Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Bloody posted:

at least your $51 towards QBs got you two instead of one

Still don't regret it one bit! Probably could have gotten him $10 cheaper if not for the straight bid of 50 which was a wtf, but I took a one time outbid shot and it stuck. And then got Big Rape for $7 heh

Also as an aside JJ Watt for $27 was one of the steals of the draft if he performs anywhere near last year. 5th in overall pts by last year's stats, and 19 of the top 50 were QBs so although Luck at $51 was a huge overbid by relative value, Watt was value++. Flip around the dollars and it would be more correct IMO, but whatever I am happy with how it went. Only regret is not going for a couple of the higher end WRs a bit harder to be more competitive this year.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I am kinda unaffected by whether Foster is on IR or not so if keeping him 'active' helps anything I will do that swap without issue. This really only affects grabbing someone off the wire in a replacement move that has to go (well somebody anyway) once the IR player becomes active again.

I guess the question becomes do we treat IR strictly in line with NFL rules or toward fantasy-like rules where players who are 'OUT' for weeks but expected to return and not put on IR can get placed on IR to allow a depth move - something we really do not need with our roster size, but it IS another bench spot to stash someone for a couple of weeks and see if that person is worth long term consideration over someone else.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 10, 2015

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
my D guys scored over 90 pts.........

DEE

FENCE

DEE

FENCE

Also I have a Big Rape ($7) or Aaron "Destroyer of worlds and your offensive line" Donald ($1) for trade for a WR seeing as I have 1/2 of a WR worth starting right now LOL

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 16, 2015

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Foster is practicing so I switched to make it more kosher. Sorry about that.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Considering what my wr situation was, bidding $12/$5 was looking for short term stop-gaps until desean gets swell. My team has Steve Smith who has been undervalued at least the past 3 years maybe more, but still a wr2 at best. Gotta do something until a rook breaks out (I hope)

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

GC paid $51 for Luck. And benched him today. For... Big Ben, who has injured his knee and out for the rest of the day. That's some hard luck there.

Yeah, but at least I got great cover for the hot QB that got injured =/. Then again I seem to have great fortune in choosing a starting QB so far this year. I fully expect Luck to come down with some rare disease that is curable, but will take a season to recover from.

And as a side note Devonta Freeman :stare:

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 27, 2015

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Interestingly enough I thought I was dead when at half Brandon Marshall (D) had 3 pts so I went to sleep. Woke up to 20 pts. The Chris Ivory being active crushed me as I had Benjamin in pending ivory's status and when he was a go I swapped :-(

Fantasy football - making all the wrong decisions all the time!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Jackson off/Big Rape on IR - for some reason Jackson is now questionable even though he has only 1 week passed of a 3-4 week time table so he is ineligible now =/

vvv doesn't really matter - someone injured is gonna be on my bench regardless. I find changing status on a coach's speculation pretty awkward though. At least wait until the official injury report for the game comes out today (I think?).

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Sep 30, 2015

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Just saw the error and read back on the discussion, so this is resolved fully now? Considering circumstances I see it as no harm no foul for the most part as we are just starting this league, and even with the ruleset being fairly comprehensive there are bound to be additions/adjustments/interpretations throughout this year and maybe even going forward a year or two that will need ironing out.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
drat my team is so broken right now! Steve Smith with back issues, and Luck is still iffy to toss on to the pile of broken. I hope the future is going to have hope because I am soooo not winning anything this season.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

Picking a dude who explicitly stated he was retiring at year end was pretty risky for a dynasty.

Of course with the poo poo I drafted I shouldnt talk.

A stopgap until one or more of my young WRs got their legs under them, and I get his cap space for next year when I do not renew him.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I think I will need to start carrying 4 QBs or something :sigh:

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Thing is that Knile is still there and has a history of doing well. It smells of a time share/hot hand backfield right now, but hey I didn't think I would get him with 18 anyway so who am I kidding?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Big Rape off/Perriman on IR

I got 10 players questionable or worse right now!

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 15, 2015

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
32 up with Luck against the NE offense sans brady/edelman - here's to hoping for a competitive game and not a chance for a Billy B 'gently caress you gonna run up a 50 burger on your rear end LOL' game!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Stevie Lee posted:

sankey looked great yesterday

*rubs hands waiting on David Cobb's shot*

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah but Foster just hurt his achilles, so...

:( My whole team is destined to be out for the season I swear.

Cobb off/Foster on IR come Tuesday *sigh* I keep thinking I have a chance this year even with all the youth I went with drafting, and the injuries keep slapping me in the face.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 25, 2015

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Got Bloody's IR move. Also got Foster, Bethea, and Cruz moves to IR, because I decided to go ahead and check every team's roster in ESPN.

Chen Kenichi posted:

Cobb off/Foster on IR come Tuesday *sigh* I keep thinking I have a chance this year even with all the youth I went with drafting, and the injuries keep slapping me in the face.

I did say something btw :P Also angry at myself I didn't do what I did in two other leagues and pick up McFadden a week or two ago because 'hey I got three good RBs and enough cover through the flex.....then Foster dreamcrushes me.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Oh god, Bell.

So much for my season.

Oh hello again D'angelo - nice to see you on the field again doing well!

