Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Tindahbawx posted:

It'd be nice if Games Workshop stopped selling their licenses to lovely developers.

Yes. Blood Bowl 2 is okay though, and Vermintide appears to be a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

So if I wanted to buy this game on EA, or take that $40 and use it as kindling to start a fire, which is a better investment?

It's hard to say. One will feel warm and rewarding for about 3 minutes, and the other is setting money on fire.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Didn't the first version of Space Marine have weapon clashes too? Maybe I was just confused about the finishing moves at the time.

I can't find any footage of it, but I found this other thing which is fascinating in its own regard. 8:20 and out, it turns out the terrible, last boss started life as a gameplay mechanic with meters and poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppU18hUt7Ws&t=500s

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I wouldn't give these guys money before there's some substantial content that is not just repurposed Relic assets. If they can get a faction like Eldar up and running, who were not in Space Marine, then I'll believe they can deliver on their (new) promise.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

That looks pretty decent. It seems to be marine animations they're using based on the way they roll like fatties and the way they run like they're pretty heavy. It still works though.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Okay, so in the process of looking up the Eisenhorn game, I found this list and... well, GW sure license a lot of games that are not very good: http://licensing.games-workshop.com/video-games/

Anyway, here's the Eisenhorn teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3THI4eX3j1A

It's Batman, but Eisenhorn, and it looks okay? Huh. That's a surprise!

Something else stood out on the list of crappy games.

quote:

Man O’ War: Corsair.
Captain a wide variety of unique sailing vessels, explore and trade whilst combating enemy ships in frantic naval action. There are not only ship’s cannons at you disposal; you can control powerful wizards who cast deadly spells, hire sharpshooters to target enemy crew from afar, and command Griffons and other lethal flyers.
:frogon:

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 18, 2016

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Is it time to move from the mmo gettho and into games? Someone could get the wrong impression and think the failed 40K MMO streak is broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Matrim posted:

Played as Orks, got crushed 4 rounds against Eldar. Made a space marine to try the PvE, and a tyranid fell through the map. The countdown timer to kill all enemies expired and we failed the round.

This game should really look back at some things that Planetside did right - 1v1v1, spawn immunity, vehicle balance. There's a lot of important similarities that Sony figured out pretty drat well with the first Planetside, and this game would be better if they imitated it better.

It took ages for Planetside to get the 1v1v1 to a place where it wasn't a 1v2 shitshow though. Three sided fights looked okay in Dark Age of Camelot, I think, while Planetside kind of drove home how impossible it is to balance.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Sep 26, 2016

• Locked thread