Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love Pikmin and will play another one. just thought I'd share, have a nice day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
If they bring back dungeons I will play

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pikmin 4 the win. Well, I've said my piece.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i need to play the 3rd one

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Pikmin 4 the win. Well, I've said my piece.

agreed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

i need to play the 3rd one

It good. There may be just too many Pikmin types at this point, little bit bloated in 3. The final boss was an epic multi day struggle though and a very fun finale

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in pikmin 3 there were a lot of types but you also had the split captain roles. one dude has tasks that involve flying and water pikmin, the other with red and yellow etc.

pikmin 3 is so good but im still not sure how i felt about the whole multiple captains mechanic. pikmin 2 felt more solid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pikmin 2 also had multiple captains...?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Pikmin 2 also had multiple captains...?

yah but it was a convenience thing. like, the game wasnt designed around it, if you wanted to be more efficient you could split tasks but it was optional

pikmin 3 youre switching between captains pretty often, it was fun but i prefer pik1 and 2's style. idk

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i would still highly highly recommend pikmin 3 to everyone though. plus you can pick it up very cheap, maybe not in stores but through websites and people still selling leftover digital codes from the MK8 promotion

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You're crazy man, there's a lot of puzzles in 2 where you have to throw the other captain to take him to different parts of the level. 3 just added a third one so maybe it stuck out more in your mind

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
The people in charge of rendering juicy delicious fruits for these games are true gods

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that Pikmin 3 looks absolutely gorgeous throughout the entire game but every time you end a day and you watch the fruits get squeezed into a colorful juice, the framerate drops to single digits for no discernible reason

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I like that Pikmin 3 looks absolutely gorgeous throughout the entire game but every time you end a day and you watch the fruits get squeezed into a colorful juice, the framerate drops to single digits for no discernible reason

for some reason they went with really complex dynamic liquid physics for the fruit squeezes instead of canned animations. even on modern systems thats a lot of work for a computer.

ill never know why they went with that

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
That's just the Nintendo polish.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I remember as a kid Pikmin 2 got delayed like 3 times and I would always go to the game store every release day to find that out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Pikmin 2 box art is awesome

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Awesome, just awesome. I wonder if youll use a number of pikmin to pick something up in this game. Who says nintendo is just for babies?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I don't remembering encountering this lobster.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I don't remembering encountering this lobster.

its the crab thing with the white ball on its back i think...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

for some reason they went with really complex dynamic liquid physics for the fruit squeezes instead of canned animations. even on modern systems thats a lot of work for a computer.

ill never know why they went with that

it makes it look tastier

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im glad for the pikmen

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pikmen 1 and 2 were some of my favorite games as a kid and I'm very glad about this

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Awesome, just awesome. I wonder if youll use a number of pikmin to pick something up in this game. Who says nintendo is just for babies?

Lol

Soral
May 30, 2009

the roller boss that chased you through a bunch of floors of a dungeon before you could finally face it on the final floor in pikmin 2 was scary as heck

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Soral posted:

the roller boss that chased you through a bunch of floors of a dungeon before you could finally face it on the final floor in pikmin 2 was scary as heck

This is one of the all time greatest sources of gamer PTSD.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

This is one of the all time greatest sources of gamer PTSD.

Running from SA-X in Fusion :sweatdrop:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
When I was young I couldn't play OoT past the child link part because the redeads scared me too much... I started a new file every time I got there.

Then my brothers friend got my file past them and saved. True gaming bro.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

This plus Nemesis in RE3

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Ah jeez.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I didnt know Pikmin 3 was popular enough to get a sequel, seems like most people didnt give a poo poo about it. Good news though, i had a great deal of fun with the game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Austrian mook posted:

I didnt know Pikmin 3 was popular enough to get a sequel, seems like most people didnt give a poo poo about it. Good news though, i had a great deal of fun with the game.

miyamoto cares

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think any Pikmin game is particularly successful, but they keep making them because I love Nintendo

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I love pik min

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Pikmin 2 is like 80$ now so Im obviously not the only gamer who loves the pikmin.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pikmin

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Soral posted:

Zoq-Fot-Pikmin

Mm.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

it makes it look tastier