Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
That sort of works except that you wouldn't have been able to get those guys in the manner you did. You would have had to drop other dudes in advance to make the space. It seems like it sets a really bad precedent of "get who you can now and deal with it later".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

OK so there's two things then:

1. Resolve the issue with Gyshall's team. I want to do that tonight, so that everyone has time tomorrow to manage their rosters before the TNF game.
2. Implement any changes we agree on aiming to make it easier for everyone to deal with the interactions between player salary, salary cap, FAAB, and adding/dropping/trading players. We can take our time on this, since our current system does actually function.

For 1., so far I've seen or had the following ideas:

• Roll back the auctions for Charles Clay and Thomas Rawls. Restore Gyshall's team (the dropped players, and the FAAB budget). Run a new auction manually with blind bids and manually send the players to the highest bidders.
  • Roll back the auctions for Charles Clay and Thomas Rawls. Restore Gyshall's team (the dropped players, and the FAAB budget). Allow both players to go to the next auction, which will be Saturday.
  • Roll back the auctions for Charles Clay and Thomas Rawls. Restore Gyshall's team (the dropped players, and the FAAB budget). Give the win for Charles Clay to the team with top priority among the three $2 bidders (Team McClean), charge them $2, take no further action. (In this option, Rawls would be available for Saturday's FAAB auction.)
  • Permit Gyshall to drop players until he's back below the cap. Take no other actions.
  • Lower Gyshall's bids so that they don't exceed his cap, but he still wins both players (e.g., the two bids would total no more than $14). I could for example keep them proportionate: The original bids were $26 and $18, so I could lower them to and $8 and $6, roughly the same proportions. Restore the three players he dropped earlier today.

The three commissioners are discussing this via email. I think we'll probably pick something along the lines of one of these options. Our aim is to be as fair as we can, but I hope everyone recognizes that there's no solution proposed so far that is perfect. On the other hand, this isn't that big of a deal, so whatever we do, I doubt it's going to strongly affect the outcome of the season.

I'll try and put my thoughts out for each point. I'm not good at getting from brain to words.

1 & 2) I'm not sure I agree with any sort of rebidding. The only people it helps are the people who lost in the original bidding process. Had it gone as normal without any illegal bids the winner would be highest bidder followed by waiver order. I'm not sure why we'd throw that standard out and start over because someone made a bid they shouldn't have.

3) This seems like a fine way to do it. I'm not saying this just because I'd be the winner. I just don't understand why it SHOULDN'T go this way. The bid made wasn't a valid bid, throw it out and then follow the normal procedure for free agency. If it was someone else getting him in this manner that's fine. If I was someone else who had not gotten the player I would be THRILLED that I get a second chance because someone else made a bid that should never have been allowed.

4) That doesn't seem very fair to anyone who has been following the rules. It's basically saying "don't worry about the rules. Get the players you want and we'll let you fix your mistake the way that helps you most".

5) This also isn't a very good idea. He's getting the players he made a bid on with an invalid bid. This is just making it so he gets them for less than he originally bid AND leaves him with even more FAAB than he would have with the insane bids he originally made. This is a BIG win for breaking the rules. He'd get those players he wants along with $38 FAAB. If those players he got with an invalid bid don't pan out he can just drop them and start over with the FAAB we've just given him back.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

A new option has been raised: We'd charge Former Kicker Ray Finkle the full amount he bid in terms of his FAAB dollars, but set the two players to proportionally lower salaries that fit under his cap ($8 and $6, for a total of $14).

The advantages of this option are:
-Finkle doesn't get the "benefit" of having his large bids reduced and thereby freeing up more FAAB money
-Finkle does get the result of Gyshall's obvious intent (which was to make bids so large he was virtually certain to claim the two players) - nobody else bidding over $2 suggests nobody else valued Clay very highly, and nobody else bid on Rawls at all.
-Nobody else gets an "unfair" second shot at bidding on Clay/Rawls

I'm waiting to see what the third commissioner thinks of this plan, but two of us are favoring it right now.

