Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
well ekeler has covid so I guess this is where the train stops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So is Dalvin.

Gonna be a slapfight.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Hate having covid gently caress around with playoffs. Got 7 guys with covid between our teams Teemu.

So stupid.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

leonard got covid apparently between this morning and game time and he's locked into my lineup getting a zero

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah, Leonard is out for 2 weeks as unvaccinated.

What a wonderful end to a covid year.

Dalvin likely out 2 weeks, at least one on the Colts OLine is out 2 weeks so he can't block for JT again.

Shits so dumb.

Was the regular season like this and I just got incredibly lucky?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

if i lose by less than what dugger ends up scoring i will be very sad

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
It's 3pm. 53 to 55. What an utterly pathetic slapfight this has been.

3rd quarters are half done or so.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
3:30pm and 83 to 86. Our guys are projeted double this. May be our lowest of the season, both of us.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

if i lose by less than what dugger ends up scoring i will be very sad

well

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Don't worry my worst linebacker just pick 6'd

Edit: so did my qb... gently caress

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm in the finals in my other league and singleton might've just won it for me :v:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Fantasy gods giveth and taketh.

What a lovely end. I am so angry at covid robbing a good finish from us.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i mean a huge reason i got this far was my defense scoring like 60 points a week and even if leonard were healthy my defense laid an egg

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Same man, same. Now I am gonna have to play two tight ends in the finals. Unreal.

If TJ watt doesn't put up 30 then I lose the week usually.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

the difference being two defensive players scoring like 60 points total lol

I did end up winning my other league despite missing that conner was ruled out and not getting edmonds or diggs into his spot :toot:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Last waiver period is Sunday at 11am. Like 14hrs from now or some poo poo.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

currently on pace for the worst fate in fantasy: league high score in the first and final rounds, lowest score in the semifinal

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Which is worse?

Winning PF by 100pts and losing.

Or

Getting bounced in first round and then putting up 400pts to destroy everyone while on the sidelines.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Spermy Smurf posted:

Which is worse?

Winning PF by 100pts and losing.

Or

Getting bounced in first round and then putting up 400pts to destroy everyone while on the sidelines.

I’m in agony.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I had my highest projected points this week.

I scored my lowest of the season by 25ish and lose in the championship.

Good times, good times.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

currently on pace for the worst fate in fantasy: league high score in the first and final rounds, lowest score in the semifinal

nevertheless

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have never won a fantasy football league. Ever. Never even made a final match. Been playing since 2013.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i ran a league for decade and i did manage to win it once in the 5th year of its existence. the other 9 years was

2nd
3rd
3rd
2nd
1st
2nd
3rd
3rd
6th
2nd

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What the gently caress happened

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

you won, probably

Folks, we'll wait for stat adjustments to be sure since the championship match is so close. But for now, Spermy has won by 4.99 points over Zack, in a dramatic come-from-behind way as TJ Watt crushed all of Baker Mayfield's hopes and dreams in a MNF game that Spermy slept through, haha.

3rd and 4th place are settled, though: congrats to Teemu, who barely made the playoffs, for a dominating 3rd place! And condolences to 89 for landing in 4th place. Better luck next year!

Spermy posted the provisional points totals for the 2-week consolation game, which I haven't validated but presumably he can handle basic arithmetic:

Whalers got crushed in the wildcard match and then dominated the next two weeks, and Epi Lepi would have easily won the league if he hadn't lost that game. The 2.13 pick will hopefully make him feel better!

On the other hand, if Whalers had won that match and then the next two weeks scored exactly the same (but with SBH in the consolation bracket instead), I would have won the consolation bracket. gently caress!

For the rest of us sad sacks, better luck next year.

Per our rules, here's our league schedule:

quote:

12.1 The day after the superbowl: Teams are locked for the summer. Owners may exceed salary caps. Owners may hold ineligible players on taxi and IR squads. Rules changes are discussed in the thread, and the commissioners may update league rules to apply changes agreed upon during the season and during the summer.
12.2 May, June, or July: the Treasurer renews the league in MFL, paying the annual fees, and updates the spreadsheet as needed.
12.3 July-August: Owners are polled and dates for the rookie and free agent drafts are set.The rookie draft may be live or a slow draft as needed. Commissioners determine and perform any divisional rebalancing. The league match schedule is constructed.
12.4 August 1st: Rules changes are finalized and published. Teams are unlocked. Owners may drop players, and may make trades, including draft picks.
12.5 72 hours before the first draft, owners must be under their salary caps and have compliant IR and taxi squads.
12.6 48 hours before each draft, owners are barred from drops, although they can continue to make trades up to and through the drafts.

