Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This game is good if you're a melee class and play it like a character action game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The melee system is hard to learn but if you do it's very rewarding.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Also power attacks from behind do crazy damage.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Also if you hold down ctrl you get a straight-up Dark Souls style lockon that lets you halfcircle roll around people, I don't think the gane explains this anywhere. I also think being able to roll after stun is intended, otherwise melee fights would end at the first stun and a lot of melee unlocks just give you more rolls.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
There's not enough content right now for a f2p model to make sense, it wouldn't surprise me if they switch it if they're still alive after a few expansions.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you have a melee mod with lifesteal and the Mark of Khorne the bonuses stack and you refill half of your healthbar with one quick attack.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I dropped out of a ruined building onto a space marine with a chain axe wearing the dumb giant bat wing night lords helmet and I realized this game rules.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you parry them they'll be stunned for long enough for you to just shoot them directly in the head.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trust me, you'll all believe me when I say the melee's good when the game stops freezing for 3 seconds at a time.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

MadJackMcJack posted:

That would be awesome if it wasn't for the one-hit kill power attacks and the fact that the parry attack takes longer then the power attack to get off, especially against Eldar who can seemingly power attack as fast as they can quick attack. Combined with the rubber banding and the melee is just a great big mess.

Honestly, I'd massively prefer it if they removed the stun from the parry and made it an instant thing rather than what we have now, where you parry and then your guy gets locked into an animation while getting beat on. Hell, I'd prefer if they ditched the whole broken system, but I doubt that'll happen any time soon.

You should see the power attack windup coming and quick attack, or anticipate what your opponent is doing. If you watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and saw the recent Janken Boy episode it's the same idea, a test of mental fortitude.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I would not trust someone who spends $200 on pre-release videogames when they talk about videogames.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I dont know how or why they'd implement 1v1v1 in a lobby shooter.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
the 30k req boxes get you poo poo like unique weapons with unique stats, I saw a space marine using a named Stalker Bolter and got a mastercrafted bolter from a 12k box.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you're chaos, use the Nark of Nurgle healing because it's straight up the best in the game and will get you loads of points.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Eldar aren't OP, the only advantage they have over other races is starting with a meltagun. Also if you're frequently dying in ranged duels you should've tried meleeing them.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trust me, I'm a lovely videogame guru.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Dont look at 40k for anything resembling fair or good balance, especially considering one is a tabletop game and the other is a videogame

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Xae posted:

Someone tell me what the hell the point of CSM Assault class is. It is like a Sorcerer with out spells.

To use the mark of khorne and they can get heavier armor than sorcerers because sorcs are forced to take a spell.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
They also get more +HP and +Armor items and access to more melee weapons.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This game is like the beta to multiplayer space marine.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It's GO0N with a zero as the second O

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I think a gun having a chance of randomly killing you in a videogame is a horrid idea.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Do you genuinely think that's a good idea? No trolling?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I don't think the game's that bad.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I don't think the game is too bad but I also only spent $30 on it, if I paid the post-release price I'd be pissed.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Chaos and Eldar get TF2 style healing and Chaos even gets an channeled AoE heal which means it's a bad design decision.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Playing as chaos everyone seems to have a fun time making jokes and being to to each other.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

lite_sleepr posted:

My 'main' is chaos, and they're just as self loathing as SM. They rarely say anything in chat until we're about to lose, then it's 'gently caress this lovely team' until the timer runs out.

Ork chat is non stop awful cockney ork accents.

I'm saying gently caress this lovely team from the start when I play and it seems to lighten the mood.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm going to assume you missed because even a full bolt pistol mag can kill someone.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The melta gun is extremely good against players if even two people are using them or you use the multimelta, building up huge heat and instantly disintegrating people rules.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

lite_sleepr posted:

This never happens. Before the paint starts to blister on armor you are dead.

I've never seen a multi melta in the wild.

The multi-melta builds up enough heat to kill people and vehicles in one firing cycle making it extremely hosed up to use on transports.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

lite_sleepr posted:

Yea but you have to be touching the vehicle for that to happen, which insta-gibs you when the transport blows up. loving useless.

You don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

lite_sleepr posted:

In game chat I said 'move these trucks closer to the point' and it was ignored.

Next game i shouted 'MOVE DEM ZOGGIN TRUKKS MORE UP TO DA FOIGHT, GIT FACE!'

instant compliance.

Later, in a better mood, I asked how every one was. I hit silence. Then I asked, ' ' OWS YER CHOPPA? '

They said good thanks.

:)

Dude Chaos is the same way, you just have to call them motherfuckers and talk about how much they like eating rear end.

• Locked thread