Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
Their launcher, patching and account systems are so cumbersome that every time I think "I should see how that's doing" I stop myself about half way to it being playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Dunno, I'll give it a try sometime this week since it'll be patching through Steam instead of their servers in Uzbekikrastan or wherever.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's not been 10 hours since they were supposed to launch but yeah it sounds like it's still bumjumped.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Shocking news friends!

It's bad.

Orv
May 4, 2011
War of the Roses was loving terrible. The same way M&B MP is actually awful. Cavalry. Also the armor glance or whatever they called it system was garbage.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Skoll posted:

Yeah, I've noticed orv has a lovely opinion in half the game threads I've bookmarked, but always entertaining to read. The glancing armor poo poo sounds more like you were trying to be a 1337 no scope archer and kept picking the wrong arrow heads.

No, I'd hit someone in the face or chest with a sword and the little icon would pop up and invalidate what I'd done. It's a bad system.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That's not fun though? At least personally, I never put in the hundreds of hours that the big M&B MP/WotR people so I was just barely able to compete with the super nerds and that may have dragged that down for me. If Chivalry is the lowest common denominator then god bless lowest common denominators for not making you waste twenty hours before you can have fun. Of course Chivalry has its own melee abuses that have basically killed it as well so maybe there's a different lesson at play there.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That's fair, I do honestly wish I had liked it better, it was less clunky than M&B and the loadout system was better thought out, though the leveling aspects were probably part of the problems of being able to have what I needed at all times.

Now Lead and Gold, there was a gem no-one played. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Huh, that looks almost like a video game instead of several piles of garbage in a trench coat masquerading as a video game.

Shame about it being dead already.

• Locked thread