Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
For a skill based non-target PVP system, that combat looks really awful. Shame as it sounds rather promising

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I assume theyre just "delaying" the launch so they can sell more copies on their website without Steam taking their cut. On the Steam forums for the game, the devs are telling people its delayed while they make more servers to handle the influx of players, but then telling people if they want to play it, goto their site and buy it for instant access using their old launcher and theyll get given a steam key when it releases on Steam early access, so its not like theyre trying to keep players from coming in while they sort their servers.

Dunno how much Steam would frown upon that

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 9, 2016

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I might aswell give it an install and see if its any different from a year ago

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Really? I thought it has definitely improved a bunch from last time I played which was probably a year ago. Obviously with 5 guys developing it or whatever its never going to be the next AAA MMO but alot of the jankyness was gone for me even though the servers were getting hammered.
I got in a PVP fight with a dude who went outlaw or something and it was pretty smooth, no rubberbanding or weird hit detection problems. I rubberbanded a couple times when running around the world when I played, but over 2 hours thats no biggie. The crafting seemed pretty good although seems to benefit groups where you can feed all your resources into a few guys so they can get high levels for better weapons & procs. The Steam version was about 20x faster at downloading the game than the old launcher which is cool.

My main gripes from playing today were that the NPC AI sucks and the combat animations are awful and have almost no feedback so it doesn't really feel like you're hitting stuff, but hey its an Early Access game and they've explicitly said those are both areas they are going to work on so maybe it'll get better on that front.

Overall its a hell of alot better than half the Early Access games I've currently got and it was only $10 when I bought it.

• Locked thread