Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I was waiting for someone to remake this thread since the last OP up and disappeared.

The alpha gameplay doesn't look that bad so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is this thread going to get a proper OP considering a few goons have already stated the potential is there?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

You're joking, right?

No, I'm not repeating that tired rear end space court joke you and your friends seem to think is so hilarious.

While this is probably going to fall short of being Planet Side 40k, just about everyone I know who has played the alpha said there is a lot of potential there.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

Man, you try way too hard.

Eternal Crusade isn't going to amount to poo poo. It's changed design visions a half dozen times, each one to justify a smaller game as money and interest dries up.

Bottom line is if this game comes out, it's going to be a super awkward UT4K clone, a lovely social map for Space Marine multiplayer, or just a laughably bad isometric shooter.

Also Planetside is one word.

Somebody got fuckin' mad.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tindahbawx posted:

It'd be nice if Games Workshop stopped selling their licenses to lovely developers.

Those are the only ones they can push around.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
New video got put out. Not much but looks neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf2DZ8fNehg

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
EC-MUAUSF6KATVP7 is my ref code if any of you are gonna get this.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It also doesn't help that every major clan in the game / people who've been playing this since it was playable poop socks Space Marines.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

Well, that's a thing. We'll see how it goes I guess, I'm betting no-one is going home much for the next month.

That's what they pay them the (not so) big bucks for.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

why did the gently caress did the email end with this?

Gotta show that he's a grognard like all of you.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

:catbert: my fingers and knees arent blurred penismeister.

They are in the warp.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I had this gifted to me awhile ago and haven't played it in months. Is it worth reinstalling now or no?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I unno if its just me, but the game feels super twitchy with like zero time to kill. I don't like the melee system much either. :shrug:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I like the 180 this thread has made from writing the game completely off to "zomg its really fun!"

Schadenfreude central up in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

So are RTC coins or whatever only purchasable with real money?

If so, that is some real bullshit.

Rogue Trader coins are their premium currency, yes. I have no idea if there's a way to earn them in-game.

• Locked thread