Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
To continue my thoughts on FAs in the draft now that I have seen some other thoughts -

As I said before the current system does work and if we keep it no complaints. Adjusting the starting salaries of drafted players can be looked at after the season or whenever, but as described the curve looks pretty solid IMO. Maybe tweak the $ up a bit due to the FA pool being involved? This will be a fluid situation that will probably need to be looked at once we know exactly what that pool of players will be. Chances are this year's pool will not have the impact players to have any salary adjustments, but down the line a year or two it may need scaling up as well.

I always took dynasty as making it similar to how being a GM for a team would be, and thus my thoughts on the FA pool staying separate. This would be like every free agency period year to year in the NFL. Keeping them separate does allow for a team to try to possibly 'buy' a championship from the FA pool, then dump salary at the end of the year if other teams are cap constrained during the FA period. This would not happen this year I do not believe, and may never happen, but I think it grants extra options to managing a team not available with just the draft setup that is currently in place. The current system limits the top veteran players to the team drafting instead of an open-for-all-to-bid FA, which probably does help to balance the field a bit. Also if we do this and want a more competitive balance then have the best record team commit all cuts, then the next highest, etc. which would allow for the losing record teams to see what the pool is shaping up as and make their cuts for salary cap space (if any) according to who they see cut that they might want to acquire.

As for a proposed FA structure (assuming they are separate) for the next season I would say have all cuts made prior to the rookie draft, draft the rookies, then after a period of time TBD have either an auction draft for the FAs using next year's FAAB (my preference), or just use the FAAB waiver system already in place but allow plenty of time for everyone to evaluate and bid on existing FAs as a one-time acquiring during the preseason. So either open auction or sealed bid can be done. Just fleshing out the idea more for all of yous who care (probably no one!).

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I didn't think too much of it at the time when I forgot we still have Thursday night games. My intention was to monitor Watt's hand status until game time and if necessary swap in Donald to DL and Burfict to DP. Now it looks like that mistake is gonna cost me the win ufff. At least I was right about Markus Wheaton!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Doubt it because David Johnson is good/Eagles are bad. I hope Swedes gets 176 so I don't feel bad about my gently caress up!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Swarmin Swedes posted:

There you go wouldn't want you to have to stew all offseason.

If I am gonna lose, I wanna get destroyed so there is no doubt! I had the points to win on the bench, but I would have had to sat Ivory to do it and that wasn't ever going to happen. I can still possibly win a few bux though!

Also I got curious and decided to take a peek at the top scorers so far this year. My team's highest scorer is last compared to all others, and it is Posluszny LOL. I should be a drat magician because if there was ever a smoke and mirrors job this was it.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 23, 2015

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

I was soooo close to swapping Cox in for Suh, gently caress me.

Not a whole lot of a sweat coming to start Monday, but the possibility is there! Woulda been nice if DGB didn't roll a goose egg though =/

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Victory is mine!

I mean... third place victory. Well played, Chen Kenichi. I'm glad I beat you by enough that playing Ben over Brock didn't cost you the match, because that would have been painful.

What a weird weekend of football. I'll post full and final results tomorrow, but keep your eyes out for the stat corrections coming on Thursday morning, which will finish out our season. In the meantime, I don't see an obvious way to lock teams, but:

Yeah Ben was a real let down this week. Nothing could be done because this is fantasy! Still feel good about my roster for the upcoming years so we will have to see how that goes.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Thanks y'all, guess my team shows luck works better than skill for fantasy, considering I ended up with David Johnson and Jordan Reed being my biggest scorers down the stretch.

I kept on getting Jordan Reed for the past two years, and each time he has underperformed. This year I stayed far far away and he had his boom season I expected for the other two.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Random safeties and CBs have the potential for a splash individual point day due to the pick 6 factor. One of those and your DB pretty much has a 20+ point day. LBs will be more consistent over a year (~15pt/wk for the best ones) but usually won't get that huge day UNLESS they are already on a team because they are good to begin with.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
This is mostly just football season entertainment for me so 3/6 bux won't kill me. Site looks clean and appears to do what we need so I am fine with it.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
All I know is we should get draft positioning set in stone ASAP. I am interested in moving back into the first round and wondering where everyone will be at.

Bah who am I kidding we won't actually draft for 4 months - I miss my FF :(

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 28, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
The rules say the rookie/free agent draft should be non-snake the first two rounds, and then snake on round 3+. We traded draft picks on that basis, too. But, I still don't know if MFL actually supports that - which means probably it'll need to be a manual draft. Which I'm OK with. So would you rather:
Manually draft, following the rules as stated

2. Are you OK with the current salary assignments for players drafted in the rookie/free agent draft?
I would like to see all rounds 2+ to be 12, 8, 4, 2, 2, 2.... respectively instead of what they are currently set at. This is to make our salary cap be more of a factor in the far future. Also adding to this thought is...

