Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So which of these glut of early access pvp sandbox mmos will fail first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Babe Magnet posted:

This game won't ever launch so it doesn't count

If it does launch Bannerlord will happen like a week later and grind this poo poo into dust

using that metric none of these games count

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Wise Learned Man posted:

I forgot this existed over a year ago, but it's apparently hitting Steam Early Access next week. I hope it has improved. I'm going to be disappointed, aren't I? :ohdear:

Will a full loot pvp fantasy mmo be fun, magicv 8 ball says don't count on it

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Meatsicle posted:

This game is kinda fun and seems really good for an EA title with 7 people on the dev team. Why does this thread poo poo on it so much?

Because this is the next corpse on the pile of poo poo and run EA open world full loot pvp mmos

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Alexander DeLarge posted:

There hasn't been that many.

Darkfall (2007)
Mortal Online (2008)
Albion Online (2014)
Uh... Salem/Tree of Life? (2012/2015)

The 12 years of MMO tourism across the dozens of AAA themeparks where people seem to think "this is going to be the one I fall in love with, because it has INSTANCED HOUSING/NO TAB TARGETING/*insert gimmick*" should get way more poo poo than the PVP gankbox.

archeage
black desert
every OP you have made in mmohmo
crowfall
camelot unchained
link realms
shards online
chronicles of elyria
das tal

then if you want to be a little more generous you could add all the rust clones and dayz clones

• Locked thread