Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
With Lance Dunbar now done for the year, and Shady out for at least a few more weeks, Mark Ingram and Andre Williams are my only RBs

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bloody posted:

First win of the season coming right up thanks leperflesh

:suicide:

Spermy Smurf posted:

This IR is killing me.

My dudes are Questionable all week. Then game day about 30 minutes before kickoff ESPN finally updates them to Out. Then the next day they will be Q again so I can't put them on my IR.

Frick.

Yeah well, I mean, that's annoying... but we originally only intended the IR slots for dudes who are actually on the Injured Reserve. So any ability to just stick Out dudes temporarily on the IR is an unanticipated bonus.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

stick Out dudes temporarily on the IR is an unanticipated bonus.

How does this work with salary cap management? Seems like an exploitable thing rather than a bonus.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Guys on the IR cost half their salary to your cap, basically. But, we did discuss this and actually change the rules to be aligned with the functionality. So having someone who is Out during a week, so you can stick them on IR, gets you a roster slot you could for example fill with a temporary grab in the Saturday auction and then dump after their game when your Out guy goes back to Questionable or whatever.

Provided they're listed as Out by Saturday. Which is common for some types of injury, but a lot of teams wait till the last minute to make those decisions, and in those cases, being able to stick someone on an IR slot Sunday morning is useless... it's too late to complete a waiver operation and trades take 24 hours.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
So instead of dropping a guy for a pickup on Tuesday/friday night when I'm putting in bids for guys, I can just move an Out player to IR and pick up my waiver pickup with the same salary cap hit as a guy on IR?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah that should work? I mean, it frees up a bench slot, and guys on IR cost half their salary to your cap. So if you have a guy who costs (say) $6, you could put him on IR to free up $3 worth of cap, and then put in a $3 bid for your temporary dude. If you win him, then he takes up that $3 of cap space you freed up. (This still costs you $3 of your $100/year FAAB budget of course.)

Just be aware that the instant a player is no longer qualified to be on your IR, ESPN will prevent you from making any roster changes including moving guys between bench and starter until you get that guy off your IR.

So let's say a guy doesn't play on Sunday, he's Out, until ESPN decides to update his entry to show him Questionable for next week. If ESPN does that (say) Sunday evening, then you won't be able to change your roster for the Monday game until you get that guy off IR.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 5, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I demand a redraft on account of my terrible team.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah that should work? I mean, it frees up a bench slot, and guys on IR cost half their salary to your cap. So if you have a guy who costs (say) $6, you could put him on IR to free up $3 worth of cap, and then put in a $3 bid for your temporary dude. If you win him, then he takes up that $3 of cap space you freed up. (This still costs you $3 of your $100/year FAAB budget of course.)

Just be aware that the instant a player is no longer qualified to be on your IR, ESPN will prevent you from making any roster changes including moving guys between bench and starter until you get that guy off your IR.

So let's say a guy doesn't play on Sunday, he's Out, until ESPN decides to update his entry to show him Questionable for next week. If ESPN does that (say) Sunday evening, then you won't be able to change your roster for the Monday game until you get that guy off IR.

Got it, thanks.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I thought sniping Thomas Rawls for a mere $14 after the salary cap controversy would be a real shrewd and savvy move. Welp.

Most of my instincts are bad.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Sammy watkins off IR.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Hey Finkle, gently caress you. I legit don't have another WR on my team that isn't injured to put in the slot. I wanted Hankerson. Now I have to get fricken Heyward-Bey with a backup QB throwing at him.

:argh:

Alternatively: Someone trade me a WR before saturdays waivers go through.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Haha wow, that's quite a waiver report this morning.

I'm all aboard the Charles Sims train! I had to pay, but I feel really good about my bid, given how many of you also bid for him. Sorry Spermy, I'm pretty tight at WR too... unless you'd like to trade something for Crabtree or Bowe.

I added a "Salary Caps" tab to the spreadsheet. It just references the cells at the bottom of each team's sheet, but it provides a convenient place to look at all of the current cap space... and for me to copy/paste it here.

pre:
Team			Current total salary		Current salary cap space
First Down Syndrome	$204.00				$46.00
Who Da Titoons?		$219.50				$30.50
Percy Riot		$160.00				$90.00
Gridiron Chefs		$194.50				$55.50
Team McLean		$203.00				$47.00
Former Kicker Ray Finkle$245.50				$4.50
Awesome Cougars		$198.50				$51.50
BORT BORT		$201.00				$49.00
Concord Concordes	$220.00				$30.00
1017 BRICK SQUAD	$161.00				$89.00
Placeholder Team Name	$191.00				$59.00
Hawk Hunters		205.50				$44.50

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 7, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
When do trades go through?

Do they only go 2x a week like waivers? Same dates/times as waivers?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Trades take 24 hours. I believe you cannot trade a player who is already locked, too, but I haven't tested that theory. Otherwise, there's no restrictions.

