Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Ugh buy in to test my game, no thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Pierson posted:

Games Workshop are practically schizophrenic with their license. Some amazing poo poo like Dawn of War, and the new Total War game is looking really promising. But for every one of those there are like three or four hail-mary passes by random dev teams in the weirdest genres.

I have high hopes for Warhammmer Total War, but making a MMO about war just doesn't work for the most part. You are a soldier in the army, you don't go wondering off solo doing quest.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

On page 3 right now there is a closed post on this game.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Periodiko posted:

I always thought that was the way to do it, make the player an Inquisitor and let him build a retinue.

Now a Inquisitor based MMO would work, its small scale and a lot of RP room. Also Necromunda would be a fun MMO, you would have guilds/gangs and do instanced battle grounds where you would get exp and coin to upgrade your gear.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

I want a GW2 Style Story telling 40K mmo.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Captain Oblivious posted:

The thing you have to understand about GW is that they literally don't give a single poo poo about the videogames made on their IP. I'm not even kidding. Gamers aren't hobbyists, and hobbyists are their only relevant market. Their business plan is selling miniatures to whales who poo poo out thousands of dollars at a time on an army of miniatures, nothing else. Nothing else matters. That is their niche and they plan to mine it into oblivion. Licensing for videogames is a fire and forget thing they do, they don't actually care.

Why i ended up selling all my warhammer stuff. I am a gamer I play to win games, and that didn't settle well with the hobbyists attitude of most warhammer players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

randombattle posted:

Every tabletop game is like that though. People get so mad when I play with my warmachine army that's all gundam'd out.

I was told that warmachine was more of a competitive game and people play that to win.

• Locked thread