Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

always ask for a mil discount tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Has anyone figured out how to dye goretex yet? I'd love to make my stupid APECS black or at least dark enough to be unrecognizable. Might dye the fleece too, that thing IS awesome.

V Mine is the Air Force's stupid light green. I'll probably dye it dark green.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 11, 2015

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Godholio posted:

Has anyone figured out how to dye goretex yet? I'd love to make my stupid APECS black or at least dark enough to be unrecognizable. Might dye the fleece too, that thing IS awesome.

the old black fleece owned so hard, the new one with spots for rank/nametapes is pretty okay

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

MA-Horus posted:

was flying down to san francisco from toronto, was supposed to be on air canada but got code-shared with united instead.

Had a bunch of presents for US relatives so I had my old CF duffel bag and she goes to charge me for it but then asks "are you military", I say yes and she says, no poo poo "thank you for your service, we'll waive the charge today"

only time that's ever worked.

Showing mil ID as your ID to check in almost universally gets you free bags on US airlines, you don't even have to ask or make a big fuss, just show the ID and they'll waive the fees.

Never tried it with a VA or retired ID or Canuckistan ID though

Godholio posted:

V Mine is the Air Force's stupid light green. I'll probably dye it dark green.

Should've deployed to Afghanistan post AF deciding that multicam was the way to go, coyote brown fleece all around. By far the best and most often used piece of issued gear that I have. Not as good as black but by far better than stupid Sage colored anything.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

iyaayas01 posted:

Showing mil ID as your ID to check in almost universally gets you free bags on US airlines, you don't even have to ask or make a big fuss, just show the ID and they'll waive the fees.

works with civ service cac-id most of the time, too

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

krispykremessuck posted:

works with civ service cac-id most of the time, too

you valor stealing sonofabitch

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

DownByTheWooter posted:

lol

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i should dig out my dd214 and get a ~vet id~ for those sweet freebies

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If you're enrolled with the VA all you need is 2 forms of ID.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

How do I get VET ID? I want to wear it on a badge holder, so everyone can feel obligated to thank me for my service. :patriot:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

DownByTheWooter posted:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Godholio posted:

If you're enrolled with the VA all you need is 2 forms of ID.

i am not

edit : lmbo

ded fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Sep 12, 2015

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ded posted:

i should dig out my dd214 and get a ~vet id~ for those sweet freebies

I've got the VA card too but in a weird twist of fate the cac-id is more effective at getting mil discounts than a veteran id

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

krispykremessuck posted:

I've got the VA card too but in a weird twist of fate the cac-id is more effective at getting mil discounts than a veteran id

expired?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Zeris posted:

expired?

my AD cac is expired but it's laying at the bottom of a filing cabinet somewhere. my current cac says civilian because now I'm filthy civil service, but I don't think anyone looks that closely

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006
The I am no longer in but want all the god drat benefits as an e-3 ID rules them all

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

krispykremessuck posted:

my AD cac is expired but it's laying at the bottom of a filing cabinet somewhere. my current cac says civilian because now I'm filthy civil service, but I don't think anyone looks that closely

I was annoyed they made me get a new CAC that expired on my ETS as part of clearing. I wanted some free airline checked bags for a year or two. oh well. I have mine laying around too but the photo obviously doesn't match up any more.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

iyaayas01 posted:

If you don't enter your mil ID # as your Known Traveler # when you're booking a flight online, you're an idiot. TSA pre-check is the greatest thing to happen to air travel since hot stewardesses. Total time from entering the terminal to passing security was under a minute for me at Boston-Logan last Sunday. Didn't even have to take my shoes off.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
A couple weeks ago I was in line behind a guy who was wearing a shirt that had a definition of veteran on the back. Each arm had a tattoo of a combat scene with the american flag, his belt said veteran all the way around it, and his backwards hat said he was a vet. I was really tempted to follow him to his car and see how many bumper stickers he had about it.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
rah

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i should start some gay rear end veteran's clothing line or whatever the gently caress and see how much money i can scam out of bitch idiots who can't let go of their time being raped by the green weenie, people that want to show every loving person looking at them how proud they were to sit in a tent with AC and have their privates get chow from them to defend freedom or something.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Mike-o posted:

i should start some gay rear end veteran's clothing line or whatever the gently caress and see how much money i can scam out of bitch idiots who can't let go of their time being raped by the green weenie, people that want to show every loving person looking at them how proud they were to sit in a tent with AC and have their privates get chow from them to defend freedom or something.

CHOW DAWGS: Serving those who serve
CHOW DAWGS: Who's hungry? FOR FREEDOM
CHOW DAWGS: Have a heaping helping of AMERICAN FREEDOM!
CHOW DAWGS: Pie a la Murica

Please tell me Marine cooks call themselves chow dawgs.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Mad Dragon posted:

CHOW DAWGS: Serving those who serve
CHOW DAWGS: Who's hungry? FOR FREEDOM
CHOW DAWGS: Have a heaping helping of AMERICAN FREEDOM!
CHOW DAWGS: Pie a la Murica

Please tell me Marine cooks call themselves chow dawgs.

I don't understand why the army or marines even have cooks
In Iraq all I saw cooking was Nepalis and on my fob in Afghanistan they were all from fuckin Macedonia

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The admiral in my building has a cook.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the best vet shirt would be :

I'm a vet. gently caress you.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ded posted:

the best vet shirt would be :

I'm a vet. gently caress you.

smdftb

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Godholio posted:

The admiral in my building has a cook.

The admiral I worked for had like 10. I guess to follow on from my last post, all the cooks I saw in the navy were filipino, just they happened to be enlisted.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

The Sheriff Jake posted:

The I am no longer in but want all the god drat benefits as an e-3 ID rules them all

My blue ID is my most cherished possesion. Second is my custom MO vet plates: 6FYGM9

It's one of the better trolls I've ever done, because I'm positive SOME of the vets out there get it, but it's even better that most don't. It actually looks like a regular looking licence plate.

Also:

Rules.

And now I want SMDFTB as a custom liscense plate. That's so much better than 6FYGM9 now that I see it.

:ohdear:

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

DownByTheWooter posted:

I don't understand why the army or marines even have cooks
In Iraq all I saw cooking was Nepalis and on my fob in Afghanistan they were all from fuckin Macedonia

This may come as a surprise but not everyone in Afghanistan was deployed to a major fob

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

My blue ID is my most cherished possesion. Second is my custom MO vet plates: 6FYGM9

It's one of the better trolls I've ever done, because I'm positive SOME of the vets out there get it, but it's even better that most don't. It actually looks like a regular looking licence plate.

Also:

Rules.

And now I want SMDFTB as a custom liscense plate. That's so much better than 6FYGM9 now that I see it.

:ohdear:

:unsmigghh:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Jarmak posted:

This may come as a surprise but not everyone in Afghanistan was deployed to a major fob

hosed up if true

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

My brother just ordered the AZ counterpart

DownByTheWooter posted:

hosed up if true

Yeah, some of us were on boats

in the Indian Ocean

for 6 weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I ate food from an army cook for my entire first deployment.

I wonder how long you have to go to AIT to boil water, drop a bag of food in it, then sleep for 18 hours

• Locked thread