Edit:loving KARMA BITES ME IN THE rear end NO STEVE SMITH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

The Zack posted:

Drew Brees :vince:

In a standard league he has some ridiculous number of points like 66.20 or some poo poo.....and I am against him.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
*wrong thread whoops*

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 3, 2015

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I got Chris Ivory and Latavius Murray on the block (not necessarily both as a package, but willing) - looking for high quality WR help.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Swarmin Swedes posted:

I have like 7 receivers Landry, ODB, Hurns, Hilton, John Brown, Marvin Jones, Kendall Wright any interest in moving either RB for one or two of those?

Yuppers. You can toss an idea or two my way, or tomorrow I will have some time to look at things closer and toss an idea or two yours.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I should rename my team to something like 'M*A*S*H Unit' loving hell 8 players are definitely out and Murray in the protocol *sigh*

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Luck on/Perriman off IR

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

Friendly reminder for Chen Kenichi: You should bench your good players week 13 to rest them up for playoffs. Don't want to risk an injury just before playoffs; it would be stupid to risk it.

And it might be the last chance I have to get into playoffs if I beat you.

Yes I will need to consider this. A quarter of my team has been on IR pretty much the entire year so they could use a week off. Smoke and mirrors can do wonders, but nothing like a healthy roster going in to the playoffs!

Also Leperflesh I sent you an email through the league page have you (can you?) seen it?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah man, I replied to it directly from gmail on nov. 15th. Did you not get my response?

e. The crux of my response was "yes, that's totally allowed" and I explained why it's not really an issue.

Hmmm, no I never saw it. Will look through my stuff like spam and such to see if it went there for some reason. Thanks.

Edit: found it. For some reason it got delayed coming up in my mailbox, but it is there now. And I figured the answer was that simple, but wanted to be sure before I do something dumb again.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 18, 2015

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Hmmm, is my email acting up again? Sent Leperflesh and Bloody stuff again through ESPN and no response from either afaik :( I swapped email to something that should be much more reliable for the future as well.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

The email goes out through ESPNs servers, so nothing is wrong with yours.

They just hate you.

Certainly possible =/

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Bloody posted:

I'm out of town right now so I'm being a lazy butt but I think we had reached agreeable terms?

Yes all is good.

Sending an email to Leper.

Sorry about the being-a-pain-in-the-rear end stuff but I guess ESPN is unreliable =/

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 22, 2015

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Sent the trade Bloody. Hope it works!

Edit: And it seems it has.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Bloody posted:

Dt for first round

This.

Also forgot the WR limitations in that we can only roster 8 at a time so had to make a drop to accomodate.

And I wanted Hoyer again BOOOOOOOO :( NO is such a tasty matchup.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

Nice move, Gridiron. Knocked $20 off of Luck's cost and hardly anyone noticed.

Thanks. Consider it a contract renegotiation for his nothing year this year. And if someone did pick him up well then hey I needed cap space going into next year either way, but much happier I got to keep him.

I now expect to see some other underperforming high-priced guys on the wire and bidding wars to commence!

OH, and Andrew Luck back to IR of course.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 2, 2015

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

atomictyler posted:

that sounds good to me. I'm ok with what he did for this instance. At least he didn't wait until like 10:55am today to drop Luck and then pick him back up immediately afterwards. If other people who do check daily didn't get a chance then it might be a problem, but they can speak up for themselves.

In all honesty I thought I was dropping on Monday evening, but I had Monday off of work and so working Tuesday had me thinking it was Monday. My actual intention was to give 24+ hours, but whoops I thought wrong. That was what the whole Steve Smith stuff was - testing the drop and bid in the same period to make sure it was doable.

Is there a way to lock outright dropping a player 24h before waiver claims just to avoid controversy in the future?

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 4, 2015

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Man, we seem to be on course for a looot of upsets this week!

Not that a win or loss has any meaning with Finkle taking a loss (pending corrections obv), but Big Rape coming through in the clutch to at least give me a chance at the win provided Witten doesn't see the end zone is peachy keen. Thanks for covering up for Benjamin's no-show!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

I cant believe I lost when you had someone with 0 pts.

You haven't yet - I still am queasy about Witten. If he gets a TD tonight then I probably lose.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Stevie Lee posted:

breeland with 0 points in the first half

Breeland gets a whole lot of points off of pass defences and other things not directly scored for usually, so albeit not a good sign but not necessarily true he has a goose egg either.

Oh, and this would be a good time for some of you to start using the Trading Block section in the league if you are interested in making some trades for now and the upcoming offseason.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 8, 2015

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I just realized that my matchups for most of my offensive guys absolutely suck for next week. Whoever gets me will probably win in a walkover.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Luck off/Perriman on IR - for some reason because Luck said he MIGHT practice that it means he is now questionable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Something that was mentioned finally sunk in - next year's draft includes the FA pool post-cap casualties. Before that happens I would like to suggest an alternative because having slotted salaries to draft from the FA pool after we did an initial auction draft is really rather awkward. It allows cap casualties to be acquired possibly at a 'bargain' instead of what the market will bear, and vice versa possibly. Is it possible to separate the FA pool into another auction draft using the upcoming season's FAAB $ (maybe having to adjust that upward slightly to accomodate) and have strictly a rookie draft as the snake with slotted salaries?

Just thinking out loud - it still works as it is set now, but I feel FA should stay separate from the rookie draft.