3. Should we go ahead and have taxi squads?
Yes

4. If we have taxi squads, should we create rules for stealing players off of other team's taxi squads?
Yes

5. If we have taxi squads, how many slots should they have?
6 players minimum. A large squad would allow for the extra drafting of defensive personnel to stash here until performance is proven one way or another. I would like to see 8 myself. In the same realm (and basing off of an 8 player squad) I also believe that taxi squads should be a one year thing for most players so in the same realm only 2 taxi squad players can be held on the squad from year to year and none more than 2 years (allowing for QBs and developmentals to get a year+ before committing but not making an extended no-cost bench), others have to be rostered or dropped before the start of the next year. (flexible on discussion - could do 4 for one year, 2 for two years, none past that maybe? do not like forever squads though)

6. Should we change the fees and prize payouts of the league this year? It's currently $25 dues, with prize payouts to first, second, and third places, plus the winner of the consolation bracket.
No opinion for/against. Willing to up the stakes to pretty much whatever if agreed upon.

7. Are you OK with the current scoring?
Yes

8. When should we unlock rosters, permitting players to be dropped? Note that all dropped players become eligible for the free agent/rookie draft.
After all teams have completed their third preseason game sounds like a pretty logical place?

9. When should we do the rookie/free agent draft? Please list several dates/times that you would be available, and any specific dates/times you are definitely not available. Please include your time zone.
Pretty much available any weeknight and any weekend day or night through the time period. CST

10. How long should we wait to see if Kazak_Hstan is still alive before we replace him?
Not responding to any emails/PMs/whatever? Ummm I say line up a replacement ASAP on contingency until the drop period starts. I assume we can work out trades during that window so an active owner should be in place at that time.

11. Do you want to reorganize the three divisions? If so, what scheme do you propose?
Fine as it is, not opposed to reorganizing if others wish it.

12. Any other league rules or procedures you want to change?
Other than the taxi squad stuff nothing really. Do we want to amend the FAAB rules about dropping personnel then rebidding them like I did with Luck last year? Something like 'If a player is dropped within 48 hours of a waiver pickup deadline the dropping owner cannot bid on the player dropped' ? I do not believe we have a provision in place yet from my scan through the league rules.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I was unaware that suspended guys can go on IR. Is this normal business and I missed it?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Are we open for trading now? I've got an itchy trigger finger for making offers!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Sent the $2.92 a couple of minutes ago so should be good to go.

atomictyler posted:

My first round pick (7th overall) is up for trade if anyone is interested. I can package that with a player for a WR if possible. If not I'm also willing to trade for lower picks.

Definitely interested. Sent a not-a-trade to you for some ideas about your interests if any.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Ahah, I found it, and yes indeed: right now we have IR set to permit suspended players.

This is our league rules:

So, I'm fixing this now. Surprise! If you think we should get to have suspended guys on IR, speak up and we can do a vote (I'd be in favor of it, but I immediately benefit because of Bell).

This immediately affects me, the Second Round Kickers (Josh Gordon), and the Hawk Hunters (Martavis Bryant).

...how did it work on ESPN? Anyone remember?

I believe it works the same way as common feeling is that a player's transgressions should not force you to sacrifice another player to cover them while suspended. I am neutral on the question pretty much so whatever consensus is I am fine with.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

gently caress. loving gently caress.

Want to trade for Latavius Murray?

Also looking at the MFL draft page it appears there is a voice/video chat built into the interface? Anyone with experience with this at all?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Did we end up with the ability to steal a taxi squad player from another team as long as you start them? If so how do I do that because I want to steal Fuller off of Gridiron Chefs. How do I initiate that process? He still gets the opportunity to promote him to a starting role right?

I will be taking care of this later today so you won't need to force me to promote him to the squad. Knew he was legit, but didn't expect production opposite Nuke right out of the gate. Anyone want a slightly used Funchess, DGB, or Rishard for a draft pick to make the decision easier for me speak up!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Right now IR would be a pretty solid fantasy football team! This year is gonna be the year of the waiver wire bid wars!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I started the season with five starting running backs. I now have one and a half depending on Chris Ivory's status. FML.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Chen Kenichi posted:

I started the season with five starting running backs. I now have one and a half depending on Chris Ivory's status. FML.

To add to this I wish to take Jordan Howard off of Hawk Hunters' practice squad to start this week.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
edit: ok got it - the interface sucks so I have no idea who is getting sent what though!

vvv yeah that works - first time for everything - can someone confirm the message got received then?

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 29, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
OK I ended up posting something pretty much everywhere possible after not having a clue where things were on MFL, but I think I got it.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Also dammit MFL says start time for IND/JAC game is at 9:30.......I guess it reports all times as EST still because whoops!

