Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Skoll posted:

I really didn't like Chiv's combat. War of the Roses was a lot better melee engine, it was like Warband Advanced.

You are quite possibly the only other person I've ever seen who thought this. I also preferred War of the Roses combat engine by a wide margin, but everybody else I've talked to seems to take that as blasphemy, as if Chivalry superiority were a universal truth. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Skoll posted:

You sound like you got murdered a lot in WotR and then rage quit. :smug:

It's actually a compliment, Orv plays many bad games that he hates.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

My favorite thing in War of the Roses was when that patch hit that made Bleeds really good and most of the tryhards were running a kit focused on bleeding you.

So I took the "bad" perk that made you immune to bleeds in exchange for also not being able to bandage yourself, grabbed a big rear end sword and went Conan the Barbarian on their asses. Sure, I'd eventually die from the lack of healing, but the rage was worth it and you could cut through so many people before they finally killed you with a death of a thousand cuts.

I never really did have issues facing cavalry in WotR, either. You could pretty much sidestep them and kill their horse if you couldn't get a clean shot at the rider. Or if it was a team composed of a bunch of cavalry, run that crossbow with the level that gives it one loading notch but a full reload if you hit it and bathe in the tears of their fallen.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

CoffeeBooze posted:

Can a game really be dead if it hasnt even released yet?

Of course, it's basically an abortion. :pseudo:

• Locked thread