Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Zaodai posted:

I still have some hope that Deathwing will be good, or at least playable. I haven't kept up with its progress though. And on the Fantasy side, Total Warhammer should be out in a few months.

Isn't Deathwing made by the crazy fuckers that did EYE? It's confirmed GOAT if I'm remembering correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Yesterday I set up my friend's new PC and I got to try this out, it was the new fortress map and it seems really nice. I'll be buying this when some of the PVE stuff comes out and they can prove that they're capable of more than ripping assets from the THQ game.

I like what I played though. My friend was telling me about the F2P Orks and that's going to be loving awesome.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

PantsOptional posted:

It's $25 if you don't mind using a sketchy key dealer and probably having your identity stolen.

I try not to use G2A but the key sites don't really have Eternal Crusade. I guess I don't mind G2A when dealing with a high rated user. Minimizes the risk that it's a 8 year old from China with a stolen credit card.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Orv posted:

Eldar are on the test server.

They'll probably be there a while.

I'll buy this at the first sign of them actually being able to create their own decent content. Does it look that way?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Just got it for $16. Heard Eldar is super under powered though.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Sazabi posted:

Orks are still a ways off aren't they? Seeing as elder are still a new addition with lots of balance work ahead.

Well apparently they're launching it this summer.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
It's worth a buy if you get a $15 key like I did. You can have some good fun with a group of people.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Zaodai posted:

I know every time I stop in for a game, there's some super spergy jerkoff, usually with an English accent, telling us all what terrible worthless retards we are, and how we wouldn't survive a ~*real war*~ and that we should kill ourselves. More than half the time, it's a circle jerk of said spergs poo poo talking their entire team the ENTIRE loving fight over voice chat.

I don't know how that's possible. ARMA 3 is at the top of your Steam library and Warhammer is near the bottom.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Did they ever make Eldar not suck a bag of dicks?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

BurtLington posted:

Anyone else feel this game would be 10x better if players didn't die so easily? Like give everyone double the health they have now so there are actual melee fights that last longer than 3 seconds.

TTK matters

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Exmond posted:

Haaaaahahahaahahahhaahh. No, this game will not be the WoW Killer. There will be no WoW killer.

Have you seen the FFXIV census data? Apparently the game referred to as the "WoW killer" only has 550,000 active subscribers. Not saying that's bad, but people are really blowing its popularity out of proportion.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

lovely Wizard posted:

The "we got a year of major content update themed expansions planned for the next year" plan seemed reasonable, but 10 years seems like mega wishful thinking. 10 years of meaningful content updates is stuff only mega popular stuff like WoW/Dota (through dota 1 and 2)/TF2 (9 years with 2 years of mega half-assing)/Everquest have managed.

I'll start worrying more about the game we got once the content updates start slowing down since the last 6 months have been pretty good. If it starts going 2014 TF2 where the only updates are for localization strings and minor bug fixes right after launch I'll start getting pissed, but they've been pretty honest after they fired the old head guy promising the 2014 release/mmo/free to waaagh/other stuff.

If anyone reading this doesn't have the game, just keep an eye on youtube/twitch videos to see if the game is in a state you'd be okay with paying money.

The problem with games like this aren't true representations of what you're getting unless you're watching raw footage. People are uploading their highlights on super high end rigs. As stated earlier in this thread, there are super cool moments, but 90% of the time you're chasing those moments which are few and far between due to bad players, bad performance, crashes, and poor gameplay mechanics.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Do they have customisation outside of the Space Marine stuff they showed on stream?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Orabilis posted:

If I bought the Warrior Pack over a year ago can I still get a refund?

The game would of been improved by giving people copies of Space Marine instead.

The only chance you have of getting a refund is under the "it was supposed to be an MMO but they turned it into a lobby shooter".

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Maybe - hear me out - the warhammer 40k IP just isn't what it used to be after all these years of mismanagement by GW.

Deathwing is going to make Warhammer 40k great again.
http://store.steampowered.com

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

It's made by Cyanide, let's not get excited now.

It's being developed by the studio behind E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy (one of my five favorite games released in the last 10 years) so I'm cautiously optimistic. They've said that if this does well, we'll get an EYE sequel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECEz3a4GErE

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Sazabi posted:

I am also looking forward to vermintide in space. But the lack of gameplay videos so far makes my battle brothers testicles a bit nervous.

