Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Overrated imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sports ball fans are idiot meatheads, it's a well-known fact.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Metapod posted:

Overrated imo

seriously tho basketball is better

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Curling is the realest sport.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

This is now a fantasy curling league

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Stevie Lee posted:

seriously tho basketball is better

Leperflesh posted:

Curling is the realest sport.

My people

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
my bench is tearin it up

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I accidentally joined a real league instead of a mock draft on espn and I have 81pts with 5 guys left.

I will be lucky to get 81 in this league.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
80 90 bench points

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 13, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah that wins.

So just flip the bench and starters completely next week. That is a sure thing!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Bishop loving Sankey bitch

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Metapod posted:

i'll accept him owning even though I shitted on him

up to 101.7102.7 bench points

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Your bench already outscored leperfish.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperfish has made a lot of bad decisions.

Beginning with overpaying for Lamar Miller. He's really good but his coach is not.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Metapod posted:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Where the hell is the gif thread?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yeah that wins.

So just flip the bench and starters completely next week. That is a sure thing!

saaaame.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hooray I get to worry about 2 star wrs feet now :smithicide:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I made a lot of poor decisions.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
When do the rookies come that are going to take my team from shitheap to amazing?

Edit: JFF doubled Peytons score. Shoot me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

"Peyton Manning is an old old man" I said, pretending I wasn't older than him.
"Peyton never gets old he just gets more refined" they said.
I didn't want to argue, but I knew. I knew. No-one, not even Peyton loving Manning, can outrun the Reaper forever.

We watched PFM get old, right around weeks 14+ of last season. People thought he just needed rest. Maybe that's what he thought, too.

But no. His arm is a noodle that has soaked too long. It's mush. He's done.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

My bench is vastly superior to my starters

Idk how I even missed that my d flex was probable/questionable/out

Wish I had kiko there tho

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Julio a god?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

quote:

But no. His arm is a noodle that has soaked too long. It's mush. He's done.

Neg, he will still throw 25 touchdowns and 4000yds even when he gets traded to the raiders in 2019.

Side bet? Not about raiders, but peyton beating the Dalton line or whatever.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Got 160 with dez and green scoring sub-ten points :smug:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well, I still broke 100 with my star RB suspended. I would have preferred a lot more out of Lamar Miller, Greg Olsen was hugely disappointing, and Jamie Collins underperformed. But all in all I'm not that upset. When my team is healthy and I can start Gates and Bell, I should be competitive.

I'm also relatively pleased with the scoring. If you look at this week's top-scoring players, there's a good mix of offensive and defensive players, with no specific position dominating.

Don't forget to get your waiver transactions in tomorrow; they'll be processed Wednesday, at like 11 AM eastern or something. I plan on putting up voting for our open rules issues tomorrow as well.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
So happy to escape with a win this week, but this 110 points stuff ain't gonna fly, gotta find points somewhere!

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Holy gently caress I won

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
my D guys scored over 90 pts.........

DEE

FENCE

DEE

FENCE

Also I have a Big Rape ($7) or Aaron "Destroyer of worlds and your offensive line" Donald ($1) for trade for a WR seeing as I have 1/2 of a WR worth starting right now LOL

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 16, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah. A looot of good defense guys got picked up at the end of the draft for a dollar or two. This was my biggest fuckup during the draft... if I'd saved even like $8 for the end, I could be dominating.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah. A looot of good defense guys got picked up at the end of the draft for a dollar or two. This was my biggest fuckup during the draft... if I'd saved even like $8 for the end, I could be dominating.

My philosophy in IDP has always been to wait as long as gently caress on IDP, although JJ Watt was pretty beastly this week. I think I got Clay Matthews for $1 and he scored well this week.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

FAAB waivers went through. #3 drafted player Greg Jennings has been dropped! How quickly the mighty have fallen. He was only $3

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Greg Jennings was worth every penny. I just really liked hitting the Bid button :downs:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Auction drafts are the best.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Auction drafts are the best.

Extremely agreed, I regret nothing

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

poo poo, I'm supposed to be running a survey, aren't I!

Everyone please vote Yes or No:

1. Shall we update the League Rules to clarify that, while you may avoid busting your cap by acquiring a player that is already IR-slot eligible, by acquiring them and then immediately placing them into one of your IR slots; you still have to have a regular bench slot open in order to acquire any player? This is how ESPN is currently enforcing things.

2. Shall we update the League Rules to state that players who are designated as Out (officially, by the NFL, as reflected in ESPN's status designations) may be placed on the Injured Reserve, in addition to players designated as IR? This is how ESPN is currently enforcing things.

I will close voting when either both questions have enough votes that additional votes cannot change the outcome, or, in 1 week, whichever comes first.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

poo poo, I'm supposed to be running a survey, aren't I!

Everyone please vote Yes or No:

1. Shall we update the League Rules to clarify that, while you may avoid busting your cap by acquiring a player that is already IR-slot eligible, by acquiring them and then immediately placing them into one of your IR slots; you still have to have a regular bench slot open in order to acquire any player? This is how ESPN is currently enforcing things.

2. Shall we update the League Rules to state that players who are designated as Out (officially, by the NFL, as reflected in ESPN's status designations) may be placed on the Injured Reserve, in addition to players designated as IR? This is how ESPN is currently enforcing things.

I will close voting when either both questions have enough votes that additional votes cannot change the outcome, or, in 1 week, whichever comes first.

1) yes (also kind of how the NFL works when you think about it.)

2) yes

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Yes and yes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bloody posted:

Yes and yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006