The 24 hours is a review period, during which a commissioner can veto the trade. We could actually eliminate that window if it's a problem, but I thought just for safety's sake it'd be a good idea to have it there, because it lets someone who fucks up a trade and makes a mistake to plead their case, before it goes through.

By the same token, though, if you are making a last-second trade, get a hold of a commissioner and as long as the trade is kosher, any of us can approve the trade immediately. I think. Again I haven't tested that, but that's my understanding of how the functions on ESPN work.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I sent you a trade offer Spermy.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
^^^ I don't see it. I'm First Down Syndrome.

Roger that. I just didn't want to make a trade and then have waiver go through for Bey and then I don't need 2 WRs.

I'll need to have the trade approved quickly after waivers go through on saturday, provided I can find someone and agree on a trade.

CJ Spiller, Alfred Morris, Clowney, Clinton-Dix, Burnett... Anyone have any interest in them? Looking for a WR in the 7-8 points range. I just need to get through 3 weeks till Adams is back.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 7, 2015

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

wow I didn't expect any competition on, like, any of my waiver claims. welp

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Spermy Smurf posted:

^^^ I don't see it. I'm First Down Syndrome.

Roger that. I just didn't want to make a trade and then have waiver go through for Bey and then I don't need 2 WRs.

I'll need to have the trade approved quickly after waivers go through on saturday, provided I can find someone and agree on a trade.

CJ Spiller, Alfred Morris, Clowney, Clinton-Dix, Burnett... Anyone have any interest in them? Looking for a WR in the 7-8 points range. I just need to get through 3 weeks till Adams is back.

Whoops I just offered the dude with an empty WR spot, thought that was you. Let's see what your roster looks like.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Hm, I might not have one who fits the bill. I have some young longer term plays who aren't really producing (Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Charles Johnson) and some guys scoring pretty well this year (Fitz, Marshall, V. Jackson).

I could move one of the latter three, but probably want more than a bench player.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Trading CJ Spiller for Snead with Awesome Cougars.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
The trade that broke the forums

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Salary caps after Saturday FAAB went through:

pre:
Team			Current total salary	Current salary cap space
First Down Syndrome		$202.00			$48.00
Who Da Titoons?			$219.50			$30.50
Percy Riot			$160.00			$90.00
Gridiron Chefs			$197.50			$52.50
Team McLean			$203.00			$47.00
Former Kicker Ray Finkle	$245.50			$4.50
Awesome Cougars			$201.50			$48.50
BORT BORT			$200.00			$50.00
Concord Concordes		$220.00			$30.00
1017 BRICK SQUAD		$161.00			$89.00
Placeholder Team Name		$191.00			$59.00
Hawk Hunters			$199.50			$50.50

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Julius Thomas is no longer ir eligible so he is no longer on ir

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Matt Ryan is making GBS threads himself and Hankerson (other league) got hurt. Cobb is invisible, Evans isn't doing much. Football is stupid.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 11, 2015

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Spermy Smurf posted:

Trading CJ Spiller for Snead with Awesome Cougars.

Well, that came back to bite me in the rear end

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
RIP my undefeated record

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Stevie Lee posted:

RIP my undefeated record

Same

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
an all around bad week for titans fans

gonna go drink myself to sleep so I can have nightmares of tyrod taylor

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Glad I benched two of my normal defensive players to try something different. 35 points down the drain.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Nothing like a robust 10 point lead with leveon bell and Antonio gates coming up.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I think I am going to break up with Peyton. A few dropped TDs don't make up for 6 points every loving week.

Someone trade me a QB. My other option is Bradford who I dont expect to live through the season.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

want his brother?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Nothing like a robust 10 point lead with leveon bell and Antonio gates coming up.

You're ahead by 27 points, and you still have Ladarius Green to play, vs. my Bell, Gates, and Stephon Tuitt. I honestly don't expect to win. It's possible, if Bell hands in a big game of course, but it's not a given. This is Gates' first game back, so he could be rusty, and Tuitt is a defensive end whose range so far this season is 0.8 points to 21 points so it's a total crapshoot with a guy like that.

Matt Ryan totally hosed me this week. I think I may have to start Dalton now. Which seems stupid... starting Dalton vs. buffalo instead of Ryan vs. New Orleans. But Dalton is legit scoring better than Ryan. Hell, for the season he's currently QB2!

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I think Antonio Gates is going to go nuts.

Since you're the commissioner if I beat you in the king of the league right?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah. You and the three other teams who have beaten me.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Leper, trade me dalton or matty ice.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

Leper, trade me dalton or matty ice.

Or you can have Joe "ELITE" Flacco

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In Dynasty, I don't think it's a fantastic idea to only have one QB. I would be willing to trade either QB, but it'd have to be for a significant upgrade to my team, and I'd need to somehow get a hold of a promising backup QB of some kind as well.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Metapod posted:

Or you can have Joe "ELITE" Flacco

Who do you want for Flacco?

Edit: on mobile so how much does flacco cost? Cant find transactions on phone.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Joe Flacco was drafted 218th by Who Da Titoons for $1, and that's his current salary.