Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I back this game with the full 40 or 50 they were looking for a year or more ago. I haven't played in awhile, the ping in the US and the invisible mobs made the game un playable. If goons want to jump into this game, I am down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

They also just doubled the map, the EQ2 thing is kinda dieing down, might give me a chance to patch up GV and check it out.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Bleh still only 2 races and no females....

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Alexander DeLarge posted:

It's based on Medieval Europe so outside of Northern African content (which may or may not happen, I'm not sure), Nordic and various monarchies, there isn't much to add.

They have 4 planed races from what I can tell, I think one is Arab. The Turks loved to invade eastern Europe.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about those. They're going to add naval travel and combat so you'll be able to travel to a separate continent likely containing the Arab/Egyptian-inspired content

That what I am really waiting on, I will probably make a Arab once they come out. I hope your not going to be locked out on joining guilds because of you race.

I will use Uziduke as my in game name, till or if they add females and then I will make Lilithia.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

So do we wan to make a Goon guild for this pre alpha? Guilds are not race locked. I logged on and hosed around some.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Jimlit posted:

Yeah there really isn't much to do at the moment outside of crafting, grinding mobs, and ghost capping enemy positions.

The state of the game at the moment is basically a tightnit crew of level 100 GV diehards getting into dick waving contests and steam rolling new players. Nobody really engages in the territory control aspects from what I've seen. For inctance the last few weeks I've seen midlanders owning everything but the isamir farm with no resistance.

The lack of auction/low population makes it almost vital that you take up crafting which requires a massive investment in time if you want to make anything decent.

All of that being said it's a very promising game and all of those issues can be chocked up to pre-alpha. At $10 its worth picking up in my opinion as the devs have been releasing huge ammounts of content the last few months.

Sounds like Goons vs the rest of EVE to me.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

I am waiting for Arabs, Females, and the assassin skill line to be unlocked. I also wonder if duel wield will be a thing, not sure if it is right now.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Game is now in Alpha, with wiped alpha servers. I think they fixed guilds now and they added more combat skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Can I make a female Arab yet?

• Locked thread