Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I still don't get the Keuchly hate. Dude is 24 and will pull in 220-230 points per year for me. You had no problem paying double that for Lamar Miller who won't put up that many points. :shrug:

Also I look at my team now and think I must have been far drunker than I thought. But bidding on guys is just so much fun I couldn't stop myself :(

About IR: If a guy is suspended can I throw him on there? Is it an "If ESPN will let me I am allowed to do it" sort of thing?

Edit: Oh god I want to get on the Clowney train so loving hard but I expect him to get a dozen snaps at most on Sunday.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Stevie Lee posted:

what the gently caress was i doing last night

Entertaining everyone!

Also: I have to drop a dude in order to process waivers to get a dude to put on my IR. Right? Then pick up the dude I dropped again to fill my bench slot?

Is there a way to grab a dude off waivers direct to the IR slot? Because otherwise I'm double-paying for dudes that I already bought in the draft right?

Edit: I say dude a lot. Deal with it.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 9, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
ANSWER THE QUESTION BECAUSE I HAVE $99 MONEY AND NO BENJI.

but if I have to drop a dude, pick up Benji, then pick up the guy I dropped... then I only have $93 for Kelvin.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Honestly I'm not sure how ESPN handles it. By league rules, you are permitted to pick a guy up directly to Injured Reserve, but I don't know if ESPN actually allows that. We may have to experiment to find out, because the documentation is nonexistent.

This does not work. I have to drop someone from my bench to do it. I haven't yet because I'm unsure what the process was/will be. And then I have to re-draft the guy I just had for a few bucks.

So what do we do? Changing the league rules to not allow it would be a lot easier since ESPN is already coded that way.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
ESPN does not allow you to put SSPD players on the IR. Only O and designated IR players can go there which is how it should (and does) work in my opinion.

I'd be cool with just updating our rules to say "Need a free slot to pick up any player" since that's how ESPN is coded.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I accidentally joined a real league instead of a mock draft on espn and I have 81pts with 5 guys left.

I will be lucky to get 81 in this league.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah that wins.

So just flip the bench and starters completely next week. That is a sure thing!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Your bench already outscored leperfish.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Where the hell is the gif thread?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
When do the rookies come that are going to take my team from shitheap to amazing?

Edit: JFF doubled Peytons score. Shoot me.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

quote:

But no. His arm is a noodle that has soaked too long. It's mush. He's done.

Neg, he will still throw 25 touchdowns and 4000yds even when he gets traded to the raiders in 2019.

Side bet? Not about raiders, but peyton beating the Dalton line or whatever.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Greg Jennings was worth every penny. I just really liked hitting the Bid button :downs:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Bloody posted:

Yes and yes

Correct answers right here.

Make the rules work the way the application does because otherwise it'd be too tough to keep track of.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Anyone want Peyton? Leper has been talking him up, so you know he is worth brady or even dalton..

Edit: Or CJ Anderson who has me like 3pts so far this year.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
See? Dude can still chuck tds. Trade you straight up for Osweiler.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Ray finkle is making the rest of us look like retards.

Much like my running back, Tre Mason. 12yds. gently caress you, Tre.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I put DMV and LBJ on IR too.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Holy poo poo I just realized how terrible my team (and my management skill) is.

215 points for and 326 against.

Thank you, Bloody, for being somehow lower scoring than me.

Edit: Hey, Finkle. You ready for this week? Your gun is digging into my hip.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Who bought Luck for $140 again?

And I think its time i disembark from the Clowney train. 1 shared tackle at the half.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 27, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
If D Freeman lets me best Finkle I will be so happy. Dont even know his first name.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Hey Finkle. Whats the matter? Cant beat the lowest scoring dude?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Make him drop Gronk.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
But on a serious note:

He couldn't have placed both of those bids if the salary cap tied into ESPN's app. I'd probably say roll the bids back for them both. And then we have a 3-way tie for $2 for whoever the TE is.

Those 3 can blind-bid in an email to Leper or something in order to see who is allowed to pick him up.

Also on that note: If we do the above and Team McLean wins the bid for the TE the what can we do about the trade he and I just made? Roll it back since he never would have been looking desperately for a TE? Cancel it? Let it go through since we did actually hit ACCEPT to the thing?