That said Eternal Crusade has been putting a lot into updating and adding content over the past months. If they put in the same effort post launch and focus on balance and gameplay, maybe we'll finally have that space marine sequel but with dedicated servers.

But will that really help Eternal Crusade at all? I can see that benefiting the console releases but when a PC game dies, it's loving dead. Free weekends and sales and humble bundles can revive them but unless they pull out some magical patch that they've been hiding from everybody for the past couple months, I can't even see even the 40K fans sticking around.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Deathwing is EYE with a Warhammer 40K skin and less clunk. Surprised no one here has played it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIgjGUMI4mg

Here's a decent text review I found on Steam

quote:

Many people buy this game thinking they're buying a System Shock or a Deus Ex. Maybe a Borderlands or a STALKER. This is an incorrect assumption to make. It's true that EYE features many RPG elements. It has dialogue, branching paths, levels, inventory management, stores and side-missions. But this is all plays second fiddle to what EYE is really aiming for. It's not a Deus Ex as much as it is a Serious Sam. It's not a Borderlands as much as it is a Painkiller. I really cannot emphasise this enough, it's my belief that the majority of the complaints directed towards EYE stem from a false presupposition of what this game is trying to be. That is not the players fault though, because EYE doesn't exactly make these things clear.

EYE is a mess.

Unless you are a Dwarf Fortress player, EYE is likely to be the biggest, messiest game you are ever likely to see. Right off the bat it gives you a character creation screen which makes absolutely no sense to anyone beginning the game without first googling what in the hell you are looking at. The dialogue is either intentionally vague, bizarre and most of the time incomprehensible. You will be thrown into a world which appears to have some sort of lore and backstory but you'll be lucky if you ever understand a tenth of what is going on. When the game presents you with the tutorial level, many aspects of that tutorial will need tutorials themselves, and you will be confronted with a library of tutorial videos on how certain game mechanics work. Your body can be hacked and destroyed by doors and ATMs. Sometimes huge monsters will appear in the level and fire rockets in directions you didn't even know existed and you have to kill it. Sometimes you'll be tasked to kill a high ranking enemy and he will zip about the game shooting and cloaking tanking hits like nothing else. This game is primarily single-player, but you can have 64-player coop. You can buy spells and augmentations and guns and big hammers all with a currency called Brozouf which you seem to endlessly gain in areas where you are doing something for some reason for someone. EYE is a deranged and twisted mess of Syndicate, Neuromancer, Warhammer 40k and the entire personal drug stash of Hunter S. Thompson. And you know what? It's amazing.

There is no messing around with regenerating health, cover or killcams. You can go in fast and furious or heavy like robocop. The guns feel like they should. There is real impact when you shoot something. Enemies will go flying across the screen. You can teleport into people and laugh as they explode. You can hit people in the face with giant hammers and watch as they bounce off the walls. You can hack people. You can force push four-armed creatures into radioactive goo. You can block bullets with swords. This game can be anything you want, but above all it is satisfying.

If you get this game, it's imperative that you know what you getting into. If you want a cyberpunk dystopia with thought provoking dialogue and choices that mean something, I don't advise you to get this game. If you want a crazy FPS that is a completely unapologetic mess that explains nothing but offers everything then I would strongly recommend this game.

tl;dr - If someone that never had a single human interaction were to make a totally awesome game, EYE Divine Cybermancy would be the end result. Get it when it goes on sale for 75 cents again.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Was playing this last night, huge performance boost on my system and they implemented guilds too. Would be playing it right now if I knew whether or not they'd be wiping again.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

lovely Wizard posted:

Noah (game designer for uninformed ) mentioned a potential "give everyone everything to gently caress around with period" next week, and Nathan (senior producer for aforementioned uninformed ) said they were going try to do a head start but with no promises.

That'd be cool because I'm curious about that unlockable class at the top of the Eldar progression tree.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Orv posted:

This comes out tomorrow. Despite everything, it has ended up a perfectly okay third person lobby shooter with a very solid Warhammer skin. Is that worth you $60? You know the drill, watch some insufferable child stream it for a couple hours and do some research, but even as someone who has enjoyed it and will continue to play it, I'd probably put in more in the $35-40 range right now.

