Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I need to read through your rules when I get home from work but I want to tentatively put my hat in for one of the teams. Having a hard time picking but I think I'm leaning towards Ray Finkle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Okay I'm definitely down for this and I'll take Ray Finkle. It's over the cap right now and I think I know what I'm gonna do to get under but how long do I have to drop people? Can I still drop or are rosters locked?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I've logged in and made a couple waiver drops and IR moves, still over cap but I will be below it by Saturday. Does it mess anything up for your planning if I change the team name? Thinking Second Round Kickers in honor of my very very dumb team.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Just sent you my dues Leperflesh.

Also: the rules for Taxi Squads seem fine to me.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Counterpoint, everyone find dumb graphics for your team!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Oh, I did change my team name to Second Round Kickers, if you care Leperflesh.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Hixalot posted:

Obviously I benefit from it, but I would vote for suspended players being able to be on IR.

Not heartbroken regardless which way it goes.

Edit: citing the precedent that the wording says if they're OUT they may be placed on the IR list.

I benefit as well but it makes sense to me that suspended players can go on IR. I didn't even think that that might not be how it worked to be honest.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Any interest in Matt Forte? While I do need startable RBs, he's just too drat expensive for my team.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I'm on vacation and won't be able to check my phone often until Wednesday. It didn't look like I was getting any interest in Forte and I cannot have him on my roster when the draft comes so I dropped him. Is there anything preventing me from drafting him or otherwise picking him up again? His salary was the only reason I dropped him.

Mostly posting this so I don't potentially cause a commotion on draft night.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I want to make sure I'm clear on the taxi squad rules, any player that has never been started in this league can be put on the squad correct? So obviously this years rookies are eligible, and people like Breshad Perriman and Kevin White are eligible since they never saw the field last year and someone would have had to have been insane to start them. But say I pick up Adam Humphries who was a UDFA practice squadder in TB last year that ended up starting because everyone died and is the number 3 this year. Can he go on the taxi squad? Or maybe Louis Murphy who is one of said older players who died but was probably never started in this league. I assume I have to do some dilligence to make sure they were never started, though I don't know how I'd do that since we've moved league hosts.

Not trying to be annoying or anything, but I just want to make sure I understand.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Leperflesh posted:

Our league has 22 players with salaries of $34 and over (including four free agents), which means there's 18 owned, or an average of 1.5 such players per team right now.

e. the Second Round Kickers have the highest paid player (Antonio Brown), the third-highest paid player (Gronk), and a third player over $34 (DeAndre Hopkins, at $39). And yet, that team still has $50 of cap space.

Of course, they also have seven more slots to fill, not including IR and practice squad.

Yeah its great! I have no RBs and my QBs consist of Old Man Palmer and Don't Care Cutler, but those three players will keep me alive.

I hope.

Maybe.

Also I don't own a mic so no voice chat for me either.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I'm so excited to see if any startable RBs slip to me at 11. Cause I do not have faith in Blount or Spencer Ware for an entire season. I mean, with Gronk, AB84 and Nuk I think I can survive but who knows.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Are waiver bids going to process again before Sunday? Is there some other way to add players that I'm missing?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Like half my team is going tonight but I'm actually here at the game so I guess I don't mind.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Spermy Smurf posted:

Can I put in a claim to steal a player for week 5?

Jokes on you pal, all three of my other QBs might not play next week so I'm gonna have to play Dak anyway!

Semi-related, do we have just 2 IR slots?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Is he hurt or not cause Mike Gilleslie might finally pay off for me.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

The Zack posted:

We say this every week, but drat this central division is crazy. We're all 4-2

I was real mad for like 10 seconds that I'm in last place and then I actually looked at the whole division and was like :stare:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
2 Questions about stealing from other players Taxi Squads:

1) Do I have to have the cap and roster space available before I declare the steal?

2) Do I have to start the player I steal or can they go to my bench? Can I send them directly to my own taxi squad? Probably no to the taxi squad part but I don't see it actually in the rules.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Leperflesh posted:

1. No, but you'll need to create it before the player lands on your team, which happens if they don't block the steal for 72 hours (or post that they won't try to block the steal).
2. Uh gently caress this should have been in the rules. But the intent is that the stealing team has to start that player that week. If the steal is blocked or successful, either way, that player gets started and will never be taxi squad eligible again.

The intent here is that taxi squads are for stashing future prospects, not playable-right-now players. If someone else has stashed a guy that is startable, then someone in the league will want to start them, and that owner can initiate a steal.

The intent is not to steal a guy that the other owner could then immediately steal right back, or steal a guy that you will just bench (non-taxi bench) in order to prevent him from being stealable right back, but you're not willing to start.

