Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Considering that scene probably paid for the whole season, I really have no problem with it. It there is a dedicated 60 second scene to draft kings every episode, then its pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

It wasn't bad, there just wasn't much that was funny. Ruxin's rant at the end and Taco, of course, loving the wife was the highlight, but the whole condom subplot, deflation jokes, etc seems like they were really struggling in the writers room. Hopefully next week gives us Rafi and Dirty Randi part 3.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

SaltLick posted:

I wonder why they are trying to shoehorn all the product placement this season compared to others

A lot of shows turn to that in their waning seasons to make up for budget shortfalls. Subway has funded entire seasons of shows like Chuck and Community. Also, I thought the Draft Kings plug this episode was actually funny.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

wizardstick posted:

Nobody else pointed out that Ellie's teacher was the psych ward nurse from 'When Rafi Met Randi'?

Hence the joke about her previous job.

People mentioned it, but it was also pretty obvious.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Holy poo poo, did they make a Lebatard show reference with the Philip Rivers looks like a 1950s soda jerk line?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Calling it that Kevin wins. Anyone else got bets?

Coin flip team.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

swickles posted:

Coin flip team.

Suck it shitsippers. :smug:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Final scene is worth it for the viewing alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Same. I'm going to miss the Rafi character. Anyone know of anymore good tv shows with that actor and him portraying a similar type character?

He was one like 2 episodes or Parks and Rec and had a Rafi esque character.

• Locked thread