Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
That was loving terrible, easily the worst episode of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I dunno what you guys were talking about, the one that aired this week was the worst episode of the show I've ever seen. I didn't think the whole "Ellie getting bullied and her parents laughing at her/dad bonding with the bully to pump him for material" element was in the least bit funny, nor was the teacher blatantly putting her down at the end of the episode. It was genuinely pretty hosed up and not in the "haha, that's twisted!" kind of way that the show often does so well. Like, is this supposed to be the beginning of some arc where Ellie kills herself or something?

I did crack up when the teacher pulling the little tab in Ellie's book caused Pete's head to come up behind book-Kevin on the "man on man" page, so at least there's that.

One before it was fine; not great, but not terrible. Ruxin pretending to be beard-Jewish was a pretty decent running gag, and I like the setup of tubes tied vs vasectomy as end of season stakes for Kevin/Jenny. Although aren't vasectomies normally waaay more common (less invasive/chance of complication)?

Vascetomies are insanely more common, and like 1000x safer and easier to do. They can reverse themselves accidentally though, whereas "tubes tied" is basically sterilization.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

6-year plan man posted:

Watching this season the only thing I can think of is season 9 of scrubs, it doesn't deserve to be called the last season. I hope they have something great on deck for the last few episodes.

I don't think anyone knew that Kevin was going to be outed as a 9/11 liar and thus made him the focal point of the season.

But seriously, gently caress him, guy spent 10 years tell the same story unprompted and finally got caught on it and pulled a sob-story.

• Locked thread