Since it's not in the rules, I'd like the other commissioners to weigh in before I add that to the rules.

That's what I thought tbh, I just wanted to be sure since I'm not searching back through the thread and it wasn't in the rules doc.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I just noticed that the Salary Cap numbers looks weird for a couple teams including my own (Second Round Kickers).

It says I have $3 of space available but it also says my salaries total $246 so what gives?

Concord Concordes and Hawk Hunters also seem to have a phantom dollar.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Okay that makes sense.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Stevie Lee posted:

I'm an idiot for not trying to do that last week

Same.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's fun to look at the trade I made at the beginning of the season and the waiver moves I've made and realize I'd probably be in the same place and better off going forward if I did nothing.

Fantasy football is awesome.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I just updated my trading block, but I realized, do we have a trade deadline? Did that pass?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
gently caress me, I didn't realize WAS was also on by this week. hosed up picking up a TE to cover Gronk's bye.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I traded Spencer Ware for Matt Forte and while that may work out... acceptable this year I'm probably going to really miss him next year.

I kind of wish I'd jumped on the other vacant team at the beginning of the year. Hopkins had not performed to his salary hit and honestly I don't know if I'd say that AB84 has either. With so much money invested in those two and Gronk (who has been awesome so I don't care about his cap hit or him being hurt the first couple weeks) I have a hard time making roster decisions at all.

I keep picking up little spot starts that probably don't matter but unless I get lucky I don't think more than half a dozen of my offensive guys will be startable with any consistency next year. Pryor was probably the only pickup I had this year that will be a good value to keep next year. Maybe.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Yeah man, original dude who owned my team was a big spender.

Leperflesh posted:

About 25% of your salary cap for the #1 fantasy WR is totally reasonable, actually.

Apparently he's number #3 so far this year which isn't bad. I feel like he had some weak games that hurt me, but also I'm doing better in this league than I keep thinking I am.

I own Evans in another league and I'm a TB fan so AB84 just doesn't feel as special as his salary.

Epi Lepi fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 10, 2016

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Do offensive players get tackles? Like if I for some reason am forced to start a WR who also functions as a special teams gunner?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Oh gently caress me, I picked up someone to replace Gronk for this week but I either forgot to submit my new lineup or I was in a lovely cell service area yesterday and it didn't go through. Second time I failed to account for missing Gronk this season.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Nevermind, the TE I picked up was Vernon Davis so even if I did slot him in I'd have a goose-egg. gently caress TEs yo.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I'm very happy to own Dak Prescott. That is all.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Make me an offer.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Swarmin Swedes posted:

2nd Round Kickers notifying you of my intent to steal and start Noah Spence.

gently caress you that's my beautiful baby boy. (Bucs fan here)

I will start him this week.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
So who wants to trade me an RB for Calais Cambell?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Leperflesh posted:

Campbell is the #9 DE/DT in our scoring, just behind free agent Ndamukong Suh. However, he's only that high because of his one monster game in week 5. If you average his other ten weeks' performance, he's doing 7.225 points a week, which would put him in 39th place.

That's note exactly a fair way to evaluate a player, but the point is... there are plenty of free agent DE/DTs on the wire who have pretty much the same ability as Campbell. If you look down the list you'll see other players who had one or two big games but otherwise chug along getting four to ten points a week, with some highs and some lows.

I don't think you're gonna get a trade offer.

Or maybe you're saying that so I drop him and you can scoop him up :tinfoil:

I won't be doing that until I need a roster spot or cap space. I do believe he is one of the most talented DLinemen in the league. He may be suffering a down year but so is the whole Cardinals team.

I'll admit that the fact that we bother with so few IDP slots devalues him but I'm still dropping a quarter of my roster before I drop him.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Late Saturday would be better in my opinion.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I don't even want to look at how the dudes I sat did. Apparently Dak was not the truth last night.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Nah I have other leagues where I've been eliminated to busy myself with. Rather not make anymore pointless waiver add/drops.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Yeah I think offseason trades should be allowed.

I would also like to propose a team composition change if that's okay.

I think we should add another Linebacker Slot. Even with 12 people there are a lot of quality LBs out there so that hanging on to one in particular seems pointless. This might just be my bias cause I'm obsessed with IDP but I feel like adding another slot will make the position more meaningful. It would make it so more people would flex positions other than LB as well, again making the position more meaningful, and IDP more meaningful as a whole.

Just my 2 cents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I heard once that MFL can score QB Hits/Hurries. Is that true?

I remember I had Elvis Dumervil in an all IDP league two years ago and watching a game where the announcers were fellating him about how good he was at pressuring the QB but he made no statistically significant plays that game. At the time I thought that had he gotten some sort of score for hits/hurries he'd have had at least a mediocre game instead of a goose-egg.