Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, so it sounds like in your other league, the cap and the FAAB budget are identical, which definitely simplifies things. They also have a much larger FAAB budget, which may be throwing off your gut-feel sense of how much players should cost. And, they process waivers daily, instead of twice a week as we do.

I don't really understand what that github link is (I mean, I know it's a repository of code for some application, but I don't see how a news scraper app is relevant, so I'm probably misunderstanding).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Just saw the error and read back on the discussion, so this is resolved fully now? Considering circumstances I see it as no harm no foul for the most part as we are just starting this league, and even with the ruleset being fairly comprehensive there are bound to be additions/adjustments/interpretations throughout this year and maybe even going forward a year or two that will need ironing out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We are still discussing whether there needs to be a rules change, or a change in how we manage the FAAB budgets, but the actual issue (a team busted its cap) has been resolved, yeah.

I do hope there aren't any hard feelings. Gyshall I know you got put on the spot big-time, but I think most or all of us can see it was an honest mistake, and I think we managed to resolve it without anyone being an rear end in a top hat about things.

Which is actually pretty unusual for Fantasy Football, heh.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
We are supposed to be trash talking here too so:

Percy Riots face looks like a butt and his parents dont love him.

I am pretty bad with trash talk. And I am too nervous that Forsett will continue his trend of 'suck dick for 4 quarters and run like a quadrapalegic' that he has been doing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I want to trash talk as well but I'm 1-2 so uh. Suck it, placeholder team name, you're the one team worse than me! So far.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

Percy Riots face looks so rear end you assume he drafted it.

Fixed

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Can I outsource my trash talking from now on?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

I want to trash talk as well but I'm 1-2 so uh. Suck it, placeholder team name, you're the one team worse than me! So far.

I am going through a rebuilding phase OK? I'm gonna go 20-0 in 2020

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I just ired kiko alonso btw

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Team McLean, looks like you're "lean" on good players

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Heyward with the 20 burger :smug:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Spermy Smurf posted:

We are supposed to be trash talking here too so:

Percy Riots face looks like a butt and his parents dont love him.

I am pretty bad with trash talk. And I am too nervous that Forsett will continue his trend of 'suck dick for 4 quarters and run like a quadrapalegic' that he has been doing.

Forsett showed up=(

But im still going to add and start tim tebow and still beat you, as a show of force.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Ladarius Green off IR, Sammy Watkins on.

Also thanks for hashing out the whole bids /salary cap deal commishes.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Also why the gently caress did i add crockett gilmore?? Fantasy football on 2g phone internet is hard.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Ladarius Green off IR, Sammy Watkins on.

Got it, thanks!

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

The Zack posted:

Team McLean, looks like you're "lean" on good players

For a pretty boy your team sure is full of poo poo!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
drat my team is so broken right now! Steve Smith with back issues, and Luck is still iffy to toss on to the pile of broken. I hope the future is going to have hope because I am soooo not winning anything this season.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Luck is a long term answer, the colts are just in disarray right now.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Picking a dude who explicitly stated he was retiring at year end was pretty risky for a dynasty.

Of course with the poo poo I drafted I shouldnt talk.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I mean, I have Larry Fitzgerald and until today I had Andre Johnson. There is some value for skilled old players in dynasty. I'm not exactly fluent in the math of how their value degrades relative to redraft though.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Young studs Julio and Green are going to win me the league and teach you guys how to dynasty

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In preparation for the draft I actually looked up and recorded the ages of every player on a beersheet, plus the ages of the top ~40 IDP guys in each of the three major categories.

I mostly favored younger guys, and whenever it was a choice between two or three guys that were about on the same tier, I picked the younger one. Then I proceeded to massively overpay for Lamar Miller and gently caress my entire draft up really badly, so... yeah, that only goes as far as it goes.

But I do have a generally pretty young team.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

Picking a dude who explicitly stated he was retiring at year end was pretty risky for a dynasty.

Of course with the poo poo I drafted I shouldnt talk.

A stopgap until one or more of my young WRs got their legs under them, and I get his cap space for next year when I do not renew him.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Chen Kenichi posted:

A stopgap until one or more of my young WRs got their legs under them, and I get his cap space for next year when I do not renew him.

This is smart. Me being drunk and thinking Mike Wallace is 24 is not.

Good on you.

And Leperfishy: Lamar Miller has more points than Keuchly if that makes you feel better. Granted, Keuchly has been concussed for 3 weeks...

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I bought jeremy Hill thinking he was leveon bell because of a ui glitch.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I think I will need to start carrying 4 QBs or something :sigh:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Someone plz tell Brandon Marshall to stop.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I'm getting destroyed every week and I don't have a young team. The future is bright.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Eat poo poo davante freeman

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Eat poo poo davante freeman

You have 2 defenders with 20 each. 17 tackles and 11tackles plus an int.

I have a guy with .5 of a tackle on my defense for 1.5 points.

I think you will survive...

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Josh Norman has definitely been my best waiver pickup...another 33 points today to retake his spot as the top scoring DB.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Spermy Smurf posted:

You have 2 defenders with 20 each. 17 tackles and 11tackles plus an int.

I have a guy with .5 of a tackle on my defense for 1.5 points.

I think you will survive...

Sometimes my emotions just get the better of me.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I hate this game. Peyton did it again.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I need 26 points from Sean Lee.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I need 26 points from Sean Lee.

OhOhhhh god, he's out with a likely concussion. Zero chance now. Thanks Le'Veon and Maclin for being good: the rest of my team stinks.

e. ok Reshad Jones you were ok today too.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Undefeated for another week :cool:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

First win of the season coming right up thanks leperflesh

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
This IR is killing me.

My dudes are Questionable all week. Then game day about 30 minutes before kickoff ESPN finally updates them to Out. Then the next day they will be Q again so I can't put them on my IR.

Frick.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
That happened to me with ASJ. I couldn't make a roster move with him as 'doubtful' on IR, so I had to temporarily roster him. As soon as I did that, he was listed as 'out' and I put him back on IR.

Anyway, here's hoping for less than 30 points from Stafford + Megatron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

The Zack posted:

That happened to me with ASJ. I couldn't make a roster move with him as 'doubtful' on IR, so I had to temporarily roster him. As soon as I did that, he was listed as 'out' and I put him back on IR.

Anyway, here's hoping for less than 30 points from Stafford + Megatron.

Here's to hoping for more!!

Against the Seahawks defense. :(