Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I plunged for the super nerd level because I am a bad. Initial impression is that the game is promising but has some serious flaws with respect to controls, identifying enemies, and TTK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kimsemus posted:

What does the TTK compare to against other titles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqRKL5Ge5Mk

Maybe Quake? It doesn't feel like you're a Space Marine.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

randombattle posted:

Every other game I've seen with chaos in just called them chaos marines.

It's what type of Chaos Marine. I would just call them Warriors, since that's what they're called in the TTG.

Space Marines
Tactical
Assault
Devastator
Apothecary

Chaos Space Marines
Warrior
Havok
Raptor
Sorcerer

Boom. Done.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cowstomper posted:

Maybe GW just thinks chess is really scary.

Well it's a consistent set of rules that's trivial to pick up, nearly impossible to master, readily translates to a tournament setting, and does not require the frequent purchase of new models to keep up with an ever-changing meta.

Of course it terrifies Games Workshop.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I bought the EC Founder's Pack because I'm a huge 40K sperg. I guess I should try it out now. Do you guys prefer MKB or gamepad for controls?

• Locked thread