1) I'm still not sure what downside there was to him making bids that never should have been made? With this in mind we should all just blow out budget on whatever and then have it taken care of later, even if we don't have the cap space.
2) A lower bid doesn't mean there wasn't good value in it. If you look at almost all the free agent bids they're in the $1-$3. One insanely high bid doesn't mean others don't see good value in a player.
3) There would be no need to have a second shot at bidding. It would go as it should have without the invalid bid. His bid for Clay should just be thrown out and it's bidding as usual from what bids there were. Rawls back into the waivers.

I just feel like the rules were out there for everyone. Without some sort of punishment for breaking them then why would we ever follow them? I'm not saying we need to cripple him so it's not worth playing, but giving him the players for what he really should have bid at and taking away what he was planning to lose doesn't seem like a punishment at all. He's getting the players he wants for the price he bid. It's just using commish help to bypass the salary cap. It shouldn't matter if no one bid as high as him, the intent was there and the rules were broken.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

The Zack posted:

Team McLean, looks like you're "lean" on good players

For a pretty boy your team sure is full of poo poo!

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I'm getting destroyed every week and I don't have a young team. The future is bright.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

The Zack posted:

That happened to me with ASJ. I couldn't make a roster move with him as 'doubtful' on IR, so I had to temporarily roster him. As soon as I did that, he was listed as 'out' and I put him back on IR.

Anyway, here's hoping for less than 30 points from Stafford + Megatron.

Here's to hoping for more!!

Against the Seahawks defense. :(

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
#1 in PF and PA, yet here I am at 2-3.

Also, I"m #1 in PF and PA in two leagues now. 2-3 here and 5-0 there, someone is cheating!! :(

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
If I had Freeman you could never pry him from me. He's EVERYTHING you want in a play in a dynasty league. $5 cap hold, young and always put up numbers. There isn't a single player that you'd trade him for straight up, it would take a serious haul to even move the needle.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Still the points for leader. Of course I'm still in second in my division.

I thought for sure Murray was going to get like 5 points while Eli and two Giant defenders went crazy, but it went the other way!

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
activated Cruz and moved Weddle to IR.

I love Brady and Edelman. They cost me $30 total, suckers.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
oh poo poo, that's right. I thought brady was $15. I paid $24 for the two of them.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Thursday night game beat me. I hate those games.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I'm not in contention, but I also have the stats to be at the top. Overreacting to a bad season seems like a poor choice.

That being said, I'll take those players too if anyone is offering them up.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Still winning points for and points against, WOOHOO!!!!

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

Bloody posted:

Every player on my roster is fair game right now. I'm interested in high-production vets, potentially good young players, IR people, and draft picks.

Potentially interesting players that I have that you could have:
Danny Woodhead, RB
Eddie Lacy, RB
Demaryius Thomas, WR
Tyler Eifert, TE
Julius Thomas, TE
Delanie Walker, TE
Malcolm Jenkins, S

I have acres of other garbage that could be yours too, but these are probably my best healthy players (lol)

Any interest in Cooks for Eifert?

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Antonio Brown made me his bitch.

I'll trade a first round pick for him.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Also, I've moved into second place for PF and PA. I took it raw this year.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Refs hosed over the Patriots and my fantasy team all in one game. RIP fantasy season.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
:(

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I had the best draft in my other money league too (also keeper, but only two players) and in that one I've managed to go 12-0 along with the most PF.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I think in order to make sure everyone has a fair shot at dropped players, I should adjust the settings (if possible) to make it so that dropped players have to be on the waivers for at least 24 hours before they can be picked back up.

that sounds good to me. I'm ok with what he did for this instance. At least he didn't wait until like 10:55am today to drop Luck and then pick him back up immediately afterwards. If other people who do check daily didn't get a chance then it might be a problem, but they can speak up for themselves.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Still putting up the points a playoff team should be putting up. Glorious.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
The only thing I did was figured out how auction drafts work and then proceeded to kick rear end. That's just how I roll.