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 30, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

The three-way tie would be resolved by the priorities list as normal, which if I'm reading the auction report correctly, would mean he'd go to McLean.. I'm not sure what to do about that trade either...

That makes way more sense.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I didnt realize we could edit everyones budget numbers like that. Thats a great idea.

Then we would have to keep track of (original 100 budget) minus (what was spent so far) and then if that was bigger than your salary cap we would need to keep that number somewhere so we dont lose it if/when you add or drop people.

Spreadsheet whiz can probably do that easily. If the spreadsheet spits out the numbers needed I would be willing to edit everyones faab budget on a twice or thrice weekly basis.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
We just add 10$. That would help by allowing you to bid $10 more than cap as long as your dropped player leaves you even.

Crappy scenario: cap space of 10 left, bid up to 20, but the guy dropped has to be a 10$. Dropping a 5$ guy instead, then only bid to 15$. Need more cash for a 3-man drop, just ask and someone will bump it up soon.

Still requires some thinking and spreadsheet checking, but might remind people cap space exists.

Just an idea.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
The only issue with adjusting the FAAB budget is that it doesn't take into account who you are dropping.

If you are dropping a guy worth $10 on your roster, you should be able to bid with that $10 in mind.

If we don't think of a way around that, then your max bid would strictly be "how much cap space do I have left" which isn't the correct amount. How does your current league tackle this? I agree we need to get this implemented ASAP, just want to do it right and allow people to get to their cap.

The edit at 1:58 was me I believe. I didn't actually edit anything, but I did try to do a search on the document and hosed up my CTRL+F, so had to delete the F that I typed into the doc.

Edit: No, it wasnt me at 1:58. My edits only become suggestions. Unsure what that edit was.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 1, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Gyshall posted:

well that sucks I guess but whatever. So we are NOT updating FAAB on the ESPN side?

How does your other league handle the dropped players cap space?

Just tell us how and if its brilliant or we can make it work we will 100% do it ASAP. Implementing crap is not something we want to do, so trying to talk it out but the only idea put forward so far is my 'add 10$ to the number' isnt generating much chatter.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
We are supposed to be trash talking here too so:

Percy Riots face looks like a butt and his parents dont love him.

I am pretty bad with trash talk. And I am too nervous that Forsett will continue his trend of 'suck dick for 4 quarters and run like a quadrapalegic' that he has been doing.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Can I outsource my trash talking from now on?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Picking a dude who explicitly stated he was retiring at year end was pretty risky for a dynasty.

Of course with the poo poo I drafted I shouldnt talk.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Chen Kenichi posted:

A stopgap until one or more of my young WRs got their legs under them, and I get his cap space for next year when I do not renew him.

This is smart. Me being drunk and thinking Mike Wallace is 24 is not.

Good on you.

And Leperfishy: Lamar Miller has more points than Keuchly if that makes you feel better. Granted, Keuchly has been concussed for 3 weeks...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Someone plz tell Brandon Marshall to stop.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Eat poo poo davante freeman

You have 2 defenders with 20 each. 17 tackles and 11tackles plus an int.

I have a guy with .5 of a tackle on my defense for 1.5 points.

I think you will survive...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I hate this game. Peyton did it again.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
This IR is killing me.

My dudes are Questionable all week. Then game day about 30 minutes before kickoff ESPN finally updates them to Out. Then the next day they will be Q again so I can't put them on my IR.

Frick.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I demand a redraft on account of my terrible team.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Hey Finkle, gently caress you. I legit don't have another WR on my team that isn't injured to put in the slot. I wanted Hankerson. Now I have to get fricken Heyward-Bey with a backup QB throwing at him.

:argh:

Alternatively: Someone trade me a WR before saturdays waivers go through.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
When do trades go through?

Do they only go 2x a week like waivers? Same dates/times as waivers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
^^^ I don't see it. I'm First Down Syndrome.

Roger that. I just didn't want to make a trade and then have waiver go through for Bey and then I don't need 2 WRs.

I'll need to have the trade approved quickly after waivers go through on saturday, provided I can find someone and agree on a trade.

CJ Spiller, Alfred Morris, Clowney, Clinton-Dix, Burnett... Anyone have any interest in them? Looking for a WR in the 7-8 points range. I just need to get through 3 weeks till Adams is back.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 7, 2015