Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Eonwe posted:

Hi friends

Hi Eonwe! BTW love your drunk break dancing elephant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Babe Magnet posted:

like three other people have that avatar, what is it about

You talking about mine or the Eonwe's? Cause mine I got for free when I signed up. The elephant I'm pretty sure is either a Disney channel thing or from that one sports ball team.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Loose Ifer posted:

This game is probably going to suck huh?

Probably yes, however I and I feel like at least a few others would be satisfied with a simple space marine multi-player knock off with dedicated servers. Anything more (vehicles, other races, more guns chapters and pretty stuff to bling out on) is just icing on our meager store brand cake.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Verbose posted:

Looks like the MOBA is donezo

https://www.darknexusarena.com/

I tried it a few weeks ago, game seemed aggressively bad in almost every way except controls which were acceptable.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

neonbregna posted:

There is only one flavor. The flavor of autism.

You can have math autism for damage and armor calculations. Or lore autism for meaningless character back stories and universe BS that tries to explain why wolves and golems burst into gold coins. And even artistic autism for those talented people who can draw cartoons lezing out with lady animals. Or write a short story about God I don't even want to know.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
No, that was dark millennium. This is the one where they went from 40k meets planetside with even more cool concepts. To "turns out we need money and talent to make a game, so who wants to be a founder for only $300, you'll even get this neat bolter and a special wave emote". Currently it's a shittier Space Marine multiplayer that's slowly improving.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Did they ever say we could play dress up like in space marine? Or was that just wishful thinking on our part.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Orks are still a ways off aren't they? Seeing as elder are still a new addition with lots of balance work ahead.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Maybe it will be like battle fleet Gothic and the orks will be several weeks(or months) after launch. Either way I'm at least gonna pick this up soon and hope to get a group of goons big enough to get stuck in with.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Just bit the las bolt, anyone got a referral code they want me to use?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

WebDO posted:

EC-NW9LD8X6TRSVR

Should work i think

Thanks for the code.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Nope, I am invested in this game.steam won't give me a refund The melee is a little deeper than space marine and if giant bomb or someone does a video on it in the future I might get to see what a full game looks like.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
My terrible financial decisions are being validated. YAY!

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Balance four races, each with multiple unique classes is hard. Add in a variety of weapons blocked by paywall and exp, then you have one tall order to fill. Most games fail half of that and get abandoned by the community before they can fix it, but if nothing else the game is fun on occasion, so who knows. And they have been consistent with patches. What I'm getting at is could this be the actual WoW killer? Only time and common sense will tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
I am also looking forward to vermintide in space. But the lack of gameplay videos so far makes my battle brothers testicles a bit nervous.

That said Eternal Crusade has been putting a lot into updating and adding content over the past months. If they put in the same effort post launch and focus on balance and gameplay, maybe we'll finally have that space marine sequel but with dedicated servers.

• Locked thread