Wait, are you joking with the $60 price tag?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
RIP game

If you want it, get it here though I don't think it'll survive @ $50.
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/warhammer-40000-eternal-crusade-pc-steam-cd-key

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
It's officially out of early access 2,160 people in game right now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/375230/

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So game is good? Fifty bucks is a pretty heavy price, good reviews and 40k or not.

$32? Sure. $50? I wouldn't pay that.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

neonbregna posted:

Is there a discord for this?

I'll make a channel for it but it's up to you guys whether you use it or not.
https://discord.gg/rCY35YZ

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

PantsOptional posted:

Aren't veteran classes just regular classes with more LP, anyway?

Yeah, I think they have double.

Also, I created a guild. You can search for it and join it and use it as a roster to join your friends.
GoonSquad
[GOON]

Would have come up with a better name but they don't allow spaces in a guild name. What the gently caress?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Eldar are cool and I love farming rhinos as a fire dragon. 30 bucks so far seems like a fair price

I've been having loads of fun with Scorpion. Also, don't spend your Crusadebux on weapons, get the supply drops. You don't get duplicates and you can get pretty much everything except cosmetics with in game currency.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Lassitude posted:

Are guilds faction-specific or something?

Don't know, I am Eldar.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
This guild system is retarded. It's per faction, you can not have the same name across factions and there's no spaces in names. Only 4 letter tags, and they're unique as well.

There is absolutely no reason why these guilds can't be cross faction considering the only function they have is creating a roster.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 24, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

SirBuddha posted:

So GoonSquad is now an Eldar Guild ><

I made a guild per faction. It's not ideal, but it'll do.

Eldar - GoonSquad [GOON]
Space Marines - GoonsOfImperium [G0ON]
Chaos Marines - FuckGoons [GO0N]
Ork - SquadOfGoons [G00N]

Join those and use it as a roster I guess. I'll hop on every day and approve/promote people so I'm not stuck running this poo poo.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 24, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

MadJackMcJack posted:

Should've named it The Goon Tide :colbert:

Didn't even think of that. Done. Smashteef you're gonna have to reapply to the new one.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

BurtLington posted:

There's currently a spergy space marine clan called PG who are literally making GBS threads on everyone every game by pub stomping with about 30 of them. I usually just quit out of the match if I see them because a bunch of disorganized pubbies vs a clan who are all on teamspeak isnt fun at all.

This happened to me last night. I said gently caress it for the night and joined the following day, they were still going.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

neonbregna posted:

Also the screen shake is bad how do I turn it off

I don't think you can. Happens when a vehicle gets stuck in the terrain. Source Engine used to do that in Garry's Mod where you'd get a prop stuck in the map geometry.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Sormus posted:

Are there Goon guilds or something?

Eldar - GoonSquad [GOON]
Space Marines - GoonsOfImperium [G0ON]
Chaos Marines - FuckGoons [GO0N]
Ork - TheGoonTide[G00N]

Vast majority are going to Eldar I guess.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I really hope this game doesn't die. I'm having a lot of fun with Eldar now.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Blacktoll posted:

One hundred percent this. The game touts itself as some sort of persistent world but it's a lobby shooter. Until it has a real overland map, it needs to shut up about persistent universe stuff.

At least they're not calling the game a MMO anymore like that lobby shooter with a persistent campaign map Heroes and Generals. Steam doesn't give a gently caress even with the banner saying MMOFPS in big letters on the banner.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Check cdkeys

The ork sprint is perfect because I always crack the gently caress up watching it, as Gork intended

Whats the best way to use plasma guns as SM? Should I be overcharging for the big blast, or rapid firing? I cant seem to figure whats better when

It's $35 on cdkeys right now, the price goes up after release and slowly back down. I got Stellaris from them for $25 and to this day it hasn't dropped below $40 after release.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I'm no 40K expert but aren't the races supposed to be unbalanced in combat to a certain extent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

neonbregna posted:

Hoping to confirm that death wing is bad also

Sorry to disappoint but it's Republic Commando meets Left 4 Dead and E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy when it works

• Locked thread