Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I'm convinced all new mmohmo threads are dedicated to my shameful alpha purchases.

This game is cool though. It's like sombody took mount and blade persistant world and ramped the scale up 400%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Uziduke posted:

So do we wan to make a Goon guild for this pre alpha? Guilds are not race locked. I logged on and hosed around some.

guilds don't work at the moment

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

blueberrysmith posted:

I read that a server wipe is imminent. Probably wait for that to happen before I put too much time into this. Anything that's worth exploring though? Seems like your basic grinder so far with crafting being kind of important. Is there a cap on what you can learn or can you eventually do it all?

Yeah there really isn't much to do at the moment outside of crafting, grinding mobs, and ghost capping enemy positions.

The state of the game at the moment is basically a tightnit crew of level 100 GV diehards getting into dick waving contests and steam rolling new players. Nobody really engages in the territory control aspects from what I've seen. For inctance the last few weeks I've seen midlanders owning everything but the isamir farm with no resistance.

The lack of auction/low population makes it almost vital that you take up crafting which requires a massive investment in time if you want to make anything decent.

All of that being said it's a very promising game and all of those issues can be chocked up to pre-alpha. At $10 its worth picking up in my opinion as the devs have been releasing huge ammounts of content the last few months.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Orv posted:

Their launcher, patching and account systems are so cumbersome that every time I think "I should see how that's doing" I stop myself about half way to it being playable.

Yeah, the day I can patch it in under 17 hours I'll check it out.

• Locked thread