So feel free to make trades and drops between now and Monday, February 14th, if you feel like it. Reminder that if you trade 2022+ picks you have to pay dues for the years involved. Check the "2022 Budget" and "2023 Budget" tabs on the spreadsheet to see who has paid up already and check for yourself if you can't remember.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
...yay....

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Spermy posted the provisional points totals... presumably he can handle basic arithmetic:

This is the dumbest thing ever posted in this thread

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

turn on your monitor

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Thanks, right one was off and it was horrifying

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i demand spermy's defenders be tested for PEDs and i be given the championship in the interim until it is proven that everything is above board

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ok so uh,

Spermy Smurf / First Down Syndrome, 1st place: $160
The Zack / LEGO Maniacs, 2nd place: $80
Teemu Pokemon / STRAIGHT BASS HOMIE, 3rd place: $40
89 / THE PAIN TRAIN, 4th place: $20

Tell me how you want your money. The Zack and Spermy already paid 2022 dues, Teemu/89 you can have me take dues out of/credit winnings towards next year, or I can pay out your full prize, up to you.
Also tell me if you want paypal, zelle, venmo, whatever. I'll send a confirmation to your email first before sending funds, to be certain I've got the right address.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Paypal is fine

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

you can roll my winnings into dues, i think you have my paypal info for my... 8 dollars??

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy and The Zack paid.

Teemu, holding $30.83 for your 2022 league dues. I will paypal you the remainder, $9.17

e. sent

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 8, 2022

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I demand my money in some obscure currency.

Toss your witcher a coin? Dibs on Yennifer. Lego can have the weirdo

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Draft picks!

Per league rules 4.4 through 4.5 and sub-sections:

quote:

4.5.1.1. The first, second, third, and fourth-place teams are seeded into the last four slots of the draft, in reverse order of championship standings.
4.5.1.2. From the remaining teams, the four teams that scored the lowest amount of points through the regular season are randomly seeded into the first four draft picks.
4.5.1.3. The remaining four teams are randomly seeded into the four remaining slots.
4.5.1.3.1. The consolation bracket winner, in addition to the slot they are seeded into by regular season points, gets a bonus first round pick at 2.13.

The final four picks go to the winning teams from last year:

89 / THE PAIN TRAIN, 4th place, 9th pick
Teemu Pokemon / STRAIGHT BASS HOMIE, 3rd place, 10th pick
The Zack / LEGO Maniacs, 2nd place, 11th pick
Spermy Smurf / First Down Syndrome, 1st place, 12th pick

The first four picks are randomly doled out to the teams with the four worst Points For as of Week 14 last year:
pre:
Atomictyler / Team McLean		1943.62
Alfalfa / Chopping Wood			2033.23
Leperflesh / Concord Concordes		2039.47
Chen Kenichi / Gridiron Chefs		2126.48
The next four picks are randomly doled out to the remaining four teams:

pre:
therealVECNAmfers / BALLS OF FURY	2201.58
VietCampo / 1017 BRICK SQUAD		2209.11
NotAGoonBrett / Structurally Unstable	2228.51
Epi Lepi / Long Island Whalers		2256.27
Epi Lepi / Long Island Whalers: Consolation bracket winner, receives bonus 2.13 pick.

I'll roll for the picks using the online, auditable dice roller orokos.com as usual.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1st overall pick: 1=McLean, 2=Wood, 3=Concordes, 4=Chefs: 1d4 4

Gridiron Chefs gets 1st overall pick!

1st overall pick: 1=McLean, 2=Wood, 3=Concordes: 1d3 1

Team McLean gets 2nd pick!

1st overall pick: 1=Wood, 2=Concordes: 1d2 2

Concord Concordes gets 3rd pick!

Chopping Wood gets 4th pick!

middle picks: 1=BALLS, 2=BRICK, 3=Unstable, 4=Whalers: 1d4 2

1017 BRICK SQUAD gets 5th pick!

middle picks: 1=BALLS, 2=Unstable, 3=Whalers: 1d3 3

Long Island Whalers gets 6th pick!

middle picks: 1=BALLS, 2=Unstable: 1d2 1

BALLS OF FURY gets 7th pick!

Structurally Unstable gets 8th pick!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The 2022 league is created and paid for
https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/79286

Rosters are imported. All rostered players' salaries have been increased 10% or $1, whichever is greater.
Draft order is set for the rookie draft
Traded draft picks have been imported

Please check your roster and verify nothing looks wrong in terms of owned players and their salaries, and check the draft page etc.

The league is not open yet for drops or trades. We don't open that up until we've discussed and finalized any rules changes for this year.

Now is a good time to raise and argue for any rules changes you think we should make this year.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Anyone not returning for the season?

Who is the dude that never responded or did the drafts and still came in like 3rd? He in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You mean our co-commissioner, Teemu Pokemon? Yeah who can remember that guy, lol.