You stay out of this Spermy.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I got 20.3 from just my safety last night.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I have no problems with it.

free agents were cheap to start the season and seem to be to end the season also.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
It's kind of funny considering the battle we had over Charles Clay and then I'm the only on who even puts a bid in on a TE that's better than him.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
can we allow schedule trades next year?

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
my team is like the patriots team that went 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
you guys didn't make a proprietary database for this? explains my points for.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I'm in for next year and I'm in for MFL.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
So I'm a bit behind on getting setup. I never got an email with a password for my franchise. I got the email saying to register and that Team McLean is mine, but there's not passwords for me to link it to my MFL account (that I just made). I'm assuming the commish needs to have one sent to me or something.

I'm a dumbass.

atomictyler fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 5, 2016

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
The rules say the rookie/free agent draft should be non-snake the first two rounds, and then snake on round 3+. We traded draft picks on that basis, too. But, I still don't know if MFL actually supports that - which means probably it'll need to be a manual draft. Which I'm OK with. So would you rather:
1.a Manually draft, following the rules as stated
1.b Use MFL's draft software, but switch to 100% snake or 100% assigned draft order
?
(See rules 7.2, 7.8)
I'm not a fan of anything that automatically gives the last place team the first pick. It encourages managers to go all 76er on the league, or just stop managing.

2. Are you OK with the current salary assignments for players drafted in the rookie/free agent draft?
(See rule 7.3)
Maybe a little lower, but I'm ok either way.

3. Should we go ahead and have taxi squads?
(See rules 7.4, 7.5, 8.2.2, 8.4.1, and especially rule 9)
I like this. If we allow people to steal players off them it'll encourage people to stay active.

4. If we have taxi squads, should we create rules for stealing players off of other team's taxi squads?
(See rule 9.5). Basically the way this works is, you can grab a player off another team's taxi squad if you promote them to your regular bench, but they can prevent it by promoting that player to their own bench. If you use this rule, you also need to revise rule 9.1 to say that rookies on a bench can't be moved back to a taxi squad.)
I'm all for the stealing (unless it's off mine).

5. If we have taxi squads, how many slots should they have?
I'm not sure what the typical amount is. whatever the number typically is works for me.

6. Should we change the fees and prize payouts of the league this year? It's currently $25 dues, with prize payouts to first, second, and third places, plus the winner of the consolation bracket.
(See rule 2)
I'd like to see a bit more and the person with the most points for get something. It sure sucked having the most points for and getting dicked over by scheduling.

7. Are you OK with the current scoring?
(See rule 5)
I'm good with it.

8. When should we unlock rosters, permitting players to be dropped? Note that all dropped players become eligible for the free agent/rookie draft.
Drop away, but don't allow people to grab them until we're all set.

9. When should we do the rookie/free agent draft? Please list several dates/times that you would be available, and any specific dates/times you are definitely not available. Please include your time zone.
Any time works. There's unknown dates I won't be available, but I'll just hope they don't clash.

10. How long should we wait to see if Kazak_Hstan is still alive before we replace him?
Try all forms of contact. If nothing we should get someone to replace him soon.

11. Do you want to reorganize the three divisions? If so, what scheme do you propose?
(See rule 3.4.3)
I'm fine with them as is for now. It's too early to know if we need to change them.

12. Any other league rules or procedures you want to change?
Not that I can think of.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Money sent. I'm working on getting the contact info for Vecna and I'll get him setup here.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
My first round pick (7th overall) is up for trade if anyone is interested. I can package that with a player for a WR if possible. If not I'm also willing to trade for lower picks.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Also no issues with suspended players being on the IR. I still love you Tom Brady.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Can we still trade players after keepers have been locked in?

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
What's going to happened to suspended players on our IR? Will we just not be able to make transactions (draft?) until they're moved?

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Are those times Eastern?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I'm set to eastern and it's also showing 9pm.