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 2, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Trying out the zero starting RB strategy this week!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Given the state of the waiver wire for running backs, and the fact many of us are stashing RB3 and RB4s, Lacy as an RB1 is well worth it. I bid as much as I felt I could fit under my cap and it looks like it was just barely enough.

I saw the Green Bay game on Sunday night and Lacy was trucking dudes before he went out with a minor ankle issue. Starks seems to be pretty unproductive too, so I think GB's struggling with OL issues more than with Lacy being permanently bad now. And with Bell and Miller already on my roster, having Lacy as a flex option for good matchups - or to start over Lamar if he doesn't start producing better - seems like a good way to go for me. Especially with Sims on IR.

And speaking of all of that: can I interest anyone in a Travaris Cadet? His salary is just two dollars!

I was the 22 and thought about going as high as 30, but I could not justify it considering his action so far and next year's cap implications. 26 is never bad for a starting bellcow-ish RB that has been steamrolling when he gets the rock, but he needs to actually GET THE ROCK. Also considering I got $30 on IR right now I was unsure of just who I would need to trim looking ahead for draft cap space if I had him rostered at 30. A good pickup - one that I wanted but could not afford.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
My team is a drat dumpster fire. A dumpster fire that was 10-3 in the regular season last year........since then 1-7 loving christ.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

Oh thank god I forgot all about looking into this.

Also: Chen I have no idea what happened to your team. You shouldnt be losing like this.

ALL THE RBS ARE DEAD. No seriously I am starting Ajayi and Ivory this week. Losing Watt for the season isn't helping either considering he would be expected to sit top 25 in overall scoring and a +++ in positional value.

Leper I got you top of mind if I lose this week.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 23, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Oh I dont think that at all, but he was the only RB that I could even feasibly start with any sort of expectations when I picked him up. 205 was the fluke game, now here comes stat lines of 15/39/0 ahead

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
To white flag trade or not to white flag trade - that is the question. Sucks I had to win the last two so now poo poo got all cloudy again.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I have an Andrew Luck that would consider a new home to toss his footballs at.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Stevie Lee posted:

gently caress vontaze burfict

I did not even look until today to see how badly I lost....only to find out he is ABSOLUTELY BURFICT.

Now can someone explain to me how the gently caress am I leading the division?

Also all the gankage is pretty awesome.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

Titoons and Gridiron need to fix their lineups.

Titoons is optional because he is going against me.

Fixed mine yay.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Wow was sweating there for a while there. Needed Latavius to get like 5.70 pts and up until the 5:30 mark of the 4th I was behind, at one point by .08 points! Still not over I guess, but even a fumble is covered now WHEW.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

Do your job, Leper!

Gridiron needs to fix their lineup since he has like 5 guys playing Thursday.

R-E-L-A-X. I know I am kinda slow and all, but I get around to it!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

So of COURSE just hours later, Sims is announced as designated to return, so I could have kept Lacy on my IR. Ugh.

It isn't a guarantee, but his performance this year before he got hurt tells me to stash him and see how FA plays out going in to next year. 13 bux for a possible starter with decent production feels like a bargain to me, and if not an easy drop for space later on.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I am in the lead in something!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Who is the player of concern? RG3?

Edit: ah Teddy KGB

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 27, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

I'm feeling very nervous about Brandon Graham's ability to get me the win tonight. Supposedly Jared Cook should be really bad so I do have a chance, but I'm already in a hole (thanks to overtime last night, goddamnit, I was basically even until DT got a couple more catches during the fifth quarter) and Graham can turn in a 12-point game or a 2-point game, very easily.

I don't know what the gently caress happened to Antonio Gates, either. I didn't need a huge game, just you know... two or three basic catches would have been good enough. Either of Sanu or Boldin would have given me a much better shot, but Gates was projected about four points ahead of both of them.

I also feel bad and dumb about sitting Lee in favor of starting T.J. Ward. You always start Sean Lee; that's the rule and I broke it.

Sean Lee is a beast so you losing because of not starting him is just desserts. Now it needs to happen!

My choices at TE did suck though so I waivered in a hot hand hoping he gets another OK game of like 4/40 . Come on Jared Cook!

I did have Gates in another league give me a goose egg so I only won that one by 50 or so points =/

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Hey guys I hear Vontaze Burfict is pretty good :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

Oh cmon Gridiron, I actually had a chance at playoffs for fucks sake.

And then you had to go and do this.

Hey I am still losing right now! Honestly it does not look good for me. I just felt like pointing out dude had a 42.75 point day before any stat corrections for stuffs or whatever.

Edit: oh gosh I didn't realize CAP was inactive :o

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 4, 2016