Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Mob posted:

Faber shouldn't try and do verbal comebacks, ever. He's worse than Michael Scott.

I like the fact that he doesn't always come out on the winning side of the verbal thrashing especially when Conor says things like Urijah looks like a 50 year old retired skater. This whole season has been pretty great. The only season I didn't like was the "live" season they did (was that Uriah vs Dominic?) because the format just didn't play into the fun editing that accompanies a normal season.

I don't understand the people saying Conor does no coaching, because in the first 3 episodes he is always rolling with the guys and doing slow motion fighting. It owns. Conor is hilarious so far and Urijah is as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Meowbot posted:

I like the fact that he doesn't always come out on the winning side of the verbal thrashing especially when Conor says things like Urijah looks like a 50 year old retired skater. This whole season has been pretty great. The only season I didn't like was the "live" season they did (was that Uriah vs Dominic?) because the format just didn't play into the fun editing that accompanies a normal season.

lol

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

fatherdog posted:

I'm not sure how showing up for the morning light practice is going to make the guy not do the opposite of what you tell him to.

It wouldn't have but its funny to see a rare moment when Conor acknowledged, internally at least, that he may have done something wrong.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

fatherdog posted:

I'm not sure how showing up for the morning light practice is going to make the guy not do the opposite of what you tell him to.

maybe if they spent more time with him they'd be able to decipher his ridiculous accent

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
"fookin ood tot! OOD TOT!" - yells man angry that people aren't listening to him

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

SalTheBard posted:

Hey that's fine, and I get that but say "Guys, you have to listen to us, we are Coaches for a reason. Sasha, when you were standing up you were winning, let's fix the holes in your ground game so next time you can stand up!"

I had a supervisor who "supervised" like Conor coaches and I was miserable because I felt like a piece of poo poo 24/7, that's probably why thos touched such a nerve with me.

Yeah and then they can paint pictures of sunshine and rainbows

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Some people respond differently to different types of motivation, there is no one size fits all approach to management. See how Greg Jackson calms GSP down in the corner and then downplays any injuries and goes through very specific goals for the next round, meanwhile he's all GO GIT SOME MISTER DONALD SER RO NAY

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

The best is him screaming at condit before the third round of the Macdonald fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dangersim posted:

Yeah and then they can paint pictures of sunshine and rainbows

Is it true that only real men learn from a public belittling?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Who's ready for this weeks Conor McGregor cage side yell times?!

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I made this in honor of McConor, best TUF coach: https://instagram.com/p/8N9y3TrJ1V/

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
holy poo poo that NOS can spray looked like product placement straight out of TUF Brazil

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Those guard pulls to sweeps that Hall was hitting in practice were nuts - one of my buddies does poo poo like that and I still get swept all the loving time.

I'm bad at the grapple.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
That's a hairy chest Brian Ebersole would be proud of

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Marcin moves like he's swimming in molasses, christ what does Conor see in him

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
That was a really good example of how to use the tripod as a defense against a guy with excellent back control

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

And of course the guy who didn't train is gassed. Lol

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

And of course the guy who didn't train is gassed. Lol

Hanging on the back when someone's tripoded like that is very, very tiring. It's one of the reasons it works as defense even if the guy on the bottom doesn't appear to be doing much for long periods of time.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Just saw a GSP commercial :unsmith:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Kinda weird I was expecting a sudden victory round

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

It really should have, but from the way Tom looked at the end of 2 I doubt the outcome would have been much different.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Yeah same but honestly he looked like death before round 1 ended. I'm surprised he didn't get stopped because he looked too gassed to stand at times.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

It really should have, but from the way Tom looked at the end of 2 I doubt the outcome would have been much different.

yeah, good point.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
My impression of Conor as a coach went way up this episode. Helps that they spent a lot of the time focusing on how he was training his guys.

That dude's back hair was nasty. He looked like a sweaty swamp rear end.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

fatherdog posted:

Hanging on the back when someone's tripoded like that is very, very tiring. It's one of the reasons it works as defense even if the guy on the bottom doesn't appear to be doing much for long periods of time.

How would you deal with that, if you were the backpack?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

How would you deal with that, if you were the backpack?

Reach back with the underhooking hand and grab under their leg. Worst case this makes it harder for them to shake you off, best case you can pull forward enough to destabilize the tripod and break them down. I believe you can see Gallicchio trying this once but Marcin was able to step out of it. Iirc you can see BJ doing this a bunch vs Gomi in their fight.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I thought he was going for the same knee bar Lauzon hit on Gomi

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

origami posted:

I thought he was going for the same knee bar Lauzon hit on Gomi

It was probably the other way 'round; Lauzon was going for the leg to hold on/break base, and then when his hands slid down the calf he went after the knee.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Didn't somebody (brock larson?) Hit a wacky rear end knee bar from there once

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Dangersim posted:

Didn't somebody (brock larson?) Hit a wacky rear end knee bar from there once
Kenny Robertson vs Brock Jardine

Also pulled off by Amar Suloev way back in the day.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Cheers. "Human Backpack" is my goal at the moment.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
For anyone curious, the TUF production team is obviously muting the mics of the cornermen for Team Europe, while playing the audio from Conor's mic over the action. So in reality he may not be as loud as we are hearing on the show.

Hilariously, the reason I can tell this is happening is because I utilize the corner mic feature on UFC.tv during fights where Matt Serra is cornering, so I've actually learned to discern between hearing a cornerman's mic and hearing their screaming being picked up by the mics floating above the octagon.

EDIT: If you listen, you can still hear the Team Europe corner being picked up by the octagon mics.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Was up in NY for the No Gi Pans and heard a rumor from multiple sources: Ryan Hall makes it to the finals. Not sure if anyone has heard the same, or something different.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

2DCAT posted:

Was up in NY for the No Gi Pans and heard a rumor from multiple sources: Ryan Hall makes it to the finals. Not sure if anyone has heard the same, or something different.

I would not be surprised at all if Ryan Hall takes the whole thing. His jiu jitsu is just miles above anyone's and that 50-50 guard just seems to confuse everyone on the show.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Lol at "Just give me everything"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Conor not showing up to the wayans is weird

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Conor not showing up to the wayans is weird

I would assume that if he had some other commitment neither he nor NSAC was gonna bother to reschedule since it doesn't actually matter if he's there or not for the weigh-ins.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Coaches have missed those pretty often.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So no show cause baseball, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

tesilential posted:

So no show cause baseball, right?

Yes, but baseball is cool and good and you should watch it instead. The two games FS1 aired yesterday were loving crazy.

• Locked thread