Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The game is still $40 on GMG:
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/warhammer-40000-eternal-crusade/

The game is pretty fun, albeit kinda janky. And it doesn't really perform well on my GTX 970, which is a shame. Lowering the graphics down reduces the render resolution and just makes things look terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Does the hotfix solve the massive framerate issues that 1.0.5 introduced? I sure love getting 15 frames/second on Agnathion.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
You can try setting these as your Steam launch options:

-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -LANPLAY

Either the 1.0.7 patch fixed my framerate problems, or those launch options fixed them.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Did they end up making the upgrade system so new players are playing basically naked against people with +50% hp, +massive armor and weapons with upgraded scopes etc.? Because that seems like a loving awful idea, unless the purpose is to kill any chance that a new player might have fun, outside the "it's spaaace mahreeens!"-factor.

It's not that bad. All the default loadouts have items from all the ranks in them, so they are fine. It took me halfway through rank 2 until I was using my custom loadouts all the time. Just spend a couple hours playing, dump all your money into the 1000 Req box, and buy up the trinkets in the advancement menu. You'll be good at that point to start customizing. And once you start unlocking "better" stuff, you'll have to make compromises. I wanted an axe and medium armor on my melee class so I had to drop my grenades. I've had to drop some health trinkets on my jetpack class to make all the things I wanted fit.

And it isn't anything as extreme as +50% HP. An Ork has 250 base HP. For 180 LP, you can add 42 extra HP on top of that. That's only, what, 17% extra HP?

lite_sleepr posted:

Holy poo poo the Eldar are loving broken.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 2, 2016

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Eldar have tiny hitboxes in a game with lots of weapon spread, they are so fast they can walk circles around you in melee range and you can't hit them, and their vehicles are stupidly powerful. At least their major bullshit weapons have been getting nerfed. Now we just need to solve the plasma cannon and meltagun issues.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Ass_Burgerer posted:

There isn't a loving way to invite people into your warparty. Not even from the guild screen. Seriously what the gently caress is the point of a guild if I can't do anything with the members other than kick them?? Good god how do they gently caress this up? :psyduck:

There is definitely something I'm missing since people are definitely making warparties and queueing up. What is it? How do I invite people?

You have to have a person on your Steam friend list to invite them to a warparty. You can't invite your guild members. Yes, it is pretty hosed up.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Heavy Barrels start showing up in the 5k box for Orks. I got a Dead Shiny Shoota and a Heavy Barrel for it from the 5k box so I'm really enjoying that atm.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Spudalicious posted:

re: eldar chat (note: this is biased because I main Eldar but I have rank2/3 in every other faction)

The new patch really fixed some of the balance issues for Eldar, and like it's been said around Tier 2-3 you start seeing the other factions weapons making huge impacts. The eldar don't really have any one shot kill ranged weapons, the space marines have a lascannon, plasma cannon, and autocannon which all seem to be able to down you from very far away. Also power fists/klaws are pretty much a lost cause to melee against, as a Striking Scorpion there's not much you can do against a fist or klaw, or really even against poweraxe+shield (unless you are 2v1). That said I still win with Eldar more than I lose so it could probably use some more tweaking.

I think the Eldar are much better after their main cheese weapons got nerfed. It isn't a COMPLETE stomping anymore, but, as an Ork, I mainly see the following issues with the Eldar (and SM):

1) It seems that all the Eldar can roll out of stun, which is a major pain in the rear end while in a melee. They are also incredibly fast which makes it very, very difficult in a melee fight as you can't make ANY mistakes. The rolling out of stun might just be a desync, though, as I've have seen some Space Marine classes be able to do it. Or maybe its a bug that affects more Eldar classes than SM classes.

2) Eldar vehicles are incredible, and the Ork anti-vehicle options are poo poo. I am incredibly envious of that siege tank. If the Eldar team have one of those on the map, and they use them effectively, GG.

3) I always seem to be one/two hit killed by Power Swords and Witchblades quite reliably. For how fast those weapons are, they sure do a massive amount of damage to me. I once had someone smack me in the face with a quick attack and do about 230 damage to me (all my shield and half my HP gone).

4) The Eldar map mobility is crazy good. They can get around so much faster than other races. They aren't as reliant on vehicles as Orks are to attack a point. Really, Orks are hosed in the vehicle game.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Bad Parenting posted:

The only things that really piss me off now are plasma 1 shots and melta dudes being able to gently caress ork vehicles in seconds, whilst ork anti vehicle is poo poo.

The biggest Ork weakness. I decided to actually TRY once and sat in a spawn truck the entire game, keeping it mobile and driving away from the Space Marines who were actually chasing me, on foot, across the entire map trying to meltagun me. I made about 800 XP/Req that game for my efforts.

Next game they would just crash their own transport into me, jump out, and meltagun while I was trying to back up. Then I stopped bothering.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Oh, hey, patch notes were released.

https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/update-1-0-10-oct-6.59225/

No fixes for the most blatantly overpowered weapons, although they did fix the poo poo that was making Eldar unkillable and allowing them to bring their tanks into the objective areas.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

lite_sleepr posted:

Are they broken and overpowered too?

Orks are incredibly deficient in tons of areas (probably one of the overall weakest in most of the game mechanics that matter), but who loving cares, you're an Ork, you have 50% more HP than a Space Marine, and your Choppa Axe strong attack is as quick as your fast attack. Get wrecked scrubs!

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Many people on the official forums have noticed that the Ork players seem to be much more coordinated, which is probably why they are doing so well even though most of the time all the Ork trukks have been meltagunned within the first 5 minutes, making attacks overall more difficult for Orks.

Probably the only situation where most competent Ork teams can't win is on a defensive mission where waaaaagh triggers. That's a death sentence most of the time.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Steps to winning the game:

1) Play Ork.
2) Unlock Choppa Axe from 1000 req box.
3) Find Space Marine spamming M2 fast attacks and D-Bash him.
4) Strong attack strong attack strong attack strong attack dead.

Repeat until a new "NERF ORKS" thread appears on the official forums.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Ah, so they aren't actually fixing any of the biggest gameplay problems with this patch. Okay.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Once again, they neglected to fix any of the big problems with the game and instead resorted to introducing more bugs to play around with. Oh, and they removed how much damage melee strong/sprint/air attacks do from weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

In as RokKrusha for the Ork Guild.

So I'm coming back to this after a long hiatus (last time I played it was just marines and CSM). Is there any point in building custom loadouts until you have a bunch of advancement stuff unlocked with the premades? Seems odd.

By the time you have reached rank 2, you should have unlocked enough AP to cover most of the stuff in the premade classes. At that point you should have unlocked a bunch of new toys from the 1000 req box to stop using the premade classes.

• Locked thread