Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Superstring posted:

They're gnomes. With her stocky build, metal knowledge, and strength Namari's definitely a dwarf.
+ Warrior class
+ bushy hair just like Senshi

+ we've already seen a female halfling and dwarf in that other party that keeps dying

Jackard fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

So does this mean all the creatures they've been eating still have souls attached to them?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn they're employing the sentience distinction here where plants and animals aren't on the same spiritual level as humans, dwarfs, elves, etc.

Those fish dudes though...

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Here's a four page special of Dungeon Meshi in which the party explores the most dangerous dungeon of all.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Mygna posted:

Here's a four page special of Dungeon Meshi in which the party explores the most dangerous dungeon of all.

Perfect. :allears:

Incidentally, has anyone thought of starting a D&D game based on this setting? I'm totally in love with the dungeon in this, and think it'd be a really fun adventure. There'd have to be special rules to account for edible monsters, though.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

DrSunshine posted:

Incidentally, has anyone thought of starting a D&D game based on this setting? I'm totally in love with the dungeon in this, and think it'd be a really fun adventure. There'd have to be special rules to account for edible monsters, though.

I'd play in this.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

tbh a tabletop set in toriko's world would be super fun too

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
If you tweaked rests to be based on eating instead of taking time off and had the DM push for players to rp cooking and recipes, It'd work well in most D&D editions and similar ones like Torchbearer or Dungeon World.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

We talked about it briefly in the chat thread but stalled out on the logistics.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Dungeon World makes like no sense for a Dungeon Meshi game without significant homebrew and at that point you might as well play a different game entirely. Not that D&D would really work better.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I could see GURPS Dungeon Fantasy being a good base for a Dungeon Meshi campaign. But the game would also need some front loading of monster carves and their nutritional values whatever system you would use.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Just look through the Monster Manual and add some kind of modifier to every monster if prepared and eaten!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Uh, so what happened to Dungeon Meshi? There wasn't a new chapter in like 3 months.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Uh, so what happened to Dungeon Meshi? There wasn't a new chapter in like 3 months.

I believe it's monthly, and there was one in December, just none in January for whatever reason. Hopefully new chapter this month?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
There should be one really really soon, a chapter itself's going to release on the 15th this month.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
http://bato.to/reader#09c91236f16b0bbc_1

New chapter of Dungeon Meshi.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
This was a good chapter.

Garbage bag frogsuit was funny

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
This panel looks like something out of the mangaka's short story collections, I kinda want to show it to someone out of context and ask them what's going on. :allears:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

That chapter owned.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
There's so much funny in that picture, I cannot stop laughing. They just put Chilchak in a patchwork sack. And Senshi's beard cannot be contained by no frog suit.

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
I'm expecting a Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad edit at some point.

I didn't realise Dungeon Meshi was monthly. I assume the previous quick scans were due to it having a few volumes out before anyone picked it up?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm dead

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

You're doing God's work.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Haha oh my god.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

:allears:

Feoffic
Feb 13, 2012

NAME REDACTED posted:

You're doing God's work.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Just so we're clear, in case the source has somehow gone unnoticed, Huzzah! was the one who made it, not I.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

That chapter owned.

I wish the joke outfits in Monster Hunter were as good as this.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

That latest chapter of Dungeon Meshi was so fantastic. I hope it gets a US release soon, I totally wanna buy it!

Nina-san's Magic Life is a manga about an apprentice going to study with a magical witch in the woods, and it is quite magical.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New Delicious Dungeon!

In which we go outside the dungeon to the outer world, and learn some LORE. Yay!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

New Delicious Dungeon!

In which we go outside the dungeon to the outer world, and learn some LORE. Yay!

There's only one logical conclusion to a manga where the party tries to eat everything they fight. They're going to eat the immortal sorcerer.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK5fZnz3VeI

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

New Delicious Dungeon!

Kiki (or was it Kaka?) -- the female twin -- is kinda nice! I've always liked these sort of calm, narrow-eyed characters. :3:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
These adventurers all need goddamn therapy probably. Job sounds traumatizing.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Artificer posted:

These adventurers all need goddamn therapy probably. Job sounds traumatizing.

What, you think normal, decent folk become murder hobos?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Is the credits fanart styled like Etrian Odyssey?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Captain Invictus posted:

New Delicious Dungeon!

What I got from this chapter: loving elves ruin everything, as they always do :argh:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
And they're ugly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mikl posted:

What I got from this chapter: loving elves ruin everything, as they always do :argh:

And the dwarves, always delving too greedily and too deep, had nothing to do with it all. :rolleyes: