Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Have you guys not met Margaret?

The Duke posted:

Somebody kill someone, I WANT TO SEE A GHOST!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
I dunno what you guys were talking about, the one that aired this week was the worst episode of the show I've ever seen. I didn't think the whole "Ellie getting bullied and her parents laughing at her/dad bonding with the bully to pump him for material" element was in the least bit funny, nor was the teacher blatantly putting her down at the end of the episode. It was genuinely pretty hosed up and not in the "haha, that's twisted!" kind of way that the show often does so well. Like, is this supposed to be the beginning of some arc where Ellie kills herself or something?

I did crack up when the teacher pulling the little tab in Ellie's book caused Pete's head to come up behind book-Kevin on the "man on man" page, so at least there's that.

One before it was fine; not great, but not terrible. Ruxin pretending to be beard-Jewish was a pretty decent running gag, and I like the setup of tubes tied vs vasectomy as end of season stakes for Kevin/Jenny. Although aren't vasectomies normally waaay more common (less invasive/chance of complication)?

Pompous Rhombus fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 8, 2015

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
"rrrr, you're so cute I wanna wear your skin!"

"Pancakes for breakfast? ... chocolate chip?" from Ruxin was also priceless.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Yikes, not a good episode. This show really suffers without Ruxin*, the other characters are just all kinda putzes. I think this season is gonna get the Sacko.

*or Rafi

Solice Kirsk posted:

They better keep Meegan around for Andre. She was actually pretty funny in the couple of scenes she had.

I had a hard time with that, their insufferable energy just fed off each other.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
The TV IV › The League Season 1-6 Discussion Zone: Remember The Good Times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
OK, I don't know what I just watched, but it was better than everything that came before it this season.

• Locked thread