Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Frostwerks posted:

Defensive players don't factor into the score at all right? Should be fantasy offense in that case.

You draft a defense for a whole team, so if anyone on that defense does something good or they do good as a whole you get points. Also there are leagues that play with a dedicated drafted defensive player, but those leagues are silly and stupid and probably also have a mandatory TE instead of a WR/TE flex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

I thought it was fun too, but yeah - fantasy soccer works pretty much exactly like fantasy football does. The leagues I played in weren't head to head though, it was just overall points scored for the weekend.

I was at a friends draft the other day, and somehow his league (NFL.com) defaulted to individual defence player which threw everyone as nobody knew what value you should put on the individual defence player.

I've always played in leagues that had TEs forced - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE Flex, 1K, 1DEF. Although in an ideal world, it'd be a 6 Kicker league.

Just like TE's, there are like 4 or 5 defensive players that are worth a drat. In my roommates league they typically go in the later rounds around when good defenses or kickers are getting picked.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is this the first time the show didn't do the draft in the first episode?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wish they worked in Goodell getting booed every time he showed his face during the draft. It was the single best thing to come out of the 2015 draft so far.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is the comedy forum of SomethingAwful.com. We don't do jokes here.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Was this the worst episode of the show to date? I don't think I laughed a single time. Almost laughed at Kevin screaming gently caress you at Taco and him saying that was already Ruxin's password though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hope the season ends with Andre winning the league again, marrying Meegan, and her giving away all his hats to the cleaning lady. Circle of life.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SaltLick posted:

I wonder why they are trying to shoehorn all the product placement this season compared to others

On their way out so who cares, get paid?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm thinking I'm just gonna let the DVR record all of these and binge through them after the season finale. They've been so bad that I really don't care about keeping up with them at all.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I was always partial to "tunnel buddies" myself.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They better keep Meegan around for Andre. She was actually pretty funny in the couple of scenes she had.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is the season he deserves then. They're gonna have him win the Shiva though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mortanis posted:

Hated everything with Andre, didn't care for Kevin's sex stuff, but anything with the courtroom was Golden Tate. Ruxin's evasions and argument with Kevin was amazing. Bonus points for yelling "GATTACA!" as he was dragged out.

Pete's coin thing is probably going to follow through the rest of the series. Oddly, I'm kinda interested in where it goes.

Now, where the hell is Rafi?

C'mon on man..

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I was hoping they would take big chances and maybe, MAYBE, try to make up some new jokes since it was their last season. Alas, it's just nonstop Taco EBDB, Andre double entendres, Pete and Kevin are gay jokes, Jenny is the man of the house, and Ellie is an idiot. Ruxin once in awhile is funny, but they've already got a couple of "forever uncleeeeeeeeean" jokes in there.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hashtag GBS posted:

The show isn't really that great anymore, but I still watch it every week so i guess it is doing something right

Its being on a Weds when nothing else of import is on.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe the EBDB stiff is still landing for you?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm just hoping they pull a Parks and Recs and have the last few episodes be amazing compared to the rest of the last season. A good finale can make an entire crappy season look better.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Same here, but to each their own I guess. Plus that finale totally redeemed the entire last few seasons as far as I'm concerned. One of the best finales I've ever seen.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's the Eskimo brother database.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hashtag GBS posted:

Whats the deal with him?

Like the rest of the cast with the exception of Kevin, doing things that require more talent/humor and are more rewarding.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Plus if he's friends with Duplass he'll pretty much be able to work forever since that dude is just a writing and producing machine.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Our only real hope here is that they all go on to have super successful careers and put the last 4 seasons of this show behind them forever. Maybe every once in a while one of Jon Lajoie's buddies will give him an EBDBBNB birthday card or something and everyone will get a laugh out of it at the party.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

6-year plan man posted:

The cartoon is a lovely idea as an entire episode of the final season, however I think it could be a spectacular standalone separate spinoff, please make this happen fx.

Dear lord no. Just knowing a Dirty Randy/Rafi show exists would be enough for me to be angry. They're OK in small doses, but more than two episodes in a row of them would be near unbearable.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hated this episode more than any of the others to be honest. I actually fast forwarded some of the Rafi/Dirty Randy stuff. I just don't think they're that funny on their own. But, that said, this is a good start. I said that I hoped they would kill them all off by then end of the show and this is putting us on that trajectory.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

crazycarl posted:

They should have left this scene in the episode

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153733461017272

That was better than the rest of the episode.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I have laughed about 4 times this entire season and about 3 of them were for the draft episode. Thank goodness its ending.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mortanis posted:

Yeah, but at least everyone else in the group hated on Pete's poo poo instead of a chorus full of agreements. The League might have taken ad money but they're not quite embracing it.

"You won Taco."
"YES! Can't wait to get that check!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well, at least we got 3 good seasons out of this show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Very bad. Very very very bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The draft episode of season 7 was OK. I think thats the best thing I can come up with for the last 3 seasons though. 5, 6, and 7 are just terrible garbage and halfway through 4 you could see the stitches coming undone.

• Locked thread