Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
I thought this game was dead for sure actually, that video made me think it's maybe a chance it'll come out. Just barely...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Orv posted:

The screaming that would occur if a CSM/SM player died to a lasgun would eclipse the sun, so if for nothing else I'd like to see it happen.

Read this as someone who hasn't played this yet or watched much but figures it's warhammer 40k planetside:

Unfortunately for table top space wizard spergs, this is an FPS type game and the #1 priority is to be fun. In order to be fun you can't have crazy imbalances between the races/factions and therefore if they even implemented Imperial Guards as playable class they would have to have comparable damage to Space Marines/Chaos Space Marines or have some type of paper/rock/scissors approach(read: harder to balance).

Obviously they can do the ghetto approach and just cause Lasguns to shoot 3x faster than SM's at 1/3rd of the damage.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Those helmets would certainly put a lot of strain on eldar necks.. This is another case of Un-intelligent design.

:)

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
so this is like a really really lovely planetside warhammer 40k?

I've been hoping for a game like that except this looks like crazy garbage..

• Locked thread