Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
http://steamcommunity.com/id/grognan let's do some games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Updated the OP with relevant information about release and the Usurpers DLC. If anyone has something else I should add or if the mechanics are unclear, let me know.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
The descriptions of the new heroes are good.
One thing I would add, though, is a warning to avoid the GoG version since it seems that it's not getting supported (for example, no Usurpers) by the devs unlike the Steam version.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

Done.

Also, I'm available after 9 P.M. most nights for Armello. I have a new kid, so I won't be consistently there. Worth a shot though.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I would be down to do more Armello at some point, especially if we can get a regular group of four going on a whatever-ly basis.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The devs do streams regularly and they're very entertaining.

https://www.twitch.tv/leagueofgeeks

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I would very much be up for Goon Armello.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Alright gently caress it, let's do this up in good olde goon organization fashion.

Any weekends everyones got free that wants to play on the regular? :v:

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Orv posted:

Alright gently caress it, let's do this up in good olde goon organization fashion.

Until January I'm up for Sundays. Just set up a goon group and throw up posts or something.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Anyone out there play this on ps4 still? Great change of pace game for me, love jumping in once in a while.
Add me on psn if keen TG_Chronocide

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Orv posted:

I'm sometimes free on weekends; my schedule is a bit weird lately. http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaethela/ is my Steam profile, add me and just pester me when things are happening.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I'm available most Saturday nights for drunk Armello

Also, I updated the OP again. I keep thinking more of the art needs to be shown off, so I go and get more of it. They really did do a good job creating a feel for this game.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Sargon is hilariously good. Being able to cherry-pick the best draws every turn owns, especially when you have a gigantic hand size.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

Ghor has to be my favorite at the moment. Being a weak, stupid looking bear and then changing into a tree wizard the instant I step into a forest feels good, man. The forest is mine, motherfuckers.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Here I did a thing as suggested http://steamcommunity.com/groups/goonmello

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Joined as Rhapscallion

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
Joined as CHOLO BORDEAUX. It would be nice to play a game without randos dcing

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Joined as Nepeta Leijon. Looking forward to drunken Goonmello!

Orv
May 4, 2011
I made an event for this coming Saturday at 9PM EST/1AM GMT cause I don't know where any of ya'll motherfuckers are, if people don't show up for that (or you yell in here about it long enough beforehand) we can try other times.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm afraid, barring a miracle, I won't make it tonight, making me the worst rear end in a top hat. Sorry folks. We can try again tomorrow or next week, depending on peoples times, or if enough of you do show up play anyway.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

This game is great and I'm glad as I bought it blind. I particularly like that they use the advantages of not being an actual board game for secret moves and invisible units and such, which sucks as a real life version would have been a rad thing to own.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Joined as Nebiros.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Made another event for this evening, check your Steam.

Also went ahead and made everyone a moderator so you can all make events.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

My plans for tonight fell through, so I should be able to make this one.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I'll probably miss this one as its Monday morning and I'm still jetlagged, but next weekend definitely.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Get in the group chat you junkhogs.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well two of us played a game with randoms and it was great. I added everyone in the group as a friend on Steam so I can yell at you directly next time it's time.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's short notice but it's longer notice than the random event I made and didn't tell anyone about, so there's now one for tomorrow evening at 5PM PST/8PM EST/GooglePM GMT.

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
I might be able to play. If we get a full goon-game, would people be interested in trying custom rules? I kinda wanna try Stronger Guards, rando-follower at start, and remove the Stranger. Would be happy just to play default mode tho

Orv
May 4, 2011
This coming Sunday at 5PM PST/8PM EST/GooglePM GMT.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I am very much up for a game tonight, I'm GMT based but don't mind staying up if we can get a bunch of goons together.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I should be free for a game tonight depending on time.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I found this game in a sale (https://www.nuuvem.com/item/armello) and Im almost buying just cause it looks so cute, but it is really good?

How is the single player experience? Seems like a good game for MP but I rarely play anything MP, Im more like a loner gamer

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

I found this game in a sale (https://www.nuuvem.com/item/armello) and Im almost buying just cause it looks so cute, but it is really good?

How is the single player experience? Seems like a good game for MP but I rarely play anything MP, Im more like a loner gamer

It's really fun if you play with a group, preferably with constant shittalking. SP is the exact same game as MP but against the computer, and... it's not a super great experience. The AI can be kinda stupid and they have a weird tendency to focus you down to the exclusion of everything else.

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Don't come onto the forums much, but when I do, I find out there is a Goon Group for everything!

YAY FOR ARMELLO SHENANIGANS!

So glad I bought this game on sale, it plays great for a digital board game and has made me want to read the Redwall books again.

Orv
May 4, 2011
We'll have to give it yet another try, we only got a couple games in due to scheduling, and I'm not sure how much that can be.. Armelliorated. gently caress me and everything I stand for.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I would really like to play more with goons. I promise not to play River and get bullshit wins this time. :v:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

How hard is this game for folks that aren't pro board-gamers?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

tokenbrownguy posted:

How hard is this game for folks that aren't pro board-gamers?

Everything is automated, which makes it way easier than an IRL boardgame. The rules/cards take some getting used to, but it's a pretty easy game to pick up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Also, even if you know you're going to lose horribly, you still get plenty of chances to be an absolute gently caress and completely derail someone else's sure win. Sometimes you'll have so much success being an absolute gently caress that you accidentally place yourself in a position to potentially win the game. It's like a cross between Game of Thrones and the animated Robin Hood movie, except everything is ruled by Murphy's Law and everyone is an insane rear end in a top hat.

It's pretty fun. The rules do take a couple of games to become familiar, but by the time that happens you're starting up another game before you even think about it, because there are a bunch of cards you haven't seen and maybe this time you'll try Marcurio and you've got another hour or two before you have to think about going to bed. Then, before you know it, the rules are second-nature and it's goddamn 2 in the morning.

• Locked thread