Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowstomper
Oct 16, 2005

Zaodai posted:

Right now customization isn't really in. You make a character in a faction. Within the faction, you pick a sub-faction (in this case a chapter/legion). That combined with your class (Tactical, Assault, etc) determine what your guy looks like.

Loyalist side you can play as Ultramarines, Blood Angels and I think Dark Angels. Space Wolves aren't in yet, and currently the choice is purely cosmetic as far as I am aware.
Traitors I can't remember. I want to say Black Legion, Word Bearers and someone else? They have a 4th that isn't unlocked yet too.

The Chaos Marine chapters are Black Legion, Word Bearers, Night Lords, and the unimplemented Iron Warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowstomper
Oct 16, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

Do they keep the iconic look of the chapters, or is it just color scheme? For instance, do Iron Warriors have the 30k facemasks? Do Ultramarines have laurels, etc?

It's just color scheme at the moment, unfortunately.

Cowstomper
Oct 16, 2005

Archonex posted:

The best part is that the game wasn't released with Chaos, Necrons, or anything else that typically drives men insane in that setting. Instead it has the usual Orks vs Space Marines duking it out. Which is utterly hilarious.

The trailer has absolutely nothing to do with the game as it stood at release and currently stands. It's part of why i'm pretty certain that Hammerfall Studios got redirected by GW to make a chess game instead of a survival horror game at some point.

Maybe GW just thinks chess is really scary.

Cowstomper
Oct 16, 2005

BurtLington posted:

So I live in Montreal and have been talking to the devs in discord, I might be getting invited to go into their office to visit. Any questions you guys want me to ask?

Ask them if they are ever going to put in the Shokk Attack gun for the Orks.

Cowstomper
Oct 16, 2005

BurtLington posted:

:captainpop:

At least space marines get good anti vehicle weapons, unlike orks.

But yeah this game makes me rage hard when I try playing. It's a shame because it has some awesome moments, they're just pretty rare.

Yeah, I can only handle a few rounds at a time before I get too pissed off. Tonight, one round was a hair thin win and two round of orks not even being able to start capturing the first point due to the sheer volume of plasma cannons and power sword/thunder shields.

Cowstomper
Oct 16, 2005

The best thing about playing as an ork is that teamkills are true to canon. So go ahead and toss that sticky stikbomm onto the back of that slugga that's charging into a group of marines!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowstomper
Oct 16, 2005

Next patch may have a melta/fusion gun nerf, so orks might actually be able to keep a vehicle around more than ten seconds after it comes out.

• Locked thread