Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

Posting so we remember to revisit the "guys that are out but not declared out, able leave them on IR or not thru Thursday games" ruling we should probably make this off-season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Related: guys on bye weeks that are out.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Who the rear end are you

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

zauper's family

once a Who?er, forever a Who?er

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Leperflesh posted:

Things we gotta fix for next year:
  1. Teemu's gripes about division tiebreakers for playoffs etc.
  2. Formalize a rule for rebalancing the divisions on a regular cadence, like every 2 years or something
  3. IR violation; when exactly is an owner required to get a player off IR who stops being eligible. The rules right now are all about penalties for abusing IR to avoid busting cap but when cap isn't an issue they're silent. Can you float a guy through TNF if you're not starting anyone? Can you just leave your last week's starters in? etc.
  4. cleanup the taxi squad rules, they're OK as they're operating now but they're confusing to read & understand
  5. Someone suggested a trade deadline should be considered

anything else?

A contingency plan for the lottery if a bottom 4 PF team makes and loses the WC

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Hamlin rule for cancelled games.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

picks!

chefs won the league, mclean got second somehow, pain train third, first down spermy fourth

week 14 Points For excluding chefs mclean pain and first down. Brick: 2246.44, whalers 2070.22, concordes 1886.86, balls 2294.68, unstable 2077.89, homie 2254.56, wood 2017.80, lego 2048.67

sorted, bottom four are concordes, wood, lego, whalers
picks are rolled on Orokos using the "ipaidwhatforwho" campaign, audit the dice rolls here: https://orokos.com/roll/c-ipaidwhatforwho

Picks 1 to 4
1st overall pick: 1=Concordes, 2=Wood, 3=LEGO, 4=Whalers: 1d4 3
LEGO gets first overall
2ndl pick: 1=Concordes, 2=Wood, 3==Whalers: 1d3 1
Concordes (or rather, the owner of their pick) gets 2nd

2ndl pick: 1=Wood, 2=Whalers: 1d2 2
Whalers gets 3rd
Chopping Wood gets 4th

Picks 5 to 8 are between unstable, brick, homie, balls
next 4 picks: 1=unstable, 2=brick, 3=homie, 4=balls: 1d4 2
Brick gets 5th

next 4 picks: 1=unstable, 2=homie, 3=balls: 1d3 1
Unstable gets 6th

next 4 picks: 1=homie, 2=balls: 1d2 1
Homie gets 7th
Balls gets 8th

9th is 4th place in the league, First Down Syndrome
10th is 3rd place in the league, Pain Train
11th is 2nd place in the league, Team McLean
and 12th is the winner of 2022, Grid Iron Chefs!

The winner of the consolation bracket was Lego Maniacs, who gets bonus pick 2.13

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Woo!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

Also... do we even use this thread really any more, or is everyone on Slack now?

i'm thrilled to see that this thread and league still exist fwiw :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi Bloody!

Yup we're still chugging along. We do almost everything in the slack channel now but I like to use this thread for "official posts" that will get saved etc.

As an alum you'd be welcome on the slack, Zauper still hangs out with us too

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Hi Bloody!

Yup we're still chugging along. We do almost everything in the slack channel now but I like to use this thread for "official posts" that will get saved etc.

As an alum you'd be welcome on the slack, Zauper still hangs out with us too

Hi!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Bloody posted:

i'm thrilled to see that this thread and league still exist fwiw :)

Here’s what your roster currently looks like if interested.

https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/options?L=79286&F=0011&O=07

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol so basically, zach ertz, everyone else is 2019+.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
:frogsiren: I'm stealing a player :frogsiren:
I'm attempting to steal Puka Nacua WR LAR from Chopping Wood, this is a 7th round pick.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

VietCampo posted:

:frogsiren: I'm stealing a player :frogsiren:
I'm attempting to steal Puka Nacua WR LAR from Chopping Wood, this is a 7th round pick.

I have no qualms about starting him this week.

Rejected!!!! Oooooooooo

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
STRAIGHT BASS HOMIE is attempting a taxi steal of TE Luke Musgrave (2nd RD pick) from Team McLean

e: gonna send this email as soon as i find everyone's email addresses

e2: sent

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 27, 2023

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Things for next year, 2024 calendar year.

Divisional Tiebreakers
Something with the TE slot? WR/TE? A straight flex? Seems to be an issue everyone who doesn't own Kelce wants fixed.
$0 waiver pickups

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
There was something about IR guys not coming off of IR in a timely manner. Slack search 10-12-2023 . Jeff Wilson. Wilson wasn't off of IR, just designated to return. Teams have 21 days to take off of IR.

Seems to be smoke, but everyone wants more IR slots or ability to use IR more. Goes back to what we approved this year with Doubtful on IR but no moves allowed during week.

Could expand this rule if needed. someone check this in like June 2024 if we give a poo poo.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Maybe change Sunday waivers to noon. That's within the 90 minute window of 1pm games, so someone might be declared OUT and you have 30 mins to make a claim.

Might be a Non-issue, don't know.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That would be fine with me
Only issue is that's later than when the London games start.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Or leave 11am waivers, per notagoonbrett, and just have a period of immediate add/drops for a few hours to give time for the 4pm games. Could extend to Monday night too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't like open free agency but we could run multiple waiver runs on Sundays, potentially

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I don't like open free agency but we could run multiple waiver runs on Sundays, potentially

New Thread Title

How complicated can we make it because one person doesn’t like open add drop period

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

rule change to vote on:
-last waiver run should be specified. Probably should be either the sunday of the finals week, or, one or two waiver runs after the finals.
-spermy wants to change the date we lock down the league for trades & drops. Currently it's set to the day after the superbowl per rule 12.1