leather vest had the same armor rating as space marines is super-advanced space armor. Asymmetrical balance is cool.

It was reported that headshot multipliers are smaller for Orks because their brains are smaller. #Realism

SMs have the plasma cannon too :confused: Did the plasma cannon get nerfed all around?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
When bolter play clicks it is rewarding. Seeing a CSM bro getting tag teamed by zero Talent Shield melee users, and I can open up with a steady stream of Boulder fire and I can help the chaos bro win :-)

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Senjuro posted:

Oh great, the most OP weapon in Space Marine is back. Can't wait to dodge AoE balls of death launched from half the map away once more.

Literally exactly how it happens.

And they one shot you, too.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

neonbregna posted:

Unless this game has sunk to 20 bucks it is not worth the price but mowing down a pile of melee using fucktards, friend and foe alike, as a dark reaper feels good.

An Eldar would never TK another Eldar. That's not canon :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
How is it a boondoggle? The massive amount of lore and backstory? The dozen factions?

• Locked thread