Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

-Atom- posted:

it's Urijah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

red19fire posted:

I think it was the Tito season, when he had his team training super hard the day before a fight. There was also the one coach's challenge where they had to ride exercise bikes and they tricked a guy who had a fight the next day into going all-out to win using a guy who had already been cut. Or am I thinking of another show?

This reminds me of Roy Nelson being demonized for wanting to fight Kimbo because he wanted the quickest, easiest path to the TUF finale.

I think the Tito vs Shamrock season it was Ken who was having his team train hard all the time.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Keg posted:

He won a couple of fights by TKO, but who knows just how awful his opponents in those fights were.

You can get TKOs on the ground. It doesn't indicate that he was striking with anyone.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It will be cool to see Hall submit all of these dudes.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Maybe they know that Hall has a fanbase outside the UFC already and are hoping he'll bring in some more PPV money.

But they aren't fighting on PPV.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Gracie Humaita is a good BJJ gym in Austin. The head instructor is Paulo Brandao and is really good. I know some guys who train there and they have nothing but glowing praise for him. There's also a Paragon and Gracie Barra but I've never been to either of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Train army combatives with Tim Kennedy

Kennedy trains at Gracie Humaita coincidentally.

• Locked thread