Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well, I didn't see that one coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
By the power of Grayskull, I am bumping this thread. There's a lot of good fantasy manga running right now and I've been sitting on some that recently have been updating again.

Touge Oni got it's latest volume translated and there's one hell of an opening for this one.

For those who need a quick refresher The gang had traveled to Izumo to converse with the one of the chief dieties of Japan Okuninushi. This revealed to them that in order to find our missing Dragon kami they would need to traverse to the actual moon. The volume opens with a pretty metal interpretation of the Kuni-yuzuri, or "transfer of Land" that happened between the terrestrial kami and the heavenly kami. It's also interesting that the kami of earth have animal forms but the kami of the heavens are human bodyparts. Might be related to the ability for humans to become immortal space farers known as Tensin as well as the most recent chapters intrigue about the curse of the oni Since the translators only work with volumes there will be new chapters weekly for the next month or so before the wait for the next volume resumes.

Also updating weekly is the newest volume of Radiant. This one is actually a french graphic novel that received an anime adaptation a couple years back. Great visuals and plotting I really like the MC because Seth really earns his progress as a character. The story isn't gunshy about the biggotry within the setting either as magically capable people are the results of being more or less cursed by vagrant monsters known only as Nemesis, something that's already a death sentence as mere contact kills most people instantly. Seth himself has grown up always on the run with his surrogate mother dealing with societies general fear of him. One aspect of this is boiling over in the current volumes and we're in the fire nation arc of the story where we see how things are within the territory of the main antagonists against wizards and the like, the inquisition.

:allears: I really love most of the characters in this story. Especially senile Gandalf.

Last so this post doesn't go full :words: is a new series. Re Cervin. It's 6 chapters in so far but the story focuses around a princess/priestess and the man claiming to be her father as they seek help in the aftermath of a calamity that has left their kingdom in ruins as an ancient dragon was unleashed and a great magical fire was summoned to contain it for the time being. Trouble is, the young girl has no memory of the man claiming to be her father at all, presumably as the price for her part in containing the beast.

Anyone read/reading any interesting series?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I had assumed this thread was already archived, with everybody moving to the real isekai threads.

The Dragon, the Hero, and the Courier is one of the best currently running fantasy comedies. Probably second place even, after dungeon food.

Stravaganza also got an update recently. If you can take those quick jumps between badass, wholesome and horny.

e: Oh, and heterogeneous linguistics is also still running. Another masterpiece.
https://mangadex.org/title/bd29a3d0-9551-45e3-b1ac-941214e535b5/heterogeneous-linguistics

VictualSquid fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 18, 2022

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
The Unwanted Undead Adventurer just got greenlit for an Anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxUhwthVdKU

Details here,

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-04-17/the-unwanted-undead-adventurer-light-novels-get-tv-anime/.184739

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

VictualSquid posted:

Stravaganza also got an update recently. If you can take those quick jumps between badass, wholesome and horny.

After the brutality that was the last two volumes of Stravanga it's nice to just have some epilogue chapters that are relatively peaceful barring one epic beatdown. I'd heard the author had retired after Stravaganza but clearly that was wrong because they started up a series in 2020 called Sinner of the Azure Abyss which is currently in scanlation limbo but we have about 2 volumes of chapters available. It's got mermaids and romance with humans and I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

For stravangza I'm less interested in what is coming next

I don't japan. I really don't.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Brought To You By posted:

After the brutality that was the last two volumes of Stravanga it's nice to just have some epilogue chapters that are relatively peaceful barring one epic beatdown. I'd heard the author had retired after Stravaganza but clearly that was wrong because they started up a series in 2020 called Sinner of the Azure Abyss which is currently in scanlation limbo but we have about 2 volumes of chapters available. It's got mermaids and romance with humans and I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

For stravangza I'm less interested in what is coming next

I don't japan. I really don't.

Stravaganza kind of lost me after the initial SoL chapters. Wish it had stayed that instead of the weird war arc we got to be honest.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dark Gathering is still very good. It's all about ghost hunting. They're all trying to collect more and more powerful ghosts to confront the one that stole their ghost expert's mom.

It's a fight manga, and it'll get really gory too, fair warning if you're not looking for that.

Mieruko-chan is also a good manga. Not quite a battle one like Dark Gathering is though.

A High School girl named Miko is suddenly able to see ghost abominations and is doing her best to maintain a poker face because these things are all terrifying but god only knows what would happen if she reacted to their presence as well.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

doomrider7 posted:

Stravaganza kind of lost me after the initial SoL chapters. Wish it had stayed that instead of the weird war arc we got to be honest.
I thought the catastrophe stuff was initially interesting but then they introduced DBZ-rear end looking villains and I was not very interested in that

but then they also had the giant ladies with literal giant iron tenderizer fist weapons just beating the poo poo out of entire legions of troops which was very cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Not sure where else to post this but the Webtoon(?) Dungeon house has set its latest episode in D.C. I live in the area and I don't think the author has ever seen a movie with D.C. in it, much less a picture of the place. A famously flat city filled with skyscrapers, with a good line of sight to the capitol building. I can at least write off the second sequence as taking place in ex-D.C